The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Business Accounting and Finance Flying Start Programme - Interview?

Hi,

I have an open day/interview coming up soon for the Business Accounting and Finance course, run by PricewaterhouseCoopers, at Newcastle University, and I was wondering if there were any past pupils/earlier interviewees who would be able to give me a basic insight into the kind of questions they ask you at the assessment, and the kind of format run at the event?

Anything at all - no matter how small - is appreciated :smile:

Thanks!
Hi.

I've got 22nd Feb mate. From what I've been told, the questions are pretty standard, such as:

- Why you want to do the degree course
- What is accountancy, audit etc
- Who are PwC, what do they do
- Why Newcastle and why PwC
- Your skills and qualities, ability to work in teams etc
- Questions specific to your Personal Statement and Supp Form
- Questions on a current business/finance event

Interview is quite long so things are likely to be covered in detail.

Personally I only have a week of finance work experience so I'm most likely going to get slaughtered...
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Dude I had the same amount of experience, I was grand. But yeah, the questions were quite nice actually to answer, you should be fine. If I can get an offer, anyone can. :P
Original post by S___M___C___C
Hi.

I've got 22nd Feb mate. From what I've been told, the questions are pretty standard, such as:

- Why you want to do the degree course
- What is accountancy, audit etc
- Who are PwC, what do they do
- Why Newcastle and why PwC
- Your skills and qualities, ability to work in teams etc
- Questions specific to your Personal Statement and Supp Form
- Questions on a current business/finance event

Interview is quite long so things are likely to be covered in detail.

Personally I only have a week of finance work experience so I'm most likely going to get slaughtered...

Hey...
I've got mine on the 22nd too :smile: got a fair bit of work experience but still don't know why I'm applying for accounting and finance :/ so I'm a wee bit screwed :smile:
Reply 4
Well, how did you guys manage? :smile: A friend of mine also went in on the 22nd and got an offer! Two from our school that meant :smile:

(I'm hoping you guys will be able to read this anyway after so long, hahaha)
Original post by JackSterne
Well, how did you guys manage? :smile: A friend of mine also went in on the 22nd and got an offer! Two from our school that meant :smile:

(I'm hoping you guys will be able to read this anyway after so long, hahaha)

Got an offer :smile: 90% sure I am going to firm it.

Are you from Northern Ireland by the way? I am... and I'm curious, is your friend called James Hunter or something along those lines?

Will hopefully be seeing some of you guys come September!
Reply 6
Well done! Haha that's class!

No, her name was Johanne McAllister. :smile:

Haha yeah! I firmed mine the second it came through on UCAS! I have been absolutely dying to get on this course - SO pleased to get an offer! Hope to see you in September too! :smile:
Well done! Haha that's class!

No, her name was Johanne McAllister. :smile:

Haha yeah! I firmed mine the second it came through on UCAS! I have been absolutely dying to get on this course - SO pleased to get an offer! Hope to see you in September too! :smile:

Hmm, think I remember a Northern Irish girl...talked about organizing her school formal or something!

Now just to get the grades and pick accommodation. I'm thinking St Mary's college myself :smile:
Reply 8
Yes! We had our school formal soon after she came back :smile: Haha I chose Central Link... It looked nicer than my house/bedroom as it is! :biggrin: Fell in love when I walked in ahaha!
Reply 9
Hi a bit late, are you guys now doing this degree? What is it like? What kind of questions did they ask you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
Yes! We had our school formal soon after she came back :smile: Haha I chose Central Link... It looked nicer than my house/bedroom as it is! :biggrin: Fell in love when I walked in ahaha!

How did you find your assessment centre?
Reply 11
hi, could anyone tell me how much time did it take before the university made a decision about your application. I applied in the last week of november and I am yet to hear back.
Reply 12
Original post by LocoPoco
hi, could anyone tell me how much time did it take before the university made a decision about your application. I applied in the last week of november and I am yet to hear back.

I am the same as you I applied in November and haven't heard anything yet. I also applied to the accounting and finance 3 year course and they replied after 6 days so I was wondering why this course is taking so long, if you find anything out please let me know.
Reply 13
Original post by amar34
I am the same as you I applied in November and haven't heard anything yet. I also applied to the accounting and finance 3 year course and they replied after 6 days so I was wondering why this course is taking so long, if you find anything out please let me know.

they got back to me last tuesday. got an interview call, and have to submit a supplementary form
Reply 14
What was the phone interview like?

Quick Reply

Latest