How do you feel? Excited!
Reply 162
Original post by UnoAcoustic

Original post by UnoAcoustic
Subject: Maths
College: St Edmund Hall
Outcome: Conditional
Conditions: A*A
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): Letter (which turned up 4 hours late...)
How do you feel?: Couldn't believe it at first. I was all geared up for a rejection. Calmer now, and more motivated to revise :smile:

Better late than never :wink:

Finally found a mathematician from Teddy Hall :smile: A*A?!That's incredible!!!
Subject: Experimental Psychology
College: Pembroke
Outcome: Offer
Conditions: AAA (Maths, Further Maths, Physics)
How did you hear?: Post was very slow so i emailed them pretending i was going on holiday next day and requesting a decision by email and they rang straight back :smile:
How do you feel? Relieved when the letter finally arrived so i could relax and stop thinking they had made a mistake :biggrin: I am now VERY excited!
Reply 164
Original post by totallyawesome
Subject: History And Politics
College: Trinity
How did you hear? Email (international applicant)
Conditions: 5-5-5 on APs, including either US or Euro AND Comp Gov & Politics
How did you feel? OMG OMG OMG

Congrats! Is it 2 5's (say US history and Comp Gov) then or 3 5's that is needed?
Reply 165
Sorry, I'm a newcomer here. I am a student living outside of the EU, and I have done my interview via Skype around the end of December. I have still yet to receive a decision letter from my college, St Edmunds. I heard that every college at Oxford sends out their acceptances/rejections at once, and I've seen from a couple of posts here that there are indeed students that have received acceptances/rejections from Teddy Hall. Should I contact them to ask, or is it normal that I haven't received my letter yet?

P.S. My course is PPE, by the way :s-smilie: ...
Original post by Krave
Sorry, I'm a newcomer here. I am a student living outside of the EU, and I have done my interview via Skype around the end of December. I have still yet to receive a decision letter from my college, St Edmunds. I heard that every college at Oxford sends out their acceptances/rejections at once, and I've seen from a couple of posts here that there are indeed students that have received acceptances/rejections from Teddy Hall. Should I contact them to ask, or is it normal that I haven't received my letter yet?

P.S. My course is PPE, by the way :s-smilie: ...

Definitely contact them, you should have heard a month ago. Don't worry they won't mind, just ask them to send you the decision by email :smile:
Original post by new123
Congrats! Is it 2 5's (say US history and Comp Gov) then or 3 5's that is needed?

Nope, it's 3 5's. One has to be Comp Gov, one has to be US or Euro, and then my choice for the third one (but for me, that will be the other of US or Euro). The idea behind 555 is that it is basically the US equivalent of the standard Oxford offer of AAA.

Are you also a US applicant? What college did you apply to?
Subject: French and Arabic
College: Somerville College
Outcome: CONDITIONAL OFFER WOOOOOOOO :biggrin:
Conditions: 3As at A2
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl): owl, duhhh! (e-mail then letter)
How do you feel? ECSTATIC can't wait to arrive :biggrin:
Subject: English
College: Magdalen
Outcome: conditional
Condition: 40 IB points with a 7 in English
How did you hear?: Letter
How do you feel?: Pretty happy I guess.
Subject: Music
College: Somerville
Conditions: AAA
How did you hear? (eg letter/phone/owl):email
How do you feel? worried that I won't get the grades!!
Subject: History & Politics
College: Teddy's Hall
How did you hear?: The eagerly anticipated letter!
How did you feel?: Still not sure it wasn't an elaborate joke!
Original post by FTMcMahon
Subject: History & Politics
College: St Edmund Hall
How did you hear?: Letter
How did you feel?: Elated, obviously, but completely flabbergasted after what felt like an interview from hell.

Congratulations! Same offer here, too - did you find the history or the politics interview worse? I actually found myself talking about chair design in my history one,much to my surprise! (I was the girl)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending