The Student Room Group

AS/A Level Results Day March 8th Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by AmyLH
I did :frown: We should go storm the OCR offices!

do they even have offices? :colondollar:

They have received complaints and apparently there are facebook groups.

Anxious, I did the OCR biology and chemistry exam. No explanation needed. AQA Psychology I'm quite confident about. I really wanted and hope to prove my science teachers wrong.
Original post by AmyLH
I did :frown: We should go storm the OCR offices!

do they even have offices? :colondollar:

Ugh, OCR sucks this year. Inb4 they mess up summer exams T_T
Paha I dunno, but if they make any more ridiculous exams like the OCR Biology one a group of students might just burn the office down :redface:
Reply 62
Haven't even sat my January exam yet (it's on Monday) and I'm already panicking about the result (need to get above 90% to meet my firm offer)!
Original post by Jukeboxing
Getting my results via email on results day, 6am to be precise.

How do you get them early?!
Reply 64
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh

Doesn't he mean for the summer results day?
Original post by 1platinum

I don't know :confused:
Reply 66
Is results day on the 8th march? I read online the 15th?
Reply 67
I don't know :confused:

I am fairly sure the 6AM thing only happens when UCAS updates on the August results day.
Original post by InadequateJusticex

Original post by InadequateJusticex
Oh you sat OCR Biology? I heard that exam was just terrible. I do OCR Chemistry and our exam was atrocious as well, but not as much as Biology :/

Did you do OCR Salters paper or thee other OCR paper?

I am fairly sure the 6AM thing only happens when UCAS updates on the August results day.

Its gets sent to my college email, my college do it for both march and august.
Reply 70

I'll get mine 12am on the dot as long as the college site doesn't crash like it did when timetables went up :tongue:
Reply 71
Original post by CharrrrxD
Is results day on the 8th march? I read online the 15th?

8th March. Here.

http://store.aqa.org.uk/admin/calendar/AQA-KEY-DATES.PDF
do unis find out on march 8th, the result of our January A2 exams ?
Original post by AmyLH
I'll get mine 12am on the dot as long as the college site doesn't crash like it did when timetables went up :tongue:

Lol, time to pester my teachers I think :biggrin:
Reply 74
I have my English Literature and Language exam on Tuesday. STRESSING. OUT.
Original post by winningjojo
Did you do OCR Salters paper or thee other OCR paper?

OCR A. What about you?
Reply 76
Just looking at this thread is getting me all stressed out although exams are over! :L
Reply 77
Original post by Sem193
I thought they were lower? Well, all my exams in Jan had lower grade boundaries compared to those in June. However, if the Jan exam is really easy then they'd be higher and if the June exam was harder then it would be lower. I know the grade boundaries are never going to be as low as they were in the June (Well May) D1 paper because it was horrendous, but if I was a normal paper then I'd expect the Jan exam to have lower grade boundaries.

Idk, I've heard the June ones are lower because of the fact that a lot of people resit around then.
I guess that makes sense though :tongue: I hope the D1 grade boundaries for this exam are low..
Reply 78
Original post by Preetinder
I always do worse than I think I will, by about 2 grades!! Hence why I'm not at Uni yet :colondollar:
Except in AS Psychology..thought I did pooh..got a A. Shame I didn't need it for Uni D:

Aww :frown:
You never know though, you could always surprise yourself like you did with Psychology :smile:!!
ONE MORE EXAM TO GO.
Sat four already - Business Studies retake last week, Business Studies first A2 today & sat two AS Religious Studies papers on Tuesday. Trying to complete the whole A Level in a year, LIKE A BOSSSSSS. (that was until the Biblical Studies paper screwed me over! :frown: & probably just face the AS again, damn.)

Fingers crossed though guys! Good luck to you all!!

Quick Reply

Latest