The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 3 Thread - Thurs Jan 26th 2012

Scroll to see replies

bump
Reply 41
Exam is in 5day I have a feeling a question on marketing would come up
Original post by dan_needs_help
Hey guys, my first time commenting here...

How do you guys structure your 34 marker essay :smile:

Mine is like

For:
Point-->Evidence-->Explain-->"However..." or "This will depend on..."
For

Against:
Against:

Recommendation
For recommendation I summarise my points and give my recommendation.
"Overall I believe..." "Eventhough...But ...."

What do you guys think?
Any good?
Can I improve this? How?

pretty good, i like it! but i wouldn't restate points in your recommendation as it's a waste or time/space. just evaluate overall and give your recommendation :smile:
This exam is totally subjective!

Last year, I took this exam and got a U. I then sent my paper to get remarked and got a D.

I worked my butt off for my re-sit, getting A's and A*'s in my mock tests. What did I get in my exam? A 'D'. Its ridiculous.

Anyway, I ended up getting an A overall so Im just leaving it at that. This exam is the reason I never got my A*. I got A's in the other 3 units.

Good luck guys.
For your evaluation a good technique is to say it 'depends on' something if it fits the last question.
thanks and guys I will recommend you to check the tutor2u business unit 3 topic tracker as it shows you what topics have not been tested and you can work out likely topics they will test you on.
Original post by joeade94
Exam is in 5day I have a feeling a question on marketing would come up

yh they haven't tested marketing that much in the previous years...
How is everyone's revision going? Any tips on how much we are meant to write for each question? My timing is horrendous!! :cry2:
Original post by slacker07906
This exam is totally subjective!

Last year, I took this exam and got a U. I then sent my paper to get remarked and got a D.

I worked my butt off for my re-sit, getting A's and A*'s in my mock tests. What did I get in my exam? A 'D'. Its ridiculous.

Anyway, I ended up getting an A overall so Im just leaving it at that. This exam is the reason I never got my A*. I got A's in the other 3 units.

Good luck guys.

Oh no :frown: So, even though you got a D in BUSS3 you still managed to get a D overall? :smile: I am so scared, I got A's in buss1 and 2, and in my mock but everyone seems to be saying its really hard and even if you think you get it right you don't :frown: so scared now. I am meant to be doing business at uni :frown:
Reply 49
doing the exam for the first time but im so scared and I think workforce planning might be the big 34 marker question
hope its a good paper and finance is the 10marker hate maths calculations.
did anyone go to the tutor2u revision conferences they sent revision guides which are quite good.
Reply 50
I've written some brief notes about BUSS3 exam technique here which you might find useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/maximise-your-marks-in-buss3

Jim
Original post by Jim Riley
I've written some brief notes about BUSS3 exam technique here which you might find useful:

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/comments/maximise-your-marks-in-buss3

Jim

Wow some useful tips Jim, Thanks!
Reply 52
Still haven't started revising, gonna chat **** and hopefully come out with a C :biggrin: and then just resit in June.
Original post by POWW!
Still haven't started revising, gonna chat **** and hopefully come out with a C :biggrin: and then just resit in June.

Lol - I hope to God I somehow get a C or above :tongue:
Guys do you know what formulas we need to remember for this exam??
Original post by dan_needs_help
Guys do you know what formulas we need to remember for this exam??

ARR
NPV
Payback

And your other ones like profit etc.

I think that is all anyway. :smile:
I think I'll do okay, but the fact that everyone seems to do rubbish in this exam scares me :frown: I HATE CPA. I hope we don't get asked to complete one.
Reply 57
This might sound like a dumb question but how are we supposed to set out our answers in the answer book? Say you finish question 1 half way down the page should you start question 2 directly underneath or on a new page?
Reply 58
Original post by darkblue
This might sound like a dumb question but how are we supposed to set out our answers in the answer book? Say you finish question 1 half way down the page should you start question 2 directly underneath or on a new page?

ive always started on a new page to give me space if i have time at the end to evaluate further if possible however i think its just personal precedence as long as you clearly label the question number in the box provided.
Can anyone tell me what questions came up in June 2011? I can't seem to find them online :/

Quick Reply

Latest