The Student Room Group

White Girls...Would you marry an Indian or Pakistani Guy?

Dont ask this question without good reason. It somewhat concerns a friend of mine-whose british indian (im also south asian). He's sort of being seeing a white girl for 3 months or so and for a change he can see a LTR developing out of this.

The conversation came up whether he would consider marrying her if things really worked out. In this case he thinks she wouldnt marry someone 'South Asian'. It stills very early I guess...but he's ruled out as a possibility on the basis he assumes she wouldnt consider it (though he's never actually got her views on it).

Anyway, white girls honestly would you ever consider marrying someone of south asian descent?

Dont think its racist at all if you say no (despite some of the overly sensitive people onTSR) :smile: Truthful answers would be great :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I wouldn't marry just any asian guy but if I was in love with someone then I'd have probably long got over their skin colour/origins.

I guess the problems arise when there are expectations from family.
Reply 2
I wouldn't have an issue with it per se, but marriage would depend on their expectations regarding religion/my role as a woman (if present).
Original post by Anonymous
Dont ask this question without good reason. It somewhat concerns a friend of mine-whose british indian (im also south asian). He's sort of being seeing a white girl for 3 months or so and for a change he can see a LTR developing out of this.

The conversation came up whether he would consider marrying her if things really worked out. In this case he thinks she wouldnt marry someone 'South Asian'. It stills very early I guess...but he's ruled out as a possibility on the basis he assumes she wouldnt consider it (though he's never actually got her views on it).

Anyway, white girls honestly would you ever consider marrying someone of south asian descent?

Dont think its racist at all if you say no (despite some of the overly sensitive people onTSR) :smile: Truthful answers would be great :smile:

Why wouldn't she marry him just because he's South Asian? :confused:
Surely if she's in a relationship with him then she's attracted to him & enjoys being with him so I don't why she'd have a problem in marrying him (but further in the future, not after a few months).
Reply 4
Ffs... It doesn't matter what skin colour you are or whether you're from different ethnic backgrounds. We're all the same.. Human beings. If they really like each other and well.. love one another, then why not? Yeah there's gonna be issues raised by parents but.. Just do what you feel is right init!
I don't find them physically attractive.
Reply 6
Yeah thats what I thought and told him.....he just assumed for no particuliar reason apart from he gets the impression her parents may not approve :confused: But it raised the topic.......
Reply 7
Original post by NickR92
Ffs... It doesn't matter what skin colour you are or whether you're from different ethnic backgrounds. We're all the same.. Human beings. If they really like each other and well.. love one another, then why not? Yeah there's gonna be issues raised by parents but.. Just do what you feel is right init!

I do agree completely of course. But Im not sure everyone thinks like you.....
If I was in love with him, had been going out for a few years etc. then yes.

However, I suspect that with someone who had only recently come to the UK from India / Pakistan, the cultural gap (religion, women's roles, attitudes towards more everyday things) might be too wide to make a relationship work in the first place - it was a significant part of why me and my last boyfriend broke up.
You can be attracted to someone without enjoying being with them. I'm a modern woman in my early 20s who has slept with 19 males. I would only consider a south-asian guy if I was desperately looking to settle down. From my experience, they are smaller 'down there' and culture can be a hassle. However, I wouldn't rule it out because of the monetary gains in the relationship. I'm mostly attracted to white males though.
Reply 10
If I love him, why not? but just as long as he or his family do not try to impose their beliefs or come with annoying things such as 'you have to change your religion' or 'you're a woman so... blah blah blah' as I would not tolerate it :s-smilie: I consider myself an open minded person and things like that just put me on my nerves. If they accept me the way I am and they don't look down on me because of it, I wouldn't see the problem. I do actually find interratial relationships really exciting and interesting where you learn a lot about cultural differences and such :smile:

I always feel awful saying it but it is the truth in that I just don't find non-white guys attractive really, I know that sounds bad, I think it may have something to do with the fact that I've been brought up in an area where 99% of the people are white, I don't know, but I just don't find them sexually attractive :s-smilie: I don't have anything against them, I've got plenty of non-white guys who are friends and they're great guys but I just don't find myself attracted to them. Maybe it's because my 'type' are generally white british guys with dark blonde or light brown hair, I'm coming across as wierd so I'm gna make this post anonymous :tongue:
However if I did find non-white guys attractive, and the guy was nice and decent and I loved him then yeah I don't see why I wouldn't want to marry him, the only thing that would stop me would be any religious issues, ie. by marrying him would I have to commit to a religion, or would our children have to be brought up in a relgion, also if there are religious issues then where do i stand as a woman? Am I still viewed as an equal and am I allowed my freedom? Any of those would be a deal breaker for me, but if theres no religious issues then yes I would marry him.
Reply 12
Original post by Ahotaru
If I love him, why not? but just as long as he or his family do not try to impose their beliefs or come with annoying things such as 'you have to change your religion' or 'you're a woman so... blah blah blah' as I would not tolerate it :s-smilie: I consider myself an open minded person and things like that just put me on my nerves. If they accept me the way I am and they don't look down on me because of it, I wouldn't see the problem. I do actually find interratial relationships really exciting and interesting where you learn a lot about cultural differences and such :smile:

Well hello there :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Dubstarr
Well hello there :wink:

A straightforwad guy I see here :tongue:
I am a young white American woman who would without a doubt marry my South Indian "boyfriend".

If this woman is as serious about having a long term relationship with your friend as he is, then there is always a chance it could work out. While I have dated outside of my culture before and had a great understanding and love for Indian culture prior to meeting my now boyfriend - our relationship has not come without many challenges. Love is not enough here. It takes a whole lot of being honest, open, and learning to communicate to understand all the differences and expectations that by default exist (at a seemingly greater rate than a intercultural relationship).
Reply 15
There is no doubt that White girls are Beautiful :smile:

When you are in Love with someone, race does not matter at all, unless you make it :smile:
You can be attracted to someone without enjoying being with them. I'm a modern woman in my early 20s who has slept with 19 males. I would only consider a south-asian guy if I was desperately looking to settle down. From my experience, they are smaller 'down there' and culture can be a hassle. However, I wouldn't rule it out because of the monetary gains in the relationship. I'm mostly attracted to white males though.

Lmao. Born and bred in England.
... I'm 6 and a half inches down there and the chicks i've been with seem to dig it haha.
Original post by RainPours
What that girl said, was very unfair :frown:

Woah... chill out bro haha. Don't get all sensitive.

You get some stereotypical chicks these days... it's cool. The only time they'll know not all indians have small penises is when they actually em'...
Reply 18
Woah... chill out bro haha. Don't get all sensitive.

You get some stereotypical chicks these days... it's cool. The only time they'll know not all indians have small penises is when they actually em'...

Haha... Nah it just really get's me upset when I hear these comments..
Why are girls like her so ignorant?

I really don't understand?
Original post by RainPours
Haha... Nah it just really get's me upset when I hear these comments..
Why are girls like her so ignorant?

I really don't understand?

ffs... grow some balls and chill it man.
stop being sensitive.

Latest