The Student Room Group

Art foundation applicants 2012!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
wow yours is amazing! Especially like the skull drawing :smile:

Heres mine, I still have more to add/delete as I have way over 10 on some sections
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simeronk/sets/72157628236162705/
Reply 21
I've applied to
Csm, Arts university college Bournmouth, UCA Fareham, ravensbourne and Kingston.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Kat madin , were you asked to do a project for falmouth ? ive just applied there for a foundation course and completed a 2 week projec theyve set me .. waiting for an e-mail with an interview invitation now :/
Reply 23
Anyone else received an offer from de montford??? Is it conditional or unconditional?
Hey, I've also been offered a place. I suppose they haven't really been that clear but it says that after you confirm the place they would send you all the accomodation applications and such so it seems like it's unconditional, unless that is normal?

•A portfolio of work, or evidence of recent experience in art and design
•A strong GCSE profile or equivalent, including grade C in English and one art and design subject
•A Levels or equivalent, including at least one art and design subject

These are the requirements as stated on their website, and I don't think they would have offered you a place if you hadn't filled these criteria so really, I would just consider it as an unconditional! Usually they would state the grades you need if it were a conditonal offer.

You can still contact them if this hasn't persuaded you! :smile: Congratulations on your offer!
Reply 25
Yeah I was looking at previous applicants on here, and I think its kind of like an unconditional? I got the same kind of offer too as you. Its weird. I just wish I knew all my choices for foundation so i could make the decision now. So exciting. :smile: Do you think your'll take your offer @Bitten Berry? and thanks congrats to you too :smile: :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by flitterfly
Yeah I was looking at previous applicants on here, and I think its kind of like an unconditional? I got the same kind of offer too as you. Its weird. I just wish I knew all my choices for foundation so i could make the decision now. So exciting. :smile: Do you think your'll take your offer @Bitten Berry? and thanks congrats to you too :smile: :smile:

Ah thanks :smile: Yeah I'm just considering it as an unconditional for now anyway.

I'm not sure yet, I've applied to CSM, Loughborough and MMU as well and since we have till.. the beginning of May to confirm with DMU I'm just going to wait and see what else happens!
Reply 27
Original post by Bitten Berry
Ah thanks :smile: Yeah I'm just considering it as an unconditional for now anyway.

I'm not sure yet, I've applied to CSM, Loughborough and MMU as well and since we have till.. the beginning of May to confirm with DMU I'm just going to wait and see what else happens!

I've applied to the same apart from Brookes instead of CSM. have you had your loughborough interview too? Mine was thursday, so so scary!!

But same with De Montford, definitely happy as it's unconditional, but will just have to wait and see. fingers crossed for some more offers :s-smilie:
Original post by flitterfly
I've applied to the same apart from Brookes instead of CSM. have you had your loughborough interview too? Mine was thursday, so so scary!!

But same with De Montford, definitely happy as it's unconditional, but will just have to wait and see. fingers crossed for some more offers :s-smilie:

Oh cool, I had my Loughborough interview on Wednesday :smile: I really like it there, I think it's going to be my second choice after CSM (which I'll probably be rejected from anyway). So I really hope I get into there!

I'm glad that MMU would be my last interview, should I even be called for one, because there's that '24' entry project we need to do :/ And I literally don't see myself having any time to do it.. So I'm thinking that if I get an offer from Loughborough or CSM I'll probably withdraw/cancel my application for Manchester!

But so glad I have an offer now :smile: Feeling so much more secure!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Bitten Berry
Oh cool, I had my Loughborough interview on Wednesday :smile: I really like it there, I think it's going to be my second choice after CSM (which I'll probably be rejected from anyway). So I really hope I get into there!

I'm glad that MMU would be my last interview, should I even be called for one, because there's that '24' entry project we need to do :/ And I literally don't see myself having any time to do it.. So I'm thinking that if I get an offer from Loughborough or CSM I'll probably withdraw/cancel my application for Manchester!

But so glad I have an offer now :smile: Feeling so much more secure!

Yeah I hope I get some more offers, I loved Loughborough so much, but feel a bit hopeless about getting in there. Haven't actually been to an open day at MMU, sounds a good course though; but it would be nice to have some more offers before that interview as of the project as well! Same, offer has been such a relief :smile:
my flickr for kingston is finally half done haha! i just need to take pictures of my big final pieces and sketchbook pages and add a few more observational drawings. phew! http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebeccabking/sets/72157628179501271/

i have an interview/portfolio review at CCW on the 1st of february, so nervous!
anyone applying to leeds college of art got their interview date? :biggrin: i got mine in the post today, it's on the 13th of feb.
Reply 32
Erm, I haven't applied anywhere yet... I have yet to finish the application forms for CCW, Kingston, Richmond and UCA Epsom and I'm sufficiently freaked out. Its so stressful *cry* especially with two January exams to revise for. Anywho, this is my flickr account for Kingston - which needs to be cut down a lot since I have no idea what to include. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73350815@N02/ if you wanned to see...
Hi everyone! it's great to have found such a thread!:biggrin: i m not from the UK and i have applied to central saint martins foundation fashion pathway! i have sent my application along with a cd with 43 drawings and 10 pages from sketchbook! I hope it s all ok! has anyone of you send a cd aswell? I sent my application a bit late like on the 17th january.
Can anyone explain to me please the difference between a foundation a btec and an access to higher education course please!
thank you so much and GOOD LUCK:X!
Hey :smile: I am a first year at college and doing some early research into uni xD I was just wondering... do you ahve to do a foundation in art and design? Because I would much rather go straight onto a degree. And also, can you get any loans/funding if you wish to do your diploma at uni and not college? Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Ginger Julia
Hey :smile: I am a first year at college and doing some early research into uni xD I was just wondering... do you ahve to do a foundation in art and design? Because I would much rather go straight onto a degree. And also, can you get any loans/funding if you wish to do your diploma at uni and not college? Thanks :biggrin:

There are a few places that will take you if you don't have a foundation course, but the popular/prestigious ones will expect one, and in any case, you will be putting yourself at a disavantage compared with the majority of students who will have done one, and whose portfolio will be that much more professional and mature as a result. I'm afraid you don't get loans for foundations reagardless of where you do them, though you also don't pay any fees if you are under 19.
Reply 36
Has anyone heard back from Kingston yet? Or know when we might hear something? :smile: Or ravensbourne? If anyone on here is applying there? :biggrin:
Reply 37
Original post by banafsaji
Erm, I haven't applied anywhere yet... I have yet to finish the application forms for CCW, Kingston, Richmond and UCA Epsom and I'm sufficiently freaked out. Its so stressful *cry* especially with two January exams to revise for. Anywho, this is my flickr account for Kingston - which needs to be cut down a lot since I have no idea what to include. http://www.flickr.com/photos/73350815@N02/ if you wanned to see...

Gosh I love your work, it is awesome! Good luck :biggrin: I have just finished two of my january exams, so I can relate, I have too also finish my current art project by the end of this month so I am on the verge of a mental break down :eek: haha
Reply 38
Original post by Indrreee
Kat madin , were you asked to do a project for falmouth ? ive just applied there for a foundation course and completed a 2 week projec theyve set me .. waiting for an e-mail with an interview invitation now :/

hey! I decided against doing the project in the end because I wasn't sure about the place itself and had to do revision for my january exams, but I hope it went well for you :biggrin:
Everybody's so nice to each other on these art forums, aren't they? One look at any thread involving investment banking shows human beings at their worst, as it seems impossible to have more than two posts without a slanging match developing, but over here, people are really supportive of each others' work, and I think that's really sweet.

Quick Reply

Latest