The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Paramedic Interview BOOKED!

Anyone else got an interview for paramedic on 2nd February for 2011 entry? soooo nervous!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have also, I'm pretty scared!!
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by crispy2
I have also, I'm pretty scared!!

What are you doing to prepare for it? I've googled paramedic interview questions and its basically why do you want to become a paramedic, what's your strength and weaknesses, what is the role of a paramedic etc...
Reply 3
Hi, how did your Paramedic interview go at Uni? I have one at Preston in a month!

Any tips?
How did everyones paramedic interviews go?

what questions was asked ?

How hard was the fitness test?!
Reply 5
Original post by starsteph1993
How did everyones paramedic interviews go?

what questions was asked ?

How hard was the fitness test?!

Yes I am interested to know too!

Have you got an interview there this year? I have.. mines on the 7th Feb..
Original post by hhh123
Yes I am interested to know too!

Have you got an interview there this year? I have.. mines on the 7th Feb..

Mines on the 6th of Feb! Im still waiting to hear back from the rest, i sent off my application like 2 months ago so i thought id of heard back by now :confused: and as for the fitness test im crapping it, have you been doing anything in preperation ?
Reply 7
Mines on the 6th of Feb! Im still waiting to hear back from the rest, i sent off my application like 2 months ago so i thought id of heard back by now :confused: and as for the fitness test im crapping it, have you been doing anything in preperation ?

Where else have you applied? I had the option of having an interview at Coventry on the 6th, but that's when my Worcester interview is :-)

Well I am generally quite fit anyway. I am a long distance runner in my spare time so I think at the beginning of Jan I will start going to the gym to strengthen my upper body! What about yourself?
Iv applied at edge hill, liverpool john moores, sheffield hallam, coventry, uclan and swansea. have you applied at any of those ?
Reply 9
Iv applied at edge hill, liverpool john moores, sheffield hallam, coventry, uclan and swansea. have you applied at any of those ?

Just Coventry and Swansea :smile:
Have you heard back off swansea ? i havent heard a thing! also have you already got a full driving licence ? and what sort of work experience do you have ? :-)
Reply 11
Have you heard back off swansea ? i havent heard a thing! also have you already got a full driving licence ? and what sort of work experience do you have ? :-)

I sent my application to Swansea at the beginning of Oct and still haven't heard anything. However I did ring them on Friday to check that they actually received my application and the admissions tutor said that they had and that it had been sent for consideration.

Yeah, I do have a full driving licence. Only just! Passed my test about 3 weeks ago!

I am a member of St John Ambulance. I have volunteered on an elderly care ward for 10 weeks once a week. And I have done a weeks work experience in a Minor Injury Unit. I am also a Waitress working in a busy hands on environment, and have also been the named first aider on site at a busy tourist attraction :-)

Yourself?
I sent my application off at around the same time.

My work experience is with the british army, volunteering once a week on a trauma orthopedics ward for a year, a week on A&E, a day in theatre, and once a week on A&E so far but im hoping to do some more...
oh and iv worked in a busy clothes shop and now have a new job in town too

hopefully thats enough!
Reply 13

Congratulations! How weird mine is on the 6th Feb too! We will probably meet there haha

How are you feeling about it? Ready?
Reply 14
By the way people! Do not worry about the fintness test! You only have to score something around 7 in a beep test and that is where you start kind of a fast jog.

They are very basic and just to prove you can move and lift the bed with a casualty!

Good luck everyone!
Original post by patrick899
Congratulations! How weird mine is on the 6th Feb too! We will probably meet there haha

How are you feeling about it? Ready?

Im feeling slightly nervous about the 30 squats mainly!

And as for the rest of the interview, its my only interview so far so the pressures on :frown:

How about you ?

By the way you might want to join the thread 'Paramedic Practice/Science-2012 Entry' forum
Reply 16
I chose the 6th of feb too! Just worried about the group interviews if I'm honest!
Reply 17
Original post by patrick899
By the way people! Do not worry about the fintness test! You only have to score something around 7 in a beep test and that is where you start kind of a fast jog.

They are very basic and just to prove you can move and lift the bed with a casualty!

Good luck everyone!

Hi Ive got my Cov interview on the 6th, and am really concerned about the bleep test, is it really nothing to worry about? x
Reply 18
Original post by Zmit2260
Hi Ive got my Cov interview on the 6th, and am really concerned about the bleep test, is it really nothing to worry about? x

The bleep test should be relatively easy if you are fit.
Reply 19
to my mate saffy khan hus got an interview at cov uni for paramedics on wednesdy 8th february GOOD LUCK BABE NOT THAT U NEED IT, either way if u get it or if u dnt ur still ma best maten uv tried realli hard n u desrev it...x

Quick Reply

Latest