The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

i know what you mean! Im one of the oldest in my class too! Is it going to be far to commute? Well im really considering ljm plus i will be closer to my sister who lives up there.

My first choice was bangor but i still havent heard anything from them yet. It will be next year now hopefully. Who knows we may be in the same class!!
Liverpool
Reply 21
Original post by Frecklesgirl
i know what you mean! Im one of the oldest in my class too! Is it going to be far to commute? Well im really considering ljm plus i will be closer to my sister who lives up there.

My first choice was bangor but i still havent heard anything from them yet. It will be next year now hopefully. Who knows we may be in the same class!!

Haha, I am THE oldest in my class at the minute! Used to be 2nd eldest last year but we got split into Forensic and Medical Science groups so now im granny haha. Its not too bad to commute from where i am, should be about an hour and twenty mins traffic depending...:smile:

hopefully you will hear something soon, my tutors seem to think that they will get most of the applications that were in before Christmas sorted before the January deadline, apparently its a manic rush for people to get their applications in then!
Well i definitely moving towards LJMU, ive been speaking to my sister and she is really excited and planning on where im going to live and trying to get me a job a knowesly safari park. Im really considering it so we could possibly be in the same class!
Reply 23
Haha, well at least we will know someone! I had the interview for my present course with a girl who i didnt know, and who is now my closest friend at college and it deffo helped that we knew someone as she is quite shy and struggles to make friends. :-)

Knowsley Safari Park sounds a brill place to work, i would love to do something like that prior to actually getting to LJMU, but with childcare and travelling to the nearest zoo (Blackpool) its not really realistic for me. Plus my tutors havee encouraged me to go for the large scholarship offered by LJMU, so im planning on trying to get a fair bit of volunteering done too, as well as setting up a website to help people with cats affected with FLUTD (first hand experience ofthat, unfortunately) so busy busy busy :-)

Have you looked into scholarships etc?
cool, Ive done some volunteering which was great. Plus im quite lucky that we have loads of zoos and wildlife parks in this area.

Ive briefly looked into what i can apply for, because my income is crap i can get 500 each year from the uni, i think we can get 2000 off the tuition fee too
Reply 25
Hey! I've applied to john moores to study criminology and got a conditional offer. [Facebook link removed - contact me by PM] I'm on yougo aswell! By the way have you thought where are you gonna apply for accommodation? I really hope to meet some decent people :smile:
Well done!! Ive decided to live on my own and possibly in Prescot as my sister lives there and i know the area a little.

Jennyfb have you got a date yet for the applicant open day? Im going on the 15th feb.
Reply 27
Original post by Frecklesgirl
Well done!! Ive decided to live on my own and possibly in Prescot as my sister lives there and i know the area a little.

Jennyfb have you got a date yet for the applicant open day? Im going on the 15th feb.

Ahhh, no they havent contacted me about it yet, have you had a letter/email/phone call etc? Im glad that its soon, was gettinga bit anxious about going and sussing the place out properly!

Is that a course specific open day or a general science faculty one?:smile:
its a course specfic open day, i contacted them to ask what day it was happening as im going up there to visit my sister. I would email them and ask.

I got told more details will be sent through in the post.
Reply 29
i'm going for the applicant day on the 30th march! anyone else?
Original post by jennyfb
Ahhh, no they havent contacted me about it yet, have you had a letter/email/phone call etc? Im glad that its soon, was gettinga bit anxious about going and sussing the place out properly!

Is that a course specific open day or a general science faculty one?:smile:

Have you received the email yet for the open day? Its a course specific which zoology and animal behaviour.
Reply 31
Just got my letter for a place on the applicant day. Anyone else on Wednesday 7th March?
Original post by monikaaaa
i'm going for the applicant day on the 30th march! anyone else?

Me too! What are you studying? By the way, have they emailed you back about the applicant day after you confirmed you'd be attending? :smile:
Reply 33
Got the conditional i was after for ljmu...applicant day on the 22nd of feb, anyone else on the same day? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by heythereluckyone
Me too! What are you studying? By the way, have they emailed you back about the applicant day after you confirmed you'd be attending? :smile:

I haven't confirmed them yet. I'm about to do it now :smile: Criminology, what about you? I probably will see you then! Are you on facebook?
Reply 35
I haven't confirmed them yet. I'm about to do it now :smile: Criminology, what about you? I probably will see you then! Are you on facebook?

Im doing crim and psych at jmu next year too! havent found anyone else who is yet! whats all this about (sorry to be so nosey!) i havent had any email off them about any days :frown:
Original post by RinniieX
Im doing crim and psych at jmu next year too! havent found anyone else who is yet! whats all this about (sorry to be so nosey!) i havent had any email off them about any days :frown:

Have you got your acceptance letter yet? It should tell you about an applicant day.

Creative Writing with Film Studies. I'll PM you my facebook :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by heythereluckyone
Have you got your acceptance letter yet? It should tell you about an applicant day.

oh i havent firmed it as my offer yet as im waiting on one more uni to get back to me, i may just withdraw it though as i dont want to go there any more! do i have to firm the offer before i get the letter? or do you mean the letter saying you have been offered a conditional place at jmu ?
Original post by RinniieX
oh i havent firmed it as my offer yet as im waiting on one more uni to get back to me, i may just withdraw it though as i dont want to go there any more! do i have to firm the offer before i get the letter? or do you mean the letter saying you have been offered a conditional place at jmu ?

Oh sorry, yeah, I meant the offer letter. Have you had that one?

Quick Reply