The Student Room Group

History of Art 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by geegee2993
I've applied to do history or art tooo :smile: i've had 4 replies so far from University of nottingham, university of birmingham, university of leicester and university of glasgow, now just waiting for university of edinburgh....fingers crossed!

Good luck guys :biggrin:

HEy! good luck! :smile: what do you think about edinburgh? is it better than glasgow? which one is "more modern"? i am looking for good courses on modern and contemporary art...
Reply 81
ive heard nothing from ucl, has anyoene else?!
Original post by Trottoir

have not either ; but when did you send your applications ?
Reply 83
i sent mine in october!
Reply 84

i have an interview there a week today! so they are deffo looking through applications
Reply 85
some people have already received offers from warwick i sent mine mid November and haven't heard anything...is that normal?
Reply 86
Original post by geegee2993
I've applied to do history or art tooo :smile: i've had 4 replies so far from University of nottingham, university of birmingham, university of leicester and university of glasgow, now just waiting for university of edinburgh....fingers crossed!

Good luck guys :biggrin:

super well done! eeeeeeeeee why have I not heard back from Glasgow yet :frown:

Original post by hababa
HEy! good luck! :smile: what do you think about edinburgh? is it better than glasgow? which one is "more modern"? i am looking for good courses on modern and contemporary art...

Edinburgh seems quite architecture based I think :]
Reply 87
Have not heard from UCL either...

Anyone going to the Leeds interview 31st Jan? I'm not too sure what to expect from it?

Also going to the Warwick Admissions day 1st Feb
Reply 88
Original post by hababa
Hey!! :-) What do you think about Edinburgh? Do they have a good HoA dept.?

Sorry for late reply! I've read some negative reviews about student support at the department, it was given 1/5 for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide....
I know you shouldn't always go by these as it differs from person to person, but for me it makes it easier to narrow down my options! Student satisfaction is incredibly important to me.
Original post by Eviexx
I've applied to St Peter's college - which colleges have you both applied to?
And TrixieBea I know - It's so scary! Also, which date is your interview on?

Oh St Peter's, that's a pretty little college and central location. That must mean Hanneke will be interviewing you? (Unless you've already had your interview..) She's awesome :smile:

i sent mine in october!

A friend of mine also sent his app last year in october and he only had an ( positive ) answer in late march so... i don't think the longer it takes the more we have to worry but I admit, it is hard !
Original post by lauraroses

Original post by lauraroses
i wish courtauld would hurry up! getting impatient haha :smile: and yes i got an offer of AAB from goldsmiths in november i think :smile:

i know they take ages! im not confident on getting an offer there as its so competitive but it would be amazing even if i just got an interview!
ive got an offer from goldsmiths too but they're asking for just ABB :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 92
goldsmiths asked me for bbc which i was surprised by!
Reply 93
Original post by brownbear88
Oh St Peter's, that's a pretty little college and central location. That must mean Hanneke will be interviewing you? (Unless you've already had your interview..) She's awesome :smile:

Yeah they all did seem really nice when I was there on the interview :smile: Are you currently studying there?
Original post by Eviexx
Yeah they all did seem really nice when I was there on the interview :smile: Are you currently studying there?

Yep, although I'm a Master's student. Pleased to hear you had a good experience.

goldsmiths asked me for bbc which i was surprised by!

really?! lucky you.. ive been predicted AAB so probably why theyve asked ABB but wish i'd have been asked for BBC! are you wanting to go to Goldsmiths definitely?
Reply 96
Original post by georgiamargherita7

Original post by georgiamargherita7
really?! lucky you.. ive been predicted AAB so probably why theyve asked ABB but wish i'd have been asked for BBC! are you wanting to go to Goldsmiths definitely?

nope goldsmiths is my insurance.
Reply 97
ciao guys! Any news from Courtauld? I am getting impatient too!!
Hi,
Is anyone applying to any of these universities: Edinburgh, St Andrews, Glasgow, Aberdeen?
Also, what sort of grades have you guys got?
Have any of you received offers yet?
I have a C at advanced higher, 4 As at higher, a B at AS and a C at higher. I've also worked with the national youth theatre for costume, which should apparently help my application. I'm on a year out so therefore can't get a conditional. Really hoping I get an unconditional somewhere. What do you guys think??
Peace x
I've got an offer from Aberdeen, I think the offer is for BBB. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest