The Student Room Group

AQA Law 02 - 19th Jan

Scroll to see replies

REVISE LOTSSSS :biggrin:
you basically need to know mens rea, actus reus and causation really well... and sentencing (range of it) and possibly transferred malice.
work on learning the cases!!
for the torte... just look at negligence- duty of care, dangerous and breach of duty- as long as you know that off the top off your head u shud be fine.
also damages and res ipsa loquitur... track system and probs procedure before trial xx
Original post by ChilledBean
REVISE LOTSSSS :biggrin:
you basically need to know mens rea, actus reus and causation really well... and sentencing (range of it) and possibly transferred malice.
work on learning the cases!!
for the torte... just look at negligence- duty of care, dangerous and breach of duty- as long as you know that off the top off your head u shud be fine.
also damages and res ipsa loquitur... track system and probs procedure before trial xx

Thanks ChilledBean. Have you already sat this exam?
Reply 22
How did it go???????
Reply 23
think it went really well, answered all the questions in as much detail as i can :biggrin:

only thing i forgot was the causation in fact, multiple causes (barker v corus and fairchild glenhaven something something) and intervening acts :frown: only remembered the barnett v chelsea one so i guess it's ok!

thought the case studies were completely stupid though.
Reply 24
Was pretty hard, how did you find it?
Reply 25
was this a resit for yous?
Reply 26
Im sitting mine in May/June ....getting nervous already....any tips peeps?
Reply 27
Thought the first two questions on criminal and contract were great, hopefully done well. The contract case study was just ridiculous, never seen one like that - especially as there are no acceptance cases for emails. Could go either way i think.
Reply 28
What offence did everyone put for the incident with the digger? Assault or battery?
Is it just me that wasn't expecting the 8/10 mark questions? i really ****ed the 10 marker up as well.
Reply 30
My law teacher said they were getting rid of a question but I thought they'd just merge the last two for each section - I think I might have done ok in the criminal section but arghhh damages 8 marks up from 5 :/
Original post by amydredgex

What offence did everyone put for the incident with the digger? Assault or battery?

I put battery because he applied force but didn't cause any injury :s-smilie:
I have the 19th Jan 2012 Past Paper with me if anyone needs any questions reminding, just ask. :smile:
Reply 33

I put battery, but explained why assualt COULD be used in some aspects. I thought the exam was pretty easy/fair.
Did anyone do the tort bit?
Thought that scenario was a bit silly :/ Didnt know what to put!

I thought it was okay though :smile: ran out of time again Grrr.
Reply 35
Original post by Rapture117
I put battery, but explained why assualt COULD be used in some aspects. I thought the exam was pretty easy/fair.

I put that he intended to assault him which ultimately resulted in the battery.
I'll be retaking this is the summer. I have no idea how I managed to write as much as I did but I know I haven't done as well as I wanted to. :frown:

I put both, it didn't seem limited in the question. Assault for intending to scare him and Battery when he was reckless in catching him.
Reply 38
In one of the criminal scenarios' i stated that kie might be liable for assault(battery) occasionally actual bodily harm, just wondering if its correct??

:s-smilie: lasts years 02 paper may11 paper mark scheme stated that the accused could be liable for battery or ABH.
Reply 39
Original post by Fergo

Original post by Fergo
I put both, it didn't seem limited in the question. Assault for intending to scare him and Battery when he was reckless in catching him.

Yeah to be honest that seems like the right answer, I wish I put both! It seems so obvious now!

Quick Reply

Latest