The Student Room Group

AQA English Language and Literature Specification B Unit 1 Exam? HELP.

So, I have my AQA English Language and Literature Specification B Unit 1 Exam tomorrow and there is no doubt in my mind I am completely unprepared.
I have done absolutely no exam prep or revision and I am in the mindset that I am going to HAVE to 'blag' my way through it and grab on to any language & literary devices as I go.
My targets a 'B' and at the beginning of the year I did recieve A's & B's for my assessments however I quickly deteriorated as the course progressed due to sheer complacency.
I'm hoping that somehow I will 'blag' myself a D/C which will then enable me to resit in June and hopefully get a B...
MOVING ON....
IS THERE ANY VITAL TIPS YOU CAN OFFER ME??!?!?! Is anybody else is the same situation or has anybody else experienced a similar situation with another A-Level.
How can I ever redeem myself?! I HAVE to eventually get a B...
:colondollar::frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i'm exactly the same.... but this is my resit so not good. i just can't be bothered with it. it's just so boring
How did you all do???

I chose ADLESTROP - to say that the writer learnt that travel can be relaxing
+ Always our likely finale- to say that the writer took this journey, and alternatively learnt that there is some sense of pre-destination, and this educated guess is simply based around this jouney. He transfers this knowledge to the reader in whcih he edcuates them.
Reply 3
i did thats mortons ontranto text and the blog one... it was so bad. and i just hadn;t a clue what to write for the unseen bit
I'm doing the Food anthology so I have no idea about the travel anthology...
Original post by mizzT
i did thats mortons ontranto text and the blog one... it was so bad. and i just hadn;t a clue what to write for the unseen bit

I think I may have answered the question wrong? idk....cause I think it was supposed to be educational...or enriching.i did however try to justify my answer..but i just realised that relaxation is edcuation ??? :O ooohh goshh i don't wanna worry about it toooo much..I'm trusting God :smile:
Original post by mizzT

IKR..!!!! the unseen was a frickinnnnnnn JOKE..it was supposed to be humourous..ermm okay then..i just babled and I hope and pray i picked up more marks on the anthology question :/ sighhh this wait is going to be...LOOONNGGGG
I did Zaire being a national geographic article therefore education for both reader and narrative voice and carnet de voyage passing on knowledge and enriching someone else's life.
Original post by Yellowranger
I did Zaire being a national geographic article therefore education for both reader and narrative voice and carnet de voyage passing on knowledge and enriching someone else's life.

Sounds like you aced it.! well done hun...inbox me! :smile: new to this..so not sure how it works lol
I thought the unseen was really good all you had to talk about was the purpose ...
I thought the unseen was really good all you had to talk about was the purpose ...

IKR.!
I spoke about the audience being males -1900 men would use public transport - females housewives no need for public transport..the amount of imperitive...direct speech

Text B - 2nd person pronoun 'YOU' less gender specific, purpose to inform...the clear points disallowed ambiguity and any unwanted legal action...simple lexis..although fairly legalistic

What did you say?
Original post by ToyosiBaby
IKR.!
I spoke about the audience being males -1900 men would use public transport - females housewives no need for public transport..the amount of imperitive...direct speech

Text B - 2nd person pronoun 'YOU' less gender specific, purpose to inform...the clear points disallowed ambiguity and any unwanted legal action...simple lexis..although fairly legalistic

What did you say?

Wow yes I agree ! But I wish I went further into diachronic changes and talked about things outside the text like you did about 1900 society sick idea.
Wow yes I agree ! But I wish I went further into diachronic changes and talked about things outside the text like you did about 1900 society sick idea.

BRAVVV you went in ahahah and with Text A..the 'humorous' (although I do not find it humourous AT ALL lool) side to it..psshhtt kmt these texts i just wanna get my grade...be able to breathe out (cause i'm breathing in right now) and move on from AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
BRAVVV you went in ahahah and with Text A..the 'humorous' (although I do not find it humourous AT ALL lool) side to it..psshhtt kmt these texts i just wanna get my grade...be able to breathe out (cause i'm breathing in right now) and move on from AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Lmao! Same here A2 is more interesting and If I dont get that grade I'm at home for another year.
Will keep my fingers crossed for you all :-)
Got my Lang exam in May and bricking it already :-(
Original post by figuresk8rstudent

You've got ages just focus and REVISE!
Lmao! Same here A2 is more interesting and If I dont get that grade I'm at home for another year.

I hear that still..and God forbid ...you will succeed and do well..THINK POSITIVE!!!!!! (p.s i'm not into all that universe nonsense sense-non but i do believe in positive thinking and GOD of course...!) :smile:
Original post by figuresk8rstudent

Thanks and just revise revise and make LOADS of relevant notesssss...like seperate ones....ask your teacher for help..NEVER settle at a grade..ALWAYS strive to improve!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement.
Sadly im a Home Student - only have an Online Tutor, sure do miss the whole classroom experience LOL
Currently studying Register and Language in Context whilst working on my Coursework - decided to write about a Memory and maybe an informal, persuasive review of my favourite holiday place at the moment - what did or are you doing for your coursework?
Im Dale btw ;-)
I hear that still..and God forbid ...you will succeed and do well..THINK POSITIVE!!!!!! (p.s i'm not into all that universe nonsense sense-non but i do believe in positive thinking and GOD of course...!) :smile:

Well I've never been one for that but I'll try it thank you for the encouragement!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending