The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Foundation Science at UEA - Your experience and feedback please

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Matureb
At UEA, you start on a four year course - BSc science with foundation year. After year one, you can switch to another course (inc pharmacy) if you get the correct marks in your exams.

Ah right ok thanks. Also, do you have a choice about which uni you'd want to do pharmacy in? Or do you just stay at UEA?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 141
Sorry, I can`t the answer that one. It would be up to other unis to decide if they would accept you. I don`t know anyone who tried it.
Reply 142
Original post by Emma Ramone
^ also, at a different uni, i applied for both pharmacy and their foundation course, and i got offers for both of them, not just one or the other.

Hey! just wondering what other foundation courses did you look at as i can't seem to find any that allow science students in! thanks :smile:
Reply 143
Does anyone know the cut off date for applying?
Reply 144
I was wondering, I want to go onto nursing after the foundation year do I mention this in my personal statement? As I obviously have to put a reason why I want to do the foundation year.
Got a unconditional for foundation year so after 16 days since I applied.
Hello all, i'm applying this year (again). I applied last year and they wouldn't accept me without a Maths GCSE. So i have gone away and am currently taking GCSE Maths fast track (which is easier than i thought it would be!) and now i'm predicted a B-C.

Just thought i'd come here and chat to others about it! I really hope they will let me in this year *Crosses fingers*
I hope you pass your Maths GCSE missymorrison.
Thank you chicagowonderland :-) I'm doing great right now but when we get onto the complicated stuff it might start to go wrong haha!
Look at the criteria to get a B and C and make sure you know how to do the math equations greatly for those. The more complicated stuff you try your best as as well but don't stress yourself over it.
Reply 150
Why are they taking ages to get back to me? :frown:
OMG I just realised you lucky people get a £4,500 bursary during the foundation year!!!

:eek:
sbeg2520 Think of it this way your still in the running for a place. When did you send your application off?

mrdoocdei Yeah I saw that as well but unless I see that amount of money when I go, I will be skeptical about the whole thing lol.
Reply 153
Original post by chicagowonderland
sbeg2520 Think of it this way your still in the running for a place. When did you send your application off?

Sent my application off on 1st of December. I think they want interviews but they haven't even asked me for 1 yet.. o.O
Original post by sbeg2520
Sent my application off on 1st of December. I think they want interviews but they haven't even asked me for 1 yet.. o.O

Oh right maybe they are just taking their sweet time. Sometimes it seem universities are in no hurry to get back to applicants.
Reply 155
Original post by sbeg2520
Ah right ok thanks. Also, do you have a choice about which uni you'd want to do pharmacy in? Or do you just stay at UEA?

As im over halfway through my foundation year and got an interview with the Pharmacy department on Wednesday I can field that one.

Even if you make the grades (70% without a science a-level, 75% with) then you are not guaranteed a place.

I got 78% first semester and if I don't do well at the interview, or mess up my second semester then that's it.

So it's a good idea to find out what other uni's accept UEA's foundation year and apply for them later this year (when you first start the UEA course). Some of them ask for lower admission percentages then UEA. :smile:

So it's a good idea to find out what other uni's accept UEA's foundation year and apply for them later this year (when you first start the UEA course). Some of them ask for lower admission percentages then UEA. :smile:

Great advice on applying to other universities. Did you apply to other universities?
Reply 157
Original post by chicagowonderland
Great advice on applying to other universities. Did you apply to other universities?

Nope, and I'm regretting it now lol.
Original post by Jakelee
Nope, and I'm regretting it now lol.

I'm sorry mate. Maybe sign up for ucas for clearing in august if the worst happens.
Reply 159
Hi folks,
I have just received the offer letter and will start my course this September!!:smile::smile: I was wondering anyone has also applied for this foundation course?? Also, any idea on the syllabus of the Phy,Chem and Bio?? :confused::confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending