The Student Room Group

TSR History forum "who are you?" thread

Scroll to see replies

Username: Silmarillion
Level: AS
Board: EdExcell - I think
Options: Russia 1800- Lenin and Civil Right Movement in America 1870ish - 1960's/70's

I HATE modern History and I think it is soooo not fair that we couldn't choose our modules! But I have to do crappy A-Level modern History if I want to do History and University!! :frown:
Reply 421
Username: Mazzini
Level: IGCSE
Board: Edexcel
Options: A3: Development of Dictatorship: Germany 1918-45; A9: A World Divided: International Relations between the Wars, 1919-39; B2: The First World War 1914-18; and C3: Changes in Medicine c1845-c1945.

I'd be doing Early Modern if I had been given the choice :tongue:
Original post by Mazzini
Username: Mazzini
Level: IGCSE
Board: Edexcel
Options: A3: Development of Dictatorship: Germany 1918-45; A9: A World Divided: International Relations between the Wars, 1919-39; B2: The First World War 1914-18; and C3: Changes in Medicine c1845-c1945.

I'd be doing Early Modern if I had been given the choice :tongue:

I'm doing my Edexcel IGCSE History exam this May. For section A I'm doing Germany 1918-1945. Then I'm doing A9 option just like you. For section B I'm doing the same topic as you - WW1. But for section C I'm doing C5: Middle East.

I am not very good in history. I would like some tips from you. How do I improve myself? Also how do I finish the exam on time? I never finish in proper time.
Reply 423
Original post by gabriel 41
I'm doing my Edexcel IGCSE History exam this May. For section A I'm doing Germany 1918-1945. Then I'm doing A9 option just like you. For section B I'm doing the same topic as you - WW1. But for section C I'm doing C5: Middle East.

I am not very good in history. I would like some tips from you. How do I improve myself? Also how do I finish the exam on time? I never finish in proper time.

I'll PM you so we don't clog up the thread with this :smile:
Reply 424
User Name: Mod Calm
Level you are taking this year Just about to complete undergraduate degree and begin a Postgraduate (MA) in October.
Board you are taking Durham University
Options you are taking Early Modern History (Britain/Europe 1450-1800 with an emphasis on intellectual history [Radicalism and republicanism etc...] and religion).
User Name: Cyborg Pirate
Level you are taking this year: Second year Uni, Undergraduate.
Board you are taking: J'wha? Whatever Edge Hill do?
(if known) options you are taking:
The rise and Fall of the Soviet union, The Rise and fall of the British Empire, American Foreign policy, and Crime and society 1750-1900
Reply 426
User Name: CUFCDan
Level you are taking this year: First Year (Second in October) Uni, History and Politics
Board you are taking: Essex.
(if known) options you are taking: Capitalism and Its Critics, The New British Politics, The British People during the war: a social history, political theory, historical themes, the Surveillance State 1500-Present (next year). This year: Introduction to Politics, Intro to European Politics, Intro to international relations, and Making of the Modern World.

Next year sounds so much better huh?
Reply 427
Username: navarre
Level: A2
Board: AQA
Options: Russia and the USSR, 1941-1991: From Triumph to Collapse
Reply 428
User Name: lectabuzz
Level you are taking this year: AS
Board you are taking: AQA
(if known) options you are taking: Absolutist States: The Reign of Louis XIV 1661-1715, Britain 1625-1642: The Failure of Absolutism.
User Name: Oli-Ol
Board you are taking: OCR A
(if known) options you are taking: Wars of the Roses and Cold War (1945-1975)
Reply 430
User Name: rowboatHT
Board you are taking: Edexcel
Options you are taking: Henry VIII (1509 - 1540), Russia (1881 - 1924), USA (1945 - 1968)
Username: Energy_Purple
Options you are taking: War of the Roses, Battle of Bosworth and Henry VII, Henry VIII

I've come to the conclusion that I don't particularly like the Tudors anymore :P
Reply 432
You've got the Tudors pretty intensely there!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
User Name: British_Student^^
Level you are taking this year: A2
Board you are taking: AQA
(if known) options you are taking:
Britain 1918-1964 & Did Local History Study for my coursework
AS I did America 1890-1945 & Britain 1959-1975

:smile:
User Name: Sharon.Louise
Level you are taking this year: IGCSE
Options you are taking:
Reply 435
user name Frazeled , studying igcse history, exam board name edexel. Finding my home study course with the national extention collage tough but intresting im on assignment five at the moment which is about Stalin and my last four assignments where on Lenin i will be very relived when when im past assignment seven and studying germany in world war one and two insted of the bolsheviks !
Username | blueconstellation (alothough everyone else's usernames seem cooler than mine :frown: )
Level | A2 from September, hopefully
Board | AQA
Options | AS was Britain 1483-1529, Nazi Germany. A2 will be Elizabeth I and US foreign policy as coursework (Russia would have better..)

Ooh, can I also say I'm really interested in economic history, especially the wool and cloth trade in Medieval and Early Modern times.
Reply 437
Well I've finished my IGCSE now so I'll redo mine :tongue:

User Name: Mazzini
Level you are taking this year AS (sitting in the summer of 2013)
Board you are taking OCR A
(if known) options you are taking Henry VIII-Mary I & German reformation in the 1500s.

Anyone else doing it this year? :smile:
Reply 438
User Name: Clessus
Level you are taking this year: B.A.
Board you are taking: Queen's University Belfast
(if known) options you are taking: Soviet Foreign Policy 1917-199, Spanish Civil War, History for Historians, Religion, Secularization and Conflict in Modern Europe 1789 to the Present, The Second World War in Europe, The American South 1619-1865, Revolutionary Europe, 1500-1789
(edited 11 years ago)
User Name: amycharlotte
Level: Advanced Higher
Options: Germany, which covers:
-The Weimar Republic
-The Rise of the Nazis
-The Nazi State

I'm such a history geek! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending