The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University, Belfast 2012 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by snailsareslimy
You should definitely consider it :smile: It's a lovely city and quite homely, although much smaller than probably what you're used to :tongue:
Don't let NI's history put you off though, every so often something happens but it's the same in every city! 99% of the time everything's fine :smile:
Oh, and usually people are fairly friendly, haha.

That's good to hear, I'm going to visit the city quite soon to see how much I like it since I'm living in London at the moment it would be a big move. Are there many English people in Belfast?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by f.nabs
That's good to hear, I'm going to visit the city quite soon to see how much I like it since I'm living in London at the moment it would be a big move. Are there many English people in Belfast?

Aw London is so amazing, I love it (so jealous you live there!)
And there's a fair few, obviously a decent number of students, although it's definitely not as multicultural as London (obviously, haha). But honestly, you won't even notice the difference as the majority of people in Belfast are genuine and fantastic to be around (really helpful, friendly etc).
Everything in Belfast is also within walking distance, there are decent train links ('Botanic' train stop takes you about 5 minutes from Queens) and buses (just go to the city hall and you'll see loads of them :tongue:. The SU building is pretty nice, been to a good few concerts in there (they usually cost around £14) and you get some decent bands. There are plenty of bars and clubs too :smile: It'll definitely be a big change for you, but everything's convenient so hopefully it'll be a good one :smile:
Reply 22
Any word from QUB?
Reply 23
...for Social Work
Reply 24
None for History and Politics :frown:

But I only sent my application about 20 days ago.
Reply 25
Has anyone had news from any Northern Ireland Universities in connection with Social Work?
Reply 26
Original post by FirstHeGiveth
Currently have an offer for BSc Psychology at ABB. Currently stuck between firming this, or Psychology at Heriot Watt. Both are ABB. :frown:

Ooooo I've got that same offer from Queens for Psychology :biggrin:
It's either Queens or Lancaster for me.. parents would rather me go Lancaster, but i fancy a change, still not replied to either though yet!
Reply 27
BBB for mechanical engineering

I'm from England too, would be pretty cool to move to Belfast.:biggrin:
Original post by razorfin
OP: I am waiting for Queens to offer me a place on the History & Politics, i'm an access student too but in England, we don't do it by %, its; pass/merit/distinction. Do you know how it's comparitively graded, e.g 70% is merit etc?

I'm sorry I have no idea how the two are compared. I think I prefer your system tbh! It's hard to know how reachable 70% is.

Good luck to you :biggrin:
Original post by Ishouldberevising
I've got conditional offers for Criminology at queens, sociology at queens and sociology and criminology at queens aswell!! :-) Still waiting on Jordanstown and Edinburgh though, but Queens is first choice anyway :-D

Yay we can be pals!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 30
I applied for Chemistry, but got no offer yet. I hate this waiting, I feel like they won't accept me. :s-smilie: But if I do get an offer, it will probably be my second choice, but the university looks great, and as I'm from south west of England, it's quite far away, but I wouldn't mind going up there.
I applied for Biological sciences (BBC) and environmental Biology (bbc) so far got 2 conditional, also, Coleraine for Biology, Heriot watt and Dundee for Biological sciences but so far queens are the only ones that have replied to me. Anyone else applied for biology?? I'm so psyched for september but I hope to God I dont mess up my grades til then D:
Original post by HideFromTheGuns
There doesn't appear to be one for 2012 for Queens, so just thought I would make one!

Just wanted a place to discuss all things Queens 2012 whether it be UCAS, Offers, Rejections, Courses, Subjects, whatever really :biggrin:

I'll start of with, I'm at Belfast Met at the minute doing a Queens access in Humanities course.

So far my offers are:

Queens,
Criminology- Conditional (70% on access course)

Queens,
Criminology and Sociology- Conditional (70% access course)

Queens,
Sociology- Conditional (65% access course)
:crossedf:
Still waiting to hear back from UUJ.

Looking forward to hearing from others, Good luck everyone :biggrin:

Hiya! I got an offer from QUB to study English and French, starting in September! I'm so excited, but worried I won't make the grades!
Original post by Neards

Original post by Neards
Has anyone had news from any Northern Ireland Universities in connection with Social Work?

Hey i know a guy who has an interview for UU next week. He got a letter to send off a second personal statement and within a week he got his date for interview.
Reply 34
Hello everyone! :smile:
I've got 3 offers from Queens (English, English and History & History - all ABB), although I still don't know which one to firm :frown:

History! I have an offer for history too. Probs be my insurance
Reply 35
see for social work, when he got a letter for second p statement, was that for queens? i had to do another statement for queens and it was to be in last week. havnt heard anything back yet :/ eepp
Original post by Planar
History! I have an offer for history too. Probs be my insurance

I've really started to go off History this year though :frown: One of our modules is Communism related stuff and it bores me to tears in every single lesson! I really have no interest in Lenin/Stalin/Khrushchev etc :tongue: Although last year I hated English Lit and now I love it (my opinion changes a lot :tongue:) so who knows. Really unsure at the moment though, I'll likely decide just before the deadline :tongue:

Where are you firming? :smile:
Original post by stephaniewindow
Hiya! I got an offer from QUB to study English and French, starting in September! I'm so excited, but worried I won't make the grades!

Hello fellow English joint honours applicant! As one of my choices I've applied for English and History :smile: Might be seeing you in September in the English modules! :tongue: (lets hope we get in!)
Reply 38
I've really started to go off History this year though :frown: One of our modules is Communism related stuff and it bores me to tears in every single lesson! I really have no interest in Lenin/Stalin/Khrushchev etc :tongue: Although last year I hated English Lit and now I love it (my opinion changes a lot :tongue:) so who knows. Really unsure at the moment though, I'll likely decide just before the deadline :tongue:

Where are you firming? :smile:

We did that module last year and it was pretty tedious. It sounds like it'll be so interesting and then... it isn't :s-smilie: I'm firming Exeter, History and Ancient History. Are you from Belfast?
Reply 39
Anyone applied for chemistry? I sent mine off on 11th November and still haven't heard back :s

Quick Reply

Latest