The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Getting Involved

Hey,

So I have accepted my place on the Air Transport Management course and I am now very excited to get to Loughborough and get started on it.

However, I am also wanting to potentially get involved with the SU and some of its societies. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start with getting involved and what kind of involvement the SU can offer me.

If you are a current student and possibly point me in the right direction or give some advice on what I can expect with regards to the SU then that would be fantastic!
The LSU website is the place to start :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
If you look on the LSU website (Potally_Tissed linked to it) that'll give you an idea of some of the societies/AU clubs you can join. As well as that, every year in the first term the union puts on a Societies Bazaar and AU Bazaar where you can go down and see what they're all about and meet some of the committee.

There's a lot to choose from in the societies federation and the AU.
Reply 3
Original post by Patto1989
Hey,

So I have accepted my place on the Air Transport Management course and I am now very excited to get to Loughborough and get started on it.

However, I am also wanting to potentially get involved with the SU and some of its societies. Unfortunately I don't really know where to start with getting involved and what kind of involvement the SU can offer me.

If you are a current student and possibly point me in the right direction or give some advice on what I can expect with regards to the SU then that would be fantastic!

Oooh congrats :biggrin:
Silly question but what does SU stand for?
Original post by DxxbPwnz
Oooh congrats :biggrin:
Silly question but what does SU stand for?

Student Union.
Reply 5
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Student Union.

Ahh okay.. don't they have jobs within student unions at uni?
Original post by DxxbPwnz
Ahh okay.. don't they have jobs within student unions at uni?

Yeah, they'll usually try get a few people to work at the union (bar work, bouncers, etc.) at the start of the year and sometimes intermittently during term time. I've got a couple mates who work there, one on the bars and one on security and I think it pays about £6/hour give or take.
Reply 7
If you want to get involved in the academic side there are quite a few positions you can run for, department reps, programme presidents etc. All great on the CV and good to be involved with.
Reply 8
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Yeah, they'll usually try get a few people to work at the union (bar work, bouncers, etc.) at the start of the year and sometimes intermittently during term time. I've got a couple mates who work there, one on the bars and one on security and I think it pays about £6/hour give or take.

Ahh that sounds alright, with these fees and loans I could do with some extra cash aha. Silly government -.-

Quick Reply

Latest