The Student Room Group

Got 5 offers - how would you rank these unis ..

in terms of experience, quality of teaching and graduate employment.

Course is History & Theology and Religious Studies.

Offers:

Leeds: ABB [A in History]
Lancaster: AAB
Glasgow: ABB
Cardiff: ABB
Newman University College: 280 points

Trying to decide what to firm and what to insure. Thanks for any help.
ETA: since I'm a EU passport holder from Northern Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid for me at Glasgow by SAAS.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Probably Lancaster, Cardiff, Leeds, Glasgow then Newman... but I'm not student I'm going on what Ive heard from others and the grades!
Lancaster, Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow then Newman.

So basically the order of the offers from high to low. And since you only get two choices, it's pretty clear you should firm Lancaster and backup one of the others (maybe not Newman unless you're convinced you're likely to mess up more than one subject)

I love how everyone uses the Guardian tables since the Times got put behind a paywall.
The first 4 are all pretty equal I would say? Just firm the one you like the most, where you'd feel the most comfortable. Leeds is a big city, with lots do to and it'll be completely different to Lancaster which is by the sea and is much smaller. Also it depends what modules you do in each course and whether they interest you - I would have applied to Leeds if I had the grades for the course, and I know they had modules that I'd love to do.. it's ashame they changed their entry requirements :frown:
I'd go:

Leeds > Cardiff > Lancaster > Glasgow > Newman

But I know a lot about Leeds and Cardiff, and nothing about Lancaster, so I'm almost certainly wrong :P
Original post by Callum828
I love how everyone uses the Guardian tables since the Times got put behind a paywall.

Yup, that's my reason. Dam you Times! :angry:
Reply 8
Leeds
Cardiff
Glasgow
Lancaster
Newman
Reply 9
forget rank, it means nothing if you aren't enjoying it
Reply 10
darn, tried to give a thumbs up to all who replied just to say thx for the input, but seems there's a limit you can do each day grrrr. Good to see other peoples opinions so thanks all. edited my original post to include info that since I'm a EU passport holder from Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid at University of Glasgow for me by SAAS.
Reply 11
Original post by mmtdevlin
darn, tried to give a thumbs up to all who replied just to say thx for the input, but seems there's a limit you can do each day grrrr. Good to see other peoples opinions so thanks all. edited my original post to include info that since I'm a EU passport holder from Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid at University of Glasgow for me by SAAS.

Not bad.
Original post by mmtdevlin

are you south of the border though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending