The Student Room Group

WJEC BY2 - 18th Jan 2012

Not seen a thread for this yet so thought I'd post :smile:

Anyone else taking this? Feeling prepared?
I'm slightly stressed over it with it being a resit and I know I need a high grade :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(Y) good luck
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Dreading it! It's a resit too :/
Reply 3
Reckon digestion will pop up...
Reply 4
Man I've sat this paper way too many times!
Reply 5
btw anyone have the by2 paper from last summer?
Just learnt all the essay markschemes from the past few years and praying atleast one will pop up haha
Reply 7
I'm hoping for a fair bit on digestion but not confident at all on anything else :/ hopefully some last minute revision this morning will help! Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 8
This is my second time sitting this. Still not all that confident - there's just so much to learn! Going to do one last past paper and then look over 10 mark essays.

Good luck everyone!
Reply 9
I'm praying for an essay question on Natural Selection, the ones last summer were horrible, i did the haemoglobin one because the other one looked even worse (can't remember what it was now). I got a C last time around but managed an A at AS as I got very high marks in by1 and by3. By2 just doesn't click for me, I'm enjoying by4 much more :smile:
So how did everyone find it?
Reply 11
I thought it was a tad weird and set out differently to usual but it was okay overall..

They tested me on everything I had skimmed over, like the first question i was a bit iffy labelling it mouth or buccal cavity.

The drawing a graph was nice.. Did you put the distance moved by air bubble on the X axis? Please say you have!

Don't think there was any other "bad" questions. I had an E in June and I really don't know how so im hoping i did better this time :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by AlexBamsey
I thought it was a tad weird and set out differently to usual but it was okay overall..

They tested me on everything I had skimmed over, like the first question i was a bit iffy labelling it mouth or buccal cavity.

The drawing a graph was nice.. Did you put the distance moved by air bubble on the X axis? Please say you have!

Don't think there was any other "bad" questions. I had an E in June and I really don't know how so im hoping i did better this time :smile:

I put mouth too. Also, for D and E did you put large/small intestine or did it have to be more precise?
Reply 13
i put buccal cavity, and large and small intestine
for the next q, did you guys put d and e?
Reply 14
Just looked through my notes - buccal cavity, oesophogus, stomach, ileum, colon/large intestine
I found it more straightforward compared to last summer. Some of the questions seemed to repeat themselves though, like the life cycle of insect and the gas exchange questions. As for the questions, I put mouth, oesophogus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine. Hope it goes well, I need a better grade :redface:
Reply 16
Original post by Ash03
i put buccal cavity, and large and small intestine
for the next q, did you guys put d and e?

Yup, for absorption i put E (large intestine) and for digestion I put D (small intestine).

Also for the labelling I put large/small intestines, I didn't call it ileum. Wish I did now but oh well!
Reply 17
Original post by supersajjad
I found it more straightforward compared to last summer. Some of the questions seemed to repeat themselves though, like the life cycle of insect and the gas exchange questions. As for the questions, I put mouth, oesophogus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine. Hope it goes well, I need a better grade :redface:

I agree, they kept repeating themselves!
Original post by AlexBamsey
Yup, for absorption i put E (large intestine) and for digestion I put D (small intestine).

Also for the labelling I put large/small intestines, I didn't call it ileum. Wish I did now but oh well!

Heey, I think it might be wrong! Well according to my book, but dont worry Ive done the same mistake,
apparently you were meant to put Absorption: D&E and for Digestion: D, and A(mouth), cause of the mechanical digestion or soemthing ?!
Im not 100% sure thoguh!
Sorry for another post, but I jsut thoguht of a few questions that I wasnt sure about,
The graph for left ventricle and aorta, 3 mark question, asking to compare the pressures, what did everyone put for that?
And the essay I did the essay on gas exchancge surfaces, but I kind of run out of things to say, all i was saying is why alveoli is a good exchange surface and bascially how its adapted for it (i made about 5 points :/ ) wasnt sure what else to say about it?

Quick Reply