The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 (B2) 24 January 2012 exam discussion

Poll

How did you find the exam?

Suprised that there isn't any discussion threads about this exam yet. So... Discuss!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ugh, im taking this paper (': Are you taking Chemistry on Thursday and Physics the following Monday also?
Reply 2
Original post by Zigggyy.
ugh, im taking this paper (': Are you taking Chemistry on Thursday and Physics the following Monday also?

No, they are in May for me :biggrin:

The best of luck! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by matty123

Original post by matty123
No, they are in May for me :biggrin:

The best of luck! :smile:

ahaha, thank you! (:
Good luck to you with biology (':

That's when mine are

Is everyone confident? I am for Biology and Chemistry, definitely not Physics :/
Reply 5
Original post by lucymcgonigle

That's when mine are

Is everyone confident? I am for Biology and Chemistry, definitely not Physics :/

We have the same exams(':
Urrrr, only about biology tbh/:
I can't stand salts and electrolysis ):
And I'm not great at physics...
I hope the exam isn't too hard..
We have the same exams(':
Urrrr, only about biology tbh/:
I can't stand salts and electrolysis ):
And I'm not great at physics...
I hope the exam isn't too hard..

Me too, on all the past papers I keep getting Bs... really want an A as i'm doing it in college...
I hate physics too
I have already done all the 1s and P2 and C2.

P2 and C2 were piss easy in June. Especially, C2 pretty ridiculous. I'm not even like an A* grade pupil in chemistry and I got 100%.

I have B2 on Tuesday. Totally hope that meiosis or mitosis doesn't come up. Averaging 43/45 on practice papers.
Reply 8
good luck everyone!
Reply 9
Good Luck! And how are you revising tonight? :smile:
Reply 10
Past papers for this were crazy, I got 43 in one paper and 30 in the next. The mark schemes annoy me so much, hoping we get a hard paper so that grade boundaries are low and we don't get punished for the exam board's mistakes in setting questions.
Past paper questions. Standard revision technique for the night before!
Reply 12
im doing the final exam style questions in the back of the B2 textbook.

After this, I'll just look at all exam papers
I'm quickly brushing up on stem cells, mitosis and meiosis (complete bitches) and general stuff about DNA, Chromosomes and Genes.

Are you expected to know how mitosis and meiosis take place? Because if they asked all I know is that the DNA duplicates in mitosis and then moves to separate parts of the cell, membrane forms around them and they split. I don't even know if that is in the right order or whatever but yea :/
Reply 14
I just hope mitosos and meiosis dont come..
Mitosis and meiosis are really quite easy once you get them:
Mitosis happens in your normal cells to duplicate the cell. All that happens is it copies itself and then splits creating a daughter cell that is genetically identical to the parent

Meiosis happens only to create sex cells- sperm and egg. All that happens here is it mixes up all of the genetic information and then splits creating 4 cells that are NOT genetically identical to the parent :smile:

I'm doing this exam as well!! Hope its not too hard! Did a past paper and you only had to get 30/45 to get an A*!! Crazy!
Reply 16
Good luck guys, I'm sure we'll all be fine(: xx
Reply 17
That's when mine are

Same here, our chemistry teacher is brilliant and we know everything so I really think I can get an A in that (:
Biology i've used the hatred I have for my teacher as motivation, basically he made me feel humiliated about getting a C in our mock exam- telling me I'm going to get moved down and I'm taking someone's place in top set. Yeah, not fun. But I'm determined to prove him wrong and see that smug arrogant grin wiped off his face.
Physics, we had a student teacher for like 2 months who no one listened to- fun at the time but now none of us know anything about electricity :frown:

So I'm going past paper crazy tonight, already only got 2 more to do in Biology so I'm doing them and then some general Meiosis/ Mitosis revision.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 18
Yeah, I have my biology tomorrow, and a chemistry on Thursday. I'm quite confident for Chemistry, but biology.. oh God. Don't have a clue.

I am in exactly the same situation as you Leelad! Weird xD

Good luck guys!:smile:
Reply 19

Are you taking chemistry unit one on thursday? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending