The Student Room Group

Apple iPod nano 1st gen recall!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Annie72
I have , yes.

Awesome. :smile:
Original post by QI Elf
Has anyone sent one back with illegally downloaded music on it?

When I first had mine when I was like 13, I have to admit that I did download some songs illegally.

I tried to get them off but couldn't as I don't have the computer I used to sort the nano out.

Yes I did, it was fine no worries, the thing probably gets wiped straight away.
Anyone else send faulty ones? I sent two, one with a cracked screen (LCD not casing) and another that itunes couldn't detect, both say replacement pending so looks like they've been approved.

Arrived with them on the 29th and 30th December, hope they get returned by monday (but doubt it) as I wanted one to take back to uni with me.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by theronkinator
Anyone else send faulty ones? I sent two, one with a cracked screen (LCD not casing) and another that itunes couldn't detect, both say replacement pending so looks like they've been approved.

Arrived with them on the 29th and 30th December, hope they get returned by monday (but doubt it) as I wanted one to take back to uni with me.

Could try ring up and get the address changed? :smile:
My brothers has come back (as a 6th gen) but mine sent and tested on the same day is still to come. Apparently they are delivering 600/day in Edinburgh alone - and Edinburgh is not a big city!

Dates are along the lines of sent on 18th Nov, recieved/tested/product replacement pending 17th Dec and my brothers changed since yesterday and today to say his replacement was coming and arrived this morning.

My click wheel was broken and my ipod touch is water damaged so I am looking forward to owning an ipod again :biggrin:

I'm at uni too so won't be getting mine until I'm home sometime in February anyway.

EDIT:Mine came earlier in the week. My brother is dead chuffed with his.
(edited 12 years ago)
Just submitted my serial and details. It didn't say anything about it definately being replaced but they are sending me a box? Is that as good as done?
Reply 86
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
Just submitted my serial and details. It didn't say anything about it definately being replaced but they are sending me a box? Is that as good as done?

I'd say yes as that message about them sending a box was exactly the same as the one I got.
Original post by Annie72
I'd say yes as that message about them sending a box was exactly the same as the one I got.
Reply 88
Hey

Does anyone know whether it's too late to send it off? Is there a deadline? :colondollar:
Reply 89
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo

You're welcome :smile:
Original post by Miu-Miu
Hey

Does anyone know whether it's too late to send it off? Is there a deadline? :colondollar:
I just submitted my request about an hour ago and they're now sending me a box to return it so I don't think its too late. On the 2nd of 3rd post in this thread there is a link.
I just received mine yesterday. I submitted my serial number details and received a box around the end of November then they had processed and were awaiting product replacement on the 20th December. Just in case anybody was wondering how long it took. I can honestly say I think the new iPod nano is great! Bearing in mind my first generation iPod nano was the one I used, the functions on this are such an improvement. My initial reaction to such a small screen utilising touch screen and swiping functionality was that it would make it small and cramped, but it is actually the perfect size. The screen is crisp and sharp and the UI of it is stylish yet functional and simple, as with all iPods. The only concern I have is that when putting pressure to open the clip at the back, you inevitably have to pinch the nano at the front where the screen is and I am worried that through repeated use and putting pressure on the screen this may lead to damaging it. Only time will tell I imagine. I hope you are all as pleased with your new nano as I am with mine!
Reply 92
Just a word of warning, if anyone is sending them back please make sure that you get a proof of posting.

Mine has gone missing in the post. I sent it to them on the 23rd of November and it has never arrived. I called them on January 10th and was told that they had it and that if I never heard anything in the next week to call them again. So I called today to be told that they had never received it. Luckily I have kept the proof of posting so I have scanned it and sent it to them today. I have been told that they will investigate it and next week I should (hopefully) get my replacement.
For an update, I registered mine for return on the 20th of December, packing came about 3 days later, showed on the Apple self solve system being processed on the 31st of December and "product replacement pending" showed until the 9th of Feb. At which point it changed to "replacement product shipped" and gave me a UPS tracking number.
UPS have just been (1240 on 13th of Feb) and I signed for the small box. Inside the box is a little leaflet from Apple saying "here it is" and some packing with a new silver newest gen 8 Gig nano. No leads or headphones but I can live with that.
Sent my two on the 15th December, arrived with them on the 28th and 29th December, got replacements on friday 10th Feb finally. Took a long time but I just got two working 8GB 6G nano's from sending off two broken first gens I got for free, so I can live with that. One of mine had a crackd screen and the other couldn't be detected by itunes.

*Negged for this, seriously, 9 points as well, get a grip.
(edited 12 years ago)
Finally got my replacement today! :smile: Over six weeks after I sent my old one off.
Original post by jameswhughes
Finally got my replacement today! :smile: Over six weeks after I sent my old one off.

Did you get a 6th gen or a replacement 1st gen? I've recently been given an old nano that I might send off if they're still giving away shiny new ones, otherwise I'll just sell it back on =P
Yeah, silver 6th generation, 8GB. It's definitely worth sending the old nano off :smile:
Reply 98
Has everyone been given different models as replacements? I got one of those tiny ipod shuffles with the clip as the replacement which pissed me off! We were going to give the replacement to my Grandma to listen to audio books on but an ipod without a screen won't work for that :/
Original post by keziah_X
Has everyone been given different models as replacements? I got one of those tiny ipod shuffles with the clip as the replacement which pissed me off! We were going to give the replacement to my Grandma to listen to audio books on but an ipod without a screen won't work for that :/

I think everyone got an upgraded replacement, though from what I've seen everyone seems to have a new iPod nano, not a shuffle :s-smilie:

Quick Reply