The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
Original post by malika774
By any chance, do you know how many internationals applied and how many places they have?

Sorry I have no idea about the figures for international applicants :/ try emailing Liverpool, they would probably be able to tell you last years stats.
Original post by Nnuunnuu
lol, that was me last year, everytime i got an email, my heart started pounding so fast and they were all adverts or something, and I was like that since the day I sent off my application till the end of march,,,, now that its my second time applying, I think that there is no point of stressing out about it.. I've only logged on to ucas once since i've sent off my application, which is really weird considering that I used to check ucas atleast 10 times a day last year but I realised that there is no point of all that lol ...
Best of Luck with ur application and don't stress too much about it all :smile:

Original post by excalibere
pretty much summed it up, there's no point in logging in on UCAS though because you'd get emailed/texted regarding any updates :smile:

Ditto :smile:
I only check track once, when I get home from work (about 8pm) because I know nothing will be updated after that and sometimes I forget to check at all!
Whereas, last year I probably raped the refresh button on my email and track :rolleyes:
As of now, I'm more worried about my chemistry resit - because that's the only thing that I can prepare for (news will come when it comes i guess)..
Reply 842
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Ditto :smile:
I only check track once, when I get home from work (about 8pm) because I know nothing will be updated after that and sometimes I forget to check at all!
Whereas, last year I probably raped the refresh button on my email and track :rolleyes:
As of now, I'm more worried about my chemistry resit - because that's the only thing that I can prepare for (news will come when it comes i guess)..

haha, same, I raped the refresh button on my track last year, even at night and in weekends, like someone has nothing better to do than looking at my application at 11:00 in the evening on saturday :biggrin:
and sameee, I'm doing a chemistry resit too, and thats the only thing I'm focusing on atm ... where else have you applied? and have you had any interviews yet?
haha, same, I raped the refresh button on my track last year, even at night and in weekends, like someone has nothing better to do than looking at my application at 11:00 in the evening on saturday :biggrin:
and sameee, I'm doing a chemistry resit too, and thats the only thing I'm focusing on atm ... where else have you applied? and have you had any interviews yet?

I applied to Peninsula, Southampton and Lancaster.
One interview for Peninsula in mid december. Rejection from Lancaster.. :frown:
Only interview I'm waiting for is Liverpool I guess before offers/rejections starting coming out :redface:
What about you?
Hey this is going to sound like a random question...but are we still in recession at the moment?
Im just trying to understand the budget cuts that Liverpool are making?
Original post by groovyangel2008
Hey this is going to sound like a random question...but are we still in recession at the moment?
Im just trying to understand the budget cuts that Liverpool are making?

No, they are cutting back though, oh boy they are most certainly are :s-smilie:
Original post by planetconwy1
No, they are cutting back though, oh boy they are most certainly are :s-smilie:

Really why do you say oh boy? Is it that bad?
I had an interview at liverpool in december thinking it went okay...and now the more I think about it the more im not sure if I was THAT good that I deserve a place. And now its become apparent that there is even less places than I thought in the first place Im even more concerned. Anyone else feel like this? Gosh march, why are you so far away!

Trying my best not to think about it from now though, just though I'd get it off my chest. Whats done is done hey!
Really why do you say oh boy? Is it that bad?

Let me put it this way.. we are now marking our own exams :dry:
Reply 849
i need to stop checking my emails every 10 seconds!!!! who else is finding the wait ridiculous?!!!!!!
Reply 850
Original post by Rahmeh.
i need to stop checking my emails every 10 seconds!!!! who else is finding the wait ridiculous?!!!!!!

I started of relentlessly checking my email soon after the end of October. Soon I realised It was just making me feel rubbish so I gave up. The only times I would then check my email for a potential interview would be after stalking the Liverpool thread and seeing that some had been handed out.
Original post by planetconwy1
Let me put it this way.. we are now marking our own exams :dry:

OMG what?!?
The actual summative assessments at the end of year? Thats so bad :eek: Why?!
Reply 852
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I applied to Peninsula, Southampton and Lancaster.
One interview for Peninsula in mid december. Rejection from Lancaster.. :frown:
Only interview I'm waiting for is Liverpool I guess before offers/rejections starting coming out :redface:
What about you?

Imperial, southampton, and Leeds and still haven't heard anything from anywhere yet
Original post by myyrh
I started of relentlessly checking my email soon after the end of October. Soon I realised It was just making me feel rubbish so I gave up. The only times I would then check my email for a potential interview would be after stalking the Liverpool thread and seeing that some had been handed out.

This.

I did this just now when interviews were handed out today at the keele thread :sigh:
Reply 854
Original post by This Honest
This.

I did this just now when interviews were handed out today at the keele thread :sigh:

I wish they would just give us a reply and put us out of our misery already :redface:
Imperial, southampton, and Leeds and still haven't heard anything from anywhere yet

Good luck with everything - I'm sure you'll hear good news soon :smile: I know the wait can be excruciating as I lived through it last year
Reply 856
I had an interview at liverpool in december thinking it went okay...and now the more I think about it the more im not sure if I was THAT good that I deserve a place. And now its become apparent that there is even less places than I thought in the first place Im even more concerned. Anyone else feel like this? Gosh march, why are you so far away!

Trying my best not to think about it from now though, just though I'd get it off my chest. Whats done is done hey!

feeling exactly the same! came out of my interview feeling happy and pleased, but now i'm looking back at it picking at everything i said and wondering if they took me as a joke!!
this wait is torture!
Original post by lizzy999
I wish they would just give us a reply and put us out of our misery already :redface:

Over 3000 applicants so I kinda understand but still yeah, gimme gimme :stomp:
Original post by jamieyea
feeling exactly the same! came out of my interview feeling happy and pleased, but now i'm looking back at it picking at everything i said and wondering if they took me as a joke!!
this wait is torture!

Glad Im not the only one who feels like this!!! Yeah im scared they might be wondering what the hell I was talking about :rolleyes:
Liverpool haven't sent me anything since my acknowledgement e-mail! Has anyone else had that? It seems like everyone else has had advertisements and things like that, but I haven't heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending