Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull University Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by melvin2907
What are you applying for and will it be your firm?

Can't believe I forgot to put that!

BSc Computer Science, yes it will be my firm I was sold on a College day out to the Uni, can't believe how passionate the lecturers were.

And the course actually looks awesome compared to some other Computer Science courses that look mainly like Java Schools!

But I digress!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by M161
Can't believe I forgot to put that!

BSc Computer Science, yes it will be my firm I was sold on a College day out to the Uni, can't believe how passionate the lecturers were.

And the course actually looks awesome compared to some other Computer Science courses that look mainly like Java Schools!

But I digress!

I really liked Hull too on the open days, I am just unsure whether it will be my firm. It is between Hull and Greenwich... Are you going to an applicant day (or have they not sent the info yet if you have just been offered a place)
Reply 122
I really liked Hull too on the open days, I am just unsure whether it will be my firm. It is between Hull and Greenwich... Are you going to an applicant day (or have they not sent the info yet if you have just been offered a place)

Well on my letter it says in Feb/March (haven't got the actual dates yet) but I will be going.

Cant wait :smile:
Original post by M161
Well on my letter it says in Feb/March (haven't got the actual dates yet) but I will be going.

Cant wait :smile:

You should get an e-mail soon with details, I got my offer in December and was sent the dates on 3rd January. They are:

•

Saturday 11 February

•

Wednesday 22 February

•

Saturday 25 February

•

Saturday 10 March

•

Wednesday 21 March

Not sure about how far you are travelling, but the computer department will pay for your train fare as explained on this page: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/science/computer_science/prospective_students/undergraduate_study/open_days.aspx.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 124
You should get an e-mail soon with details, I got my offer in December and was sent the dates on 3rd January. They are:

•

Saturday 11 February

•

Wednesday 22 February

•

Saturday 25 February

•

Saturday 10 March

•

Wednesday 21 March

Not sure about how far you are travelling, but the computer department will pay for your train fare as explained on this page: http://www2.hull.ac.uk/science/computer_science/prospective_students/undergraduate_study/open_days.aspx.

Thanks, I live in Hull already (will be staying in Halls though at Uni) so won't be travelling far (15min walk haha)

I'm lucky I've got a good Uni in my hometown :smile:
Reply 125
I've got an interview on 12th Jan (thursday) to study social work at Hull.

Anyone else applied to do social work? :smile:
Reply 126
Anyone applied for Physics? I just got an offer :smile:
Original post by Shack93
Anyone applied for Physics? I just got an offer :smile:

Offer for physics, here too. Did you get a personal message at the bottom of your offer letter thingy?
Reply 128
Original post by LastHype
Offer for physics, here too. Did you get a personal message at the bottom of your offer letter thingy?

Yeah, I got a well done for active involvements with sixth form and in general, How about you?
What's your offer too?
Original post by Shack93
Yeah, I got a well done for active involvements with sixth form and in general, How about you?
What's your offer too?

Exactly the same, I had a feeling it wasn't that personal after all...

BBC w/M+P. I assume yours was the same? Where else have you applied too? :smile:
Reply 130
Anyone who had an interview at hull for social work on Jan 12th, please post on here to let me know if theyve contacted you. id like to know roughly when ill recieve a decision. It will be highly appreciated.
Reply 131
Exactly the same, I had a feeling it wasn't that personal after all...

BBC w/M+P. I assume yours was the same? Where else have you applied too? :smile:

Ah man , I though it was a personal message :/ Yeah same but \i already have the C so only need 2 B's.

Because my chemistry grade can't be improved from a C I had to apply for quite low Uni's

keele
Hull
Dundee
Nottinham Trent
Aberyswyth

What about you?
Original post by Shack93
Ah man , I though it was a personal message :/ Yeah same but \i already have the C so only need 2 B's.

Because my chemistry grade can't be improved from a C I had to apply for quite low Uni's

keele
Hull
Dundee
Nottinham Trent
Aberyswyth

What about you?

I did to, but I'm hardly suprised its not after all, still a nice touch :smile:

I already had a C in maths, and I should improve it to a B in January hopefully & I'm taking fMaths, so I could be a little more ambitious than I thought.

Hertfordshire: BBB
Hull: BBC
Liverpool: ABB
Kent: Acknowledged
Sussex: Nothing :mad:
I have got 3 out of 5 university offers so far, and still waiting on the the status of two others. Does anyone know the final date of when the universities have to give an offer / unsuccessful?
Reply 134
I did to, but I'm hardly suprised its not after all, still a nice touch :smile:

I already had a C in maths, and I should improve it to a B in January hopefully & I'm taking fMaths, so I could be a little more ambitious than I thought.

Hertfordshire: BBB
Hull: BBC
Liverpool: ABB
Kent: Acknowledged
Sussex: Nothing :mad:

Yeah I suppose :smile:

Nice one

Wish I had applied to one Ambitious Uni.

Will liverpool be your firm if sussex don't offer?
Original post by Philraw123
I have got 3 out of 5 university offers so far, and still waiting on the the status of two others. Does anyone know the final date of when the universities have to give an offer / unsuccessful?

A long time, 31st March.

Original post by Shack93
Yeah I suppose :smile:

Nice one

Wish I had applied to one Ambitious Uni.

Will liverpool be your firm if sussex don't offer?

Probably not, my firm is looking like it's going to be Hertfordshire, I don't fancy being all the way down in Sussex. Where are you gona firm?
Reply 136
A long time, 31st March.

Probably not, my firm is looking like it's going to be Hertfordshire, I don't fancy being all the way down in Sussex. Where are you gona firm?

Dundee or Keele if they give me an offer but I quite like the look of Aber.
All mine are far away though I live at the very bottom of the UK
Original post by Shack93
Dundee or Keele if they give me an offer but I quite like the look of Aber.
All mine are far away though I live at the very bottom of the UK

Woah thats a long way, one of my mates is going Aberyswyth to do physics.

I live in Leicester, so I quite fancy living in London, and not in the middle of nowhere.
Reply 138
Woah thats a long way, one of my mates is going Aberyswyth to do physics.

I live in Leicester, so I quite fancy living in London, and not in the middle of nowhere.

I live in Weymouth lol That's the only problem with Aber :/ So I'm not sure yet.
Original post by Shack93
I live in Weymouth lol That's the only problem with Aber :/ So I'm not sure yet.

Woah, you couldn't be much further from Dundee!

Quick Reply