The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cookies!
Whats the name of the compound for the entry level question? And can someone explain how they did it? :smile: thanks!

think about what they're drawn it out off :smile:

GOOGLE LIKE CRAZY :colone:
Reply 101
haha thanks so much!
completely over saw what they were drawn out from :P
got it straight away when i typed it on google!
thanks for the hint :smile:
Original post by dream_merchant
i didnt use the density at all. you know the compound so you know the mr of the compound. so you mess aroiund with the numbers to change mg/dm3 to mol/dm-3

I am still stuck on this. :/ :frown:

Spoiler

Reply 103
WOo done :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 104
So stuck on gold! can any explain please?
im guessing its 3 elements in red blood cells, leaves etc? something to do with porphyrins? or am I completely missing something :P
thanks! :smile:
Original post by sonal95
im guessing its 3 elements in red blood cells, leaves etc? something to do with porphyrins? or am I completely missing something :P

You're looking for three different metal atoms that occur in three different types of porphyrin (look at the pictures in the background)
Original post by Cookies!
WOo done :smile:

how about a hint for the last one?? :colondollar:
how about a hint for the last one?? :colondollar:

seriously! what is the name of that old guy??? and that elemental riddle is driving me CRAZY! help please someone??? just tell me what his name is!!! :confused::confused:
Reply 108
I'm stuck on gold =/ I think the metal atoms for red blood cells and leaves are iron and magnesium but what is the other one?!

Yeah, I've just realised that it is a turaco :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AngelaSwisse
seriously! what is the name of that old guy??? and that elemental riddle is driving me CRAZY! help please someone??? just tell me what his name is!!! :confused::confused:

old guy??

and yeah, that riddle is downright confusing but will be so damn obvious once we know the answer. :rolleyes:
Reply 110
old guy??

and yeah, that riddle is downright confusing but will be so damn obvious once we know the answer. :rolleyes:

Have you done it yet? I think I have the answers for the 3rd and 4th letters.
Original post by craig12
Have you done it yet? I think I have the answers for the 3rd and 4th letters.

nope, does each line mean a letter, a group of letters, or each relate to an element to make a compound. its so confusing :frown:
Reply 112
See below for a hint:

Spoiler

Original post by CM23925
See below for a hint:

Spoiler

thanks, having another go now as a break from revision :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by craig12
I'm stuck on gold =/ I think the metal atoms for red blood cells and leaves are iron and magnesium but what is the other one?!

Yeah, I've just realised that it is a turaco :smile:

haha yeah, i ended up typing into google spiky hair, green body and orange eyes:tongue:
Reply 115
nope, does each line mean a letter, a group of letters, or each relate to an element to make a compound. its so confusing :frown:

yup basically what everyone else has said! :smile: also, you will know this chemist if you do a level chem :P
Finally :biggrin: Thank God for wikipedia :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by sonal95

Original post by sonal95

did you find the answer? I'm really stuck
Finally :biggrin: Thank God for wikipedia :biggrin:

Spoiler

you got the answer??? if you did...can you please gimme some sort of a clue??? :colondollar:
Original post by AngelaSwisse
you got the answer??? if you did...can you please gimme some sort of a clue??? :colondollar:

I didnt really work it out, as ive said in my spoiler, but theres plenty of hints above

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest