The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 3 Thread - Thurs Jan 26th 2012

Scroll to see replies

I am so nervous for this exam :frown: I want a website which tells ALL the formula's and explains them simply
Reply 21
Original post by scaredofexams
I am so nervous for this exam :frown: I want a website which tells ALL the formula's and explains them simply

Go on tutor2u they got it, I ve been on their website a few times its very helpful :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by ngnav
I have a feeling something about moving averages, extrapolation, correlation and something's about quantitative forecasting is gonna come up, i just know it, they haven't put it ever in the exams in the previous years.

I have a feeling this might come up as well !!!
Reply 23
I really haven't done much revision, I need a low B at the minimum..

Do you guys think if I put in the time now, I have a chance of achieving this?

Its just hard combining working with revising atm... *sigh*
Original post by Toki_Premium
I really haven't done much revision, I need a low B at the minimum..

Do you guys think if I put in the time now, I have a chance of achieving this?

Its just hard combining working with revising atm... *sigh*

I have not started yet either :frown: I really want a B :P
Reply 25
Original post by wasuuuuuuuuuuuppp
I had my mock last week of summer's buss3 exam, and there was no operations question, so think that might come up. also, no balance or income sheets so that should definately be on there for ratio analysis calculation.
anyone else got any ideas of what might come up?

also, how does everyone manage their time for the 34 markers? i always run out and then cannot gain full evaluation marks :s-smilie:

I am nervous about this exam as i need an A but i need to nail my BUSS2 re-sit to get my A :frown:
They best timing advice i have been given and have heard is this:-

Reading/Highlighting and Analysing case study = 10 minutes
Question 1 = 10 minutes
Question 2 = 20 minutes
Question 3 = 20 minutes
Question 4 = 45 minutes

I agree with this because it give plenty of time for the 34 marker which is key to the success of the paper. Also i am doing the 34 marker first before the other questions i think. But the 45 minutes is a lot higher cause also if you need longer on the 20 marks questions you can take a couple of minutes off the 45 and add it to the 20 mins and it still gives plenty of time to answer 34 marker :smile:
Reply 26
I'm also sitting this exam and hoping to get a high B/low A. I find revising from the CGP revision guide is really helpful. I literally didn't understand 50% of what I got taught in class (courtesy of a rubbish teacher) but this revision guide has really helped me.

Get a revision guide, READ READ READ, make notes.. DO PAST PAPERS!!!!

I've literally read through the whole guide like 4 times so far, and I don't plan on stopping!
(edited 12 years ago)
i'd really like HRM to come up but it seems the chances of this are more than unlikely lol..
revision is really needed right now..

Soo what does everyone think will come up..
What formulas do we need to remember for this exams guys?!
which ones are given? :redface:
Reply 29
NPV, ARR
Reply 30
Original post by imsosuperman
What formulas do we need to remember for this exams guys?!
which ones are given? :redface:

All of them are given apart from Payback period, Average Rate of Return and Net Present Value. All the ratio's are given.
The rest of my class just got really bad results on their mock. I was in a exam so I didn't get mine, but nervous for this now!
Reply 32
Good luck with the Unit 2 retakes anyone doing it... I can't believe I got an E last time :O
Original post by ngnav
Good luck with the Unit 2 retakes anyone doing it... I can't believe I got an E last time :O

How are you feeling this time for BUSS2? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
How are you feeling this time for BUSS2? :smile:

Did pretty well this time, I'm 100% sure i got a c this time, but there's a possibility if i'm lucky that i can get an A or B :smile:
Original post by ngnav
Did pretty well this time, I'm 100% sure i got a c this time, but there's a possibility if i'm lucky that i can get an A or B :smile:

how did you find it?! arghhhh i'm so annoyed. in summer i hated the paper and this one wasn't much better either. i think im pretty screwed over evaluation :frown:
How is everyone revising for BUSS3? I've done NO revision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
Going over the tracker on Tutor2u, it seems that literally nothing in relation to Analysing Markets and Marketing has come up thus far for this specification - Reasons for, and the value of, market analysis; methods of analysing trends; the use of IT in analysing markets and difficulties in analysing marketing data have not appeared in any format.

Hoping for some nice questions!
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
How is everyone revising for BUSS3? I've done NO revision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Likewise, Maths + Physics > Business I'm afraid.
Hey guys, my first time commenting here...

How do you guys structure your 34 marker essay :smile:

Mine is like

For:
Point-->Evidence-->Explain-->"However..." or "This will depend on..."
For

Against:
Against:

Recommendation
For recommendation I summarise my points and give my recommendation.
"Overall I believe..." "Eventhough...But ...."

What do you guys think?
Any good?
Can I improve this? How?

Quick Reply

Latest