The Student Room Group

French AS paper january 18th AQA 2012

hey im doing thee fren1 paper on jan 18th
was wondering anyone think what the essay might be on.

june 11 - was on cannabis, tele realite and fashion

jan 11 - advantages and disadvantages of vivre seul, what makes young people stressed and adv and disad of cinema and different ways to watch

june 10 - why marriage is less popular, importance of music, why young people smoke

jan 10 - value of cinema, importance of holidays, adv and dis of mobile phones

june 09 - why do young people drink too much, an article on adv and disad of internet, qualities of a good friend

jan 09 - your opinion on publicite, why young people find the lives of celebs interesting,adv and dis of sport and ways to keep healthy

i can see every year one question is an adv and disadvantage one ..maybe not ju 10 . what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm retaking this paper as need to get an A! I'm really hoping it's advertising, as that hasn't come up for a while. Could be music, internet, sport, friendships (although I'm praying it won't be). Good luck! x
Reply 2
i'm doing this paper - need an A in it...

i'm hoping the essay will be on tv or internet...the advantages and disadvantages :biggrin:
Reply 3
I just took this as reseat as to try and get a A , but i think i muddled it up :/ not good , what did everyone think about it ?
Reply 4
Original post by imamarouna
I just took this as reseat as to try and get a A , but i think i muddled it up :/ not good , what did everyone think about it ?

I thought parts of the listening and reading were tricky, like the fast food article. The writing I was pleased with as I really wanted advertising. What about you?
Reply 5
can anyone remember the order of the exam? like the rough titles of each section 1-8.. i would really appreciate it.
Reply 6
I took this exam today as a retake. I thought the paper was okay and I chose to do the healthy eating essay.
Reply 7
Original post by Camillalala
I thought parts of the listening and reading were tricky, like the fast food article. The writing I was pleased with as I really wanted advertising. What about you?

Completely agree.
To help another user as well

Dad question was first. Thought that was okay.
Then, online shopping thought that was hard. The man didn't say much.
Then it was those magazine articles. Pretty easy.
Then finally Togo. Not toooo bad

Reading. Fast food. Hard, stats were quite ambiguous. Is it bad I didn't tick an A box? :P
Then it was that internet one? Quite hard again?
Then music one - again I thought some of the points overlapped. Fanny said quite a lot !
Then that one about the woman who caught her man cheating. - seemed okay :smile:
Finally cloze texts. Enough said

Anyone have any answers?
Or thoughts on grade boundaries?

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by TheBigJosh
Completely agree.

Reading. Fast food. Hard, stats were quite ambiguous. Is it bad I didn't tick an A box? :P
Then music one - again I thought some of the points overlapped. Fanny said quite a lot !
Then that one about the woman who caught her man cheating. - seemed okay :smile:

Anyone have any answers?

On the first question for the father thing, I put about being about present at the birth, something else, and then the 3rd point I couldn't make out. Something about paternity and 11 days? In hindsight I'm thinking paternity leave...
Reply 9
Completely agree.

Anyone have any answers?

Thanks dudeeee :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Camillalala
On the first question for the father thing, I put about being about present at the birth, something else, and then the 3rd point I couldn't make out. Something about paternity and 11 days? In hindsight I'm thinking paternity leave...

Yeah that's what I got - at the birth, no longer the head disciplinary figure of the household and 11 days paid holiday. Which is what les conges are..
I know I got the one about divorce rate wrong - I said it doesn't stop changing instead of it goes up :frown:
Anddd. Can you remember what you put PACS?
On my first line I said - you can ignore them any longer
2nd line - great sucess, despite catholic church doesn't agree/banned them
Wondering if that's right? Because that 3 points. Can you have 2 points on one line, do you think?
Reply 11
Yeah that's what I got - at the birth, no longer the head disciplinary figure of the household and 11 days paid holiday. Which is what les conges are..
I know I got the one about divorce rate wrong - I said it doesn't stop changing instead of it goes up :frown:
Anddd. Can you remember what you put PACS?
On my first line I said - you can ignore them any longer
2nd line - great sucess, despite catholic church doesn't agree/banned them
Wondering if that's right? Because that 3 points. Can you have 2 points on one line, do you think?

I put great success on one line and then the catholic church is against them on the other. don't think you'll lose marks.
Reply 12
BUMP. Anyone else wanna share answers or managed to get hold of the paper?
Reply 13
Original post by Tukazoar
BUMP. Anyone else wanna share answers or managed to get hold of the paper?

Will happily compare answers, I went through the paper with my teacher so have a rough mark scheme. Also, I have a copy of the paper :smile:
Reply 14
Will happily compare answers, I went through the paper with my teacher so have a rough mark scheme. Also, I have a copy of the paper :smile:

Could you please send me both? :smile:
Reply 15

Could you also send me both please? if its not too much effort :smile:
Reply 16
I would but I don't have it electronically. I have a paper copy :frown:
If you have any questions though I'll tell you the answers.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Some easy answers are the cloze texts; these are the right answers..
Arrive (e acute)
Sportive.
Peut/pourrait
Soit
Craindre
Venus
Premiere (e grave on 2nd e)
Dangereuse
Faisant
Verra

:smile:
Reply 17
I would but I don't have it electronically. I have a paper copy :frown:
If you have any questions though I'll tell you the answers.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Some easy answers are the cloze texts; these are the right answers..
Arrive (e acute)
Sportive.
Peut/pourrait
Soit
Craindre
Venus
Premiere (e grave on 2nd e)
Dangereuse
Faisant
Verra

:smile:

erm, if it's not too much trouble could you just post up all the answers?

thanks for these btw. What was the sentence for the 'peut/pourrait' and 'verra' phrase?

And i'm sure the first one is arrivée as it agrees with 'une activité'? I asked my teacher this aswell and he's a french native
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
In the process of writing answers now.
We got told by our teacher - also French - that it was 1 e - agreed with Paintball :L
Reply 19
In the process of writing answers now.
We got told by our teacher - also French - that it was 1 e - agreed with Paintball :L

Fair enough, but I think I'll stick by my teacher. He said
'le paintball est une activité qui est soumise a des regles..." et non pas soumis!'

How are those answers coming along?

Quick Reply