The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Doctor.
well last year there was, when I emailed them last year they said they had in excess of 4000 applicants or sonething. This year people have been quoting 3000. I just assume its lower then :s-smilie:

Also wasn't it slightly lower, the number of applicants for medicine and dentistry this year? UCAS released sone results while back? - not sure on this one though.

either way, I have no interviews :frown::frown:

Yeah medicine/dentistry applications have decreased this year (not sure by how much) but individual med schools like Barts have experienced an increase in applicants.
Original post by BlackThought
Unfortunately not, the reason why the number of interviews given out has decreased is because the number of places they have available have been slashed due to budget cuts. Therefore the success rate will remain largely the same as the ratio of interviews to places is still roughly the same.

Ahh gosh are you serious :frown: It's not fair.first the tution fees rising and now the number of people being interviewed has gone down because of budget cuts...the government really doesn't want us to study medicine hey..well that won't stop me :wink:
Reply 822
Unfortunately not, the reason why the number of interviews given out has decreased is because the number of places they have available have been slashed due to budget cuts. Therefore the success rate will remain largely the same as the ratio of interviews to places is still roughly the same.

Ah that makes sense. Do you know what the number of places are now?

Is this the same for the graduate course as there is only 32 places for this course anyway?
iirc i THINK its been decreased from 350 places to 268 places. Graduate entry places have also been decreased slightly so......yeah......bad times :frown:
Reply 825
iirc i THINK its been decreased from 350 places to 268 places. Graduate entry places have also been decreased slightly so......yeah......bad times :frown:

:eek: that is insane!

What no!!!!!!! Is this for all medical schools or just liverpool, ahh no im scared now even though I've had my interview.

Also guys was just reading the liverpool website and it says that most applicants who fail to meet the academic criteria will usually be notified by the end of december so you guys are all good :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by myyrh

I know right?! I'm don't think this is for ALL med schools though but definitely for liverpool. On the bright side, liverpool is one of those that seem to be quite generous with the amount of offers they give out so don't lose hope guys! Sorry to be a bummer!!! I'm sure we'll be fine!!! Just keep those fingers crossed! :biggrin:
Oh man, wish I hadn't read this thread now haha. I really like Liverpool too.
Original post by groovyangel2008
What no!!!!!!! Is this for all medical schools or just liverpool, ahh no im scared now even though I've had my interview.

Also guys was just reading the liverpool website and it says that most applicants who fail to meet the academic criteria will usually be notified by the end of december so you guys are all good :smile:

Yeah, but from what I've seen like nobody has been rejected yet!
Reply 830
Original post by dragonfly647
Yeah, but from what I've seen like nobody has been rejected yet!

Agreed, I got rejected just before xmas last time..so it seems like they're keeping me for some odd reason lol :colone:
Original post by Doctor.
Agreed, I got rejected just before xmas last time..so it seems like they're keeping me for some odd reason lol :colone:

well best of luck, have you had an interview yet? :smile:
Reply 832
Original post by dragonfly647
well best of luck, have you had an interview yet? :smile:

Nope, from nowhere! :frown: How about you?
Original post by Doctor.
Nope, from nowhere! :frown: How about you?

I've had an interview from Hull-York. That's all.
Reply 834
The wait is driving me mad!! Everytime I see I have an email I freak out ..then it is just River Islands newsletter and the agonizing wait begins again :/

I'm saying a novena to St.Rita...I'm so Irish. Good luck all, I genuinely hope we all get in!
Reply 835
Original post by Burly!Sue
The wait is driving me mad!! Everytime I see I have an email I freak out ..then it is just River Islands newsletter and the agonizing wait begins again :/

I'm saying a novena to St.Rita...I'm so Irish. Good luck all, I genuinely hope we all get in!

lol, that was me last year, everytime i got an email, my heart started pounding so fast and they were all adverts or something, and I was like that since the day I sent off my application till the end of march,,,, now that its my second time applying, I think that there is no point of stressing out about it.. I've only logged on to ucas once since i've sent off my application, which is really weird considering that I used to check ucas atleast 10 times a day last year but I realised that there is no point of all that lol ...
Best of Luck with ur application and don't stress too much about it all :smile:
Reply 836
Original post by Burly!Sue

River Island have a sale on :biggrin:
Reply 837
Original post by Doctor.
River Island have a sale on :biggrin:

I know, seriously draining my wages!! Plus why is the one thing you HAVE to have the only thing that is not in the sale...tragic!:cool:

Thanks Nnuunnuu!! :smile:
Reply 838
Original post by myyrh

By any chance, do you know how many internationals applied and how many places they have?
Original post by Nnuunnuu
lol, that was me last year, everytime i got an email, my heart started pounding so fast and they were all adverts or something, and I was like that since the day I sent off my application till the end of march,,,, now that its my second time applying, I think that there is no point of stressing out about it.. I've only logged on to ucas once since i've sent off my application, which is really weird considering that I used to check ucas atleast 10 times a day last year but I realised that there is no point of all that lol ...
Best of Luck with ur application and don't stress too much about it all :smile:

pretty much summed it up, there's no point in logging in on UCAS though because you'd get emailed/texted regarding any updates :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending