The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath applicant stalk 2012

Hii everyone!
So i've applied to bath uni to study sociology starting this october, will probably put it as my firm choice but not sure whether to put warwick wah dilemma!

just curious to see who else has applied to/heard from bath and if so what are you hoping to study? also what attracted you to bath?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go to Bath.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
reaally? what makes you say that?
Reply 3
Heyaa
Ive applied for sociology to, and also hopefully going to put it as my firm choice :smile: Got an offer for AAB which is going to be a bitch to get but hopefully i can! The thing that attracted me to bath is that its a good university and good enough night life and near bristol where SOOO many of my freinds live/go to uni.
I decided not to apply to warwick over bath because from what ive heard its got a terrible night life.
Im so excited i just want to go know!
Reply 4
ooh nice one! i've only been using this site for like, a day, but it seemed that there were no pages for sociology, seemed like i was the only one haha. ooh sounds good :smile: yeah me too :smile: haha they said they'd offer me ABB at the open day and they didn't - messed my master plan of bath being my firm and insurance at the same time (if that makes any sense!?) yeah that's why i think i will reject my offer from warwick and plus on the warwick tread they all got like 15 A*s at gcse which just isn't like me at all! SAME YAY
Reply 5
I know ive only been using it a week and there seems to be no one! Yea i was expecting an ABB from them but hey ho ill try my best. Im doing a tour of all the unis ive applied to in half term as i know people at most of the uni's im going to so im going to decide for sure then :smile: Where else did you apply?
Reply 6
yeah same! kinda annoying but as long as i don't go down in anything i should be alright :smile: what are you doing for a level? yeah sameeeee even though i'm pretty sure i'm putting batha as my firm it was such a nice uni and the accomodation was so nice
warwick, southampton, exeter and birmingham :smile: you?
applying for pharmacy! they still haven't given me an interview!! loads of applications get received by bath, especially for pharmacy!
Reply 8
ahh nice one! i'm sure you will do soon they're so oversubscribed they're probably just making sure they give everyone equal consideration :smile: when did you apply?
Reply 9
Surrey, Sussex, York and Pourtsmouth. Politics and Media this year and finished sociology last year (Im in my third year) you? :smile:
I havnt even visited yet :L just going by what freinds say and info on here really! You applied for the four year course?
Original post by kate_bei
ahh nice one! i'm sure you will do soon they're so oversubscribed they're probably just making sure they give everyone equal consideration :smile: when did you apply?

yeah, i applied halfway through december, got my four interviews from nottingham, east anglia, reading and herts tho!

what grades are they asking for sociology?
Reply 11
Original post by Jamie201
Surrey, Sussex, York and Pourtsmouth. Politics and Media this year and finished sociology last year (Im in my third year) you? :smile:
I havnt even visited yet :L just going by what freinds say and info on here really! You applied for the four year course?

oh sounds good :smile: i was going to apply to surrey but i didn't like it :frown: haha. ah nice one :smile: so are you 18 going on 19 then? haha it is so nice trust me! i met one of the lecturers for socio and she was such a babe. naa three year but am considering changing! you?
Reply 12
Original post by James A
yeah, i applied halfway through december, got my four interviews from nottingham, east anglia, reading and herts tho!

what grades are they asking for sociology?

ah, they should get back to you soon! ah well done for the other ones :smile: which one will you put as firm if you get offers from them all?
AAB :smile: how about for you?
ah, they should get back to you soon! ah well done for the other ones :smile: which one will you put as firm if you get offers from them all?
AAB :smile: how about for you?

nice!

it depends really, for my firm its out of bath, nottingham and UEA

for my insurance definetly reading ... so much better than hertfordshire lol

but UEA have a strong reputation for pharmacy since they started running the course and nottingham and bath have caught up so its gonna be a hard one. in terms of the best uni out of those three, bath wins. (it got sunday times university of the year award xD)

:yep: AAB too!!
reaally? what makes you say that?

I go there and its awesome. :awesome:
Reply 15
oh sounds good :smile: i was going to apply to surrey but i didn't like it :frown: haha. ah nice one :smile: so are you 18 going on 19 then? haha it is so nice trust me! i met one of the lecturers for socio and she was such a babe. naa three year but am considering changing! you?

I know the more i hear surrey dosnt sound very nice, guildford is full of conservative old people. definetly not the kind of place i want to spend the next 3/4 years :/
Yea thats one of the main reasons i chose bath over other places, doing a sociology degree dosnt put you in good sted to get a job from uni and i think the year out will help alot in directing my study in a particular feild of work so i can be more appealing to employers.

Im 18 going to be 19 when im there. Seeing all my freinds at uni this year has made me so excited for next year!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by James A
nice!

it depends really, for my firm its out of bath, nottingham and UEA

for my insurance definetly reading ... so much better than hertfordshire lol

but UEA have a strong reputation for pharmacy since they started running the course and nottingham and bath have caught up so its gonna be a hard one. in terms of the best uni out of those three, bath wins. (it got sunday times university of the year award xD)

:yep: AAB too!!

ahh yeah i've heard reading is a really nice uni, pretty close to where i'm from :smile: go for bath!! it's so nice there if you haven't already looked round!! ah nice nice :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Jamie201
I know the more i hear surrey dosnt sound very nice, guildford is full of conservative old people. definetly not the kind of place i want to spend the next 3/4 years :/
Yea thats one of the main reasons i chose bath over other places, doing a sociology degree dosnt put you in good sted to get a job from uni and i think the year out will help alot in directing my study in a particular feild of work so i can be more appealing to employers.

Im 18 going to be 19 when im there. Seeing all my freinds at uni this year has made me so excited for next year!

the lecturer i met for sociology was really boring as well haha. yeaah same :smile: i need to email them and ask about it because not sure how easy it'll be for me to change courses. ah nice one :smile: yeah i've got siblings at uni and i just want to go now! so bored of sixth form and school in general, especially being at an all girls school!
got an offer for maths and they want 2 A's, 90% sure it's going to be my firm, i loved it on the open day and i'm going to see it again on 29th feb.
Reply 19
i have accepted bath as my firm to study pharmacy! :smile: anyone else done the same?

Quick Reply

Latest