The Student Room Group

WJEC LG4 - 25th Jan

What was that?!
Reply 1
This is the Adult/Children transcripts for section A and biographies for section B?

Thought it was a breeze. They even instructed you to focus on the child's language and ability to converse in A, and the authors of each text in B were the significance. Each author had reason to present a different angle, shown by... The language used.
Reply 2
It is!
Did you actually do anything about child language in your course? This is the first time our college has seen it so it was pretty shocking.
I thought section B was okay but was a bit messed up after the unexpected first section!
Reply 3
Personally I thought A was the easier of the two.

And no, we did very little work on language typically used by a child, one transcript of a dentist/child situation. It's enough to just think back and use your personal experience though. The points they wanted you to make were obvious, and the differences from text A and text B pretty obvious too, although the difference was created through the interaction with the adults present, which made it hard not to talk about them for too long.
Reply 4
In that case, I may have done alright then! Thank you :smile: our teachers seemed pretty displeased you see. I'm hoping what i did was enough, it should be :smile:
Reply 5
I wouldn't have minded another half an hour.. Or another hour actually. I set it out 5 mins for reading, 15 for annotations and 55 for writing, per section, for a 2 hour 30 min total. 55 mins writing never seems enough somehow.
Is anyone doing the LG4 exam in June?
Reply 7
Original post by lushaholic693
Is anyone doing the LG4 exam in June?

I am. Am I the only one who finds it really difficult to revise?! Are you revising all the theories like child language acquisition and Labov's conversation theory?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending