The Student Room Group

Games you love that no one else seems to have played

Scroll to see replies

PS1 - Tarzan, remember being addicted to this, such amazing graphics :wink:

Best game ever
Reply 381
Original post by laurentommo
PS1 - Tarzan, remember being addicted to this, such amazing graphics :wink:

I never had the full game but i got a game with about 10 different demos on and tarzan was one of them! It was so good, but i could never complete the demo so i didnt think it was worth getting the full game :frown: I was about 7 so not the gaming whiz i am today :tongue:
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Turok: Evolution
Tales of Symphonia
Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 in the US)

I love these games :smile:
Reply 383
RuneScape. :redface:

- Dan
Reply 384
Original post by DPowell
RuneScape. :redface:

- Dan

Lol for Runescape it's more many people have played it but few people do any more. I used to like it but haven't really played for a while.
Reply 385
Colony Wars - Red Sun
Soviet Strike
X-Men: Mutant Academy
The World is Not Enough
Scarface
Haven
Reply 386
Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars

It's a PS3 exclusive, and can be downloaded from PSN (there's also a demo with timed online play). It's basically football, but you control a car, a car that can go fly, no less. I have pumped many many many hours into it, and continue to do so. I usually only play in unranked matches now, but at one time I was in the top20 players for Europe in 3v3 Ranked matched. What a game. Anyone who enjoys football/hockey/tennis/pool/car games should probably give it a go

Reply 387
Ring of Red - world war strategy game with mechs, released very early in the PS2's life.

Reply 388
Original post by roar558
Lol for Runescape it's more many people have played it but few people do any more. I used to like it but haven't really played for a while.

I still play now, I was a Moderator on it also for quite some time. :smile: Gets boring sometimes though!!!!

- Dan
Reply 389
Original post by Mr Incredible
This thread may be able to give me answers, i once played a demo of like a metal spider type thing, it had loads of guns and was possibly set in a dockyard?
Not much to go on i know, but if anybody could help i'd love to buy that game :colondollar:

Was it Ghost in the Shell for PS1? I remember playing the demo of that and your description rang a bell!

For me, it is Lego Racers - used to play that so much! Don't know how popular it was but I loved it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 390
Mount & Blade... love this game, but all my gaming friends haven't played it so I have no one to play online with >.<
Original post by Tefhel
Was it Ghost in the Shell for PS1? I remember playing the demo of that and your description rang a bell!

For me, it is Lego Racers - used to play that so much! Don't know how popular it was but I loved it.

Holy god yes it is, i seem to remember being impressed with the graphics at the time :rofl2: gunna play it tonight :colone: <333

Never met anybody else who's played it, despite it being an extremely well received game. I'd go so far as to say it's my favourite racer of the current generation of consoles, although admittedly I don't play that many of them.
Original post by disposablesteve
Also on the Amiga, i played the hell our of this game for years and still do;

Proper old school there. :biggrin: I still have my Atari ST and I never completed that game. My favourite goes to Anarchy. I have been meaning to complete this game. I quite liked N-Gen Racing on the PS1, more of the concept than anything. Racing in jet fighters. :eek:
Reply 394
Original post by mahjongmagic

Original post by mahjongmagic
Yes! :biggrin: That was such fun when I was younger, especially the dinosaur pack where I just set T-rexes loose on the guests :colone:

I wasn't even that imaginative. I think i just let the them all out. together. :L No dinosaurs. Needless to say, things like the Orca just died.
Reply 395
Original post by TheGoat
Kula World / Roll Away :s noone I know seems to have any idea of what it is 8-)

I remember when I first got my PS1, Kula World was on the demo disc that came with it. I never bought the game but I spent so much time on that demo when I only had 1/2 games for the console. It's the sort of weird game you just don't see now but you saw tons of during the PS1 era.

To the list I have to add Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) and Smuggler's Run (PS2 - although it was a Rockstar game, this was before GTAIII).
Reply 396
Original post by Curzon
Mount & Blade... love this game, but all my gaming friends haven't played it so I have no one to play online with >.<

I regularly play it although I much prefer the single player to the multiplayer. The single player is really quite unique, it's almost like a Medieval GTA in the way it works. I can't wait for M&B2 and much better graphics and a deeper single player and storyline.
rugrats search for reptar on ps1, completed that game many a time when i was young , loved it!
Original post by Thrutheless
Shadow of Memories:

It's all about the story, you play as a man who is murdered and is then given time travelling powers to go back in time to change events to prevent his own death. The game offers the player many ways to survive each chapter, it was the first game I played where I felt my action made a difference. If you like games like Heavy Rain, Fable, Fahrenheit I heavily recomend this. - PS2, XBOX1 and PC.

I remember the first week I bought it, I was determined to achieve all 8 endings in two days. The voice acting was a bit hit and miss, Hugo really grated on my nerves, but an excellent game nonetheless!

The director Junko Kawano also directed Time Hollow, a pretty decent Adventure for the DS (but not a touch on SoM).

The DS has produced some excellent 'interactive novel' type Adventures. Hotel Dusk Room 215, and its 'prequel,' The Last Window are very good games, but I rarely meet anyone IRL who has played them.
Phantom Crash on the old HUEG XBOX! Lovely little mech brawler with great design, customization and game play by Genki. My friends who introduced me to it are the only people I know who have played it. Unfortunately It's doesn't run on 360 very well, and when Konami released the sequel on PS2, they cranked up the difficulty for the Japanese market, rendering it virtually unplayable for me. *sigh*

Quick Reply