The Student Room Group

WJEC AS English Literature 12th January 2012 Exam

Just wondering how people found it? What did you think of the questions? :smile:
I did.

Found it haaaard.
I did Heaney
Reply 2
I didd! We did Duffy and Kindertransport
Questions were okayy, but i messed up the poetry essay...gutted it's equal now tbh!
Original post by beckiee
I didd! We did Duffy and Kindertransport
Questions were okayy, but i messed up the poetry essay...gutted it's equal now tbh!

Yeah I messed upto.lol
What you doing for lt2?? I really want too choose the books because
my school have picked awful ones
Reply 4
The tempest, Doctor Faustus and some poetry but can't remember which
Quite fun! How about you?
Our choices are between Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea
Or Room with a View and Remains of the Day.
Just wtf
Reply 6
I did the first question on Duffy and Pugh and then Dancing at Lughnasa. I loved the Duffy and Pugh question, but I did make a huge mistake in it, lol....probably more actually. I was like wtf with both the Dancing at Lughnasa questions so I just did number 18 because I could talk about historical context more, but I still think I did crap on it :/
Reply 7
oh god, i've heard about the dancing at lughnasa questions from the other english class, i don't know a single person who didn'y go for historical context. what was the other qestion? :s-smilie: i did murmring judges, they picked such an obscure passage to write about :frown: i did so badly
Reply 8
Original post by crew.m
oh god, i've heard about the dancing at lughnasa questions from the other english class, i don't know a single person who didn'y go for historical context. what was the other qestion? :s-smilie: i did murmring judges, they picked such an obscure passage to write about :frown: i did so badly

I did murmuring judges too- I did the question on power, what did you do?
I think I spent too much time on the poetry, so didn't really get to write all I wanted:frown:

And I wasn't sure how to add in context:s-smilie:

Really hated that play- nothing happens!
Reply 9
Original post by crew.m

The first Dancing at Lughnasa question was about how Friel presents the Irish Catholic Family or something along those lines. The one I did was about the significance of gender in the 1930s. I thought both the passages for Dancing at Lughnasa were obscure too. There are so many other passages that are better suited to the questions on the paper. How do you think you did?
Reply 10
oh my days ... wth was that paper :frown: i put no background historical information:/
Reply 11
I am in desperate need for the Larkin and Abse january 2012 exam questions if anyone knows? thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending