The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for ocr mei maths paper for today by any chance?
Thanks again Mr M :smile: if I remember my answers right I hooooope ive got full marks, but will probs have lost some on drawings!
I haven't understood a single bit of anything in the OP, but I see how worthy a winner you are of the award.:biggrin:
Reply 23
Just generally I did fine but for question 8 Can u show us hoe u did it or atleast talk us through it... For question 3 I couldn't find r so that was annoying.but yeh what do u reckon grade boundaries are... They are.58/72 for an A right the standard
mr m, do you do ocr mei mark scheme aswell? thanks
Reply 25
Does anyone have the paper they could send me, thanks
Reply 26
Mr M, are you planning to put up the M2 solutions?
Original post by florencechu
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for ocr mei maths paper for today by any chance?

if you find out could you let me know bud
Reply 28
Thanks again sir! I'm such an idiot when it comes to maths exams, always make such silly, silly errors :/

Other than Question 8, was a relatively straight forward paper. Hoping for a C/B :smile:
Didn't get question 8 or 10 iv) lost 10 marks atleast by getting those two wrong :frown: bad times:mad:
Reply 30
For 9ii) Do you lose a mark for writing x > -4. x < 3 as it's not in that specific form?
Can someone post list of the questions please? I can't remember them at all :frown: Thanks!
Reply 32
Anyone got the question paper ??
Does anybody remember what question 7ii) was?
Original post by kellyfw123
how many marks do you think you would get if on question 8, you got all the way to the simplified quadratic formula and then just screwed up finding the coordinates?
thanks

4 marks probably
Original post by ScottENGLAND
mr m, do you do ocr mei mark scheme aswell? thanks

Not really - I don't actually have a MEI paper anyway - the reason I have it is my own students take OCR.
Original post by Kavzaz
For 9ii) Do you lose a mark for writing x > -4. x < 3 as it's not in that specific form?

You *might* lose 1 mark for not combining the inequalities.
Original post by CJAW
Mr M, are you planning to put up the M2 solutions?

I will if someone sends me a paper - I don't have one as no-one was sitting it in my centre.
Original post by Aadil
Just generally I did fine but for question 8 Can u show us hoe u did it or atleast talk us through it... For question 3 I couldn't find r so that was annoying.but yeh what do u reckon grade boundaries are... They are.58/72 for an A right the standard

There are several ways to do 8.

I found the equation of the line passing through (3,5) with gradient -2 was y = -2x + 11. Any point that is 6 sqrt 5 away from (3, 5) lies on the circle centre (3,5) radius 6 sqrt 5 so I wrote down the equation of this circle and solved a pair of simultaneous equations to find where the line meets this circle.
Reply 39
Lol that was clever ... I got the equation of the line atleast... So thats what.1 mark maybe 2... Thanks Mr m looks like I did well ... One.last thing.. the question 7iii where you explain why it is greater than x >-2 I didn't say no roots but explained it well enough to get the marks ... CAn I still get 2 without saying no real roots
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest