The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
I will have a catch up of the thread later but I just had to post.

I hope everyone is ok :hugs:.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 241
Apparently I'm going on "food watch" if I don't eat. Ffs it isn't my fault I have zero appetite or inclination to eat. On top of that, the chicken mayo sandwich a nurse brought to my room says it has over 2000kcals per pack. Now that doesn't seem very likely to me, but I'm not touching it just in case.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks, I guess you're right, just when I can't do it right away I want to give up, wonder if my concentration will ever come back. Did 3 questions for the nicer module last night, hoping to complete it today so that at least I'm doing some work while avoiding the stuff I can't do.
Got an email from my advisor, he wants me to come and see him next week. Why do I keep thinking he will be mad at me and think I'm making excuses when I have no evidence for that. Going to try to stop torturing myself.

Spoiler

Sorry about your grandad, hope he is better and out of hospital soon. Enjoy your visit. :hugs:
I know, still in bed, well got up to have a shower then came back to bed. Got an insane amount of work to do, but just want to stay here.

Hopefully it will come back eventually.
Of course he won't think you're looking for excuses! Trying not to torture yourself sounds like the perfect plan. :hugs:

Thanks.
Turns out we're not allowed to see him because he has a contagious bug and his immune system is low so we might catch the bug and/or bring something in from the outside.

Just did a past paper in preparation for my exam on Monday and got 45%, not too great. But I don't care and I should. I think I'm subconsciously telling myself that if I do well then that will mean that all what I am thinking and feeling is a lie so I don't want to do well, when I do. Hate my train of thought.

Hopefully you managed to get out of bed, I finally rolled out at about midday.:rolleyes:
I just spent 20 minutes looking for the old thread. Oops. I'm an idiot.

Update: So, I've stopped feeling sorry for myself. I've come to the conclusion, that if I get an offer from UEA for medicine, all the better, I'll take it. If, however, I do not, then either way, my aim is to work as hard as I possibly can to put myself in a really strong position for next year, and my reapplication to study medicine. If I get my predicted grades (A*A*Aa and an A* in my Extended Project), then that will definately put me in a good position for next year. Also, if I get my predicted grades, having discussed it with my personal tutor, and while my GCSEs weren't spectacular, I was severely ill for most of them, so with a supporting letter from my GP, I will probably have a shot at Cambridge. Which I would really like, but we shall see!

As I said, don't get me wrong, if I get an offer from UEA and don't have to take a gap year, then all the better, but there is a silver lining there somewhere.

Also, I've got about 3 months of my summer planned either way now. I've had a little project that I've wanted to do for years, but I've never really had the resources or the technical/mechanical capability to do it. Now I have myself, two friends, possibly my cousin and uncle and anybody else I know that can help in, all of us being quite capable.

Hopefully all of you are old enough to remember Robot Wars? If not, go on youtube, all the episodes are there. Started watching when I was six years old and always wanted to build one. Well, now I can! Robot wars is, sadly, no longer on the air, and there will be severe budget limitations, however, between us, we know where to get the stuff we need on the cheap. Also, there are some tournaments in my region, so I can still dream a bit.

If it works, it'll be great fun. If it doesn't, well, it'll still be great fun. I'd rather it worked because a) It'll be so much fun!, b) It will look good on my UCAS application if I have to reapply next year, c) Hopefully we can enter a tournament and destroy some stuff, and d) It will really help my mechanical and engineering knowledge. While not a major priority, it will most definately be interesting!

Hope that everyone's ok.

Chris :smile:
Original post by Zee Zee

Spoiler

Spoiler

I hope that helped - even if it was just a little bit.

Original post by Nut.
Apparently I'm going on "food watch" if I don't eat. Ffs it isn't my fault I have zero appetite or inclination to eat. On top of that, the chicken mayo sandwich a nurse brought to my room says it has over 2000kcals per pack. Now that doesn't seem very likely to me, but I'm not touching it just in case.

Have you tried telling them that? What exactly is 'Food watch'? I mean, the title says it all, but what exactly do they do?

Alternatively, you could just tell them that you don't like mayo - way less calories then. Jesus, isn't that the RDA of calories for a woman? That is one ****-filled sandwich.

Just tell them that you don't feel hungry and that it's not your fault/that you want something else.

Sorry, that was a real case of typing something to realise that the advice I offered was a bit crap, really, but its the best I've got.

:hugs:
Reply 245
Original post by Chrisofsmeg

Spoiler

Have you tried telling them that? What exactly is 'Food watch'? I mean, the title says it all, but what exactly do they do?

Alternatively, you could just tell them that you don't like mayo - way less calories then. Jesus, isn't that the RDA of calories for a woman? That is one ****-filled sandwich.

Just tell them that you don't feel hungry and that it's not your fault/that you want something else.

Sorry, that was a real case of typing something to realise that the advice I offered was a bit crap, really, but its the best I've got.

:hugs:

Not sure what food watch is tbh. Yeah exactly, I only ever eat over 1500kcals when I have a binge day! Considering that the increased dose of quetiapine in November made me binge almost every day, so I've put on half a stone since then. Only puts my BMI up to 23 but I want it back down to 21 and the NHS will NOT ruin that for me.

I finally got up and had a shower at about 1. Watching the Liv/United game now.

Update: So, I've stopped feeling sorry for myself. I've come to the conclusion, that if I get an offer from UEA for medicine, all the better, I'll take it. If, however, I do not, then either way, my aim is to work as hard as I possibly can to put myself in a really strong position for next year, and my reapplication to study medicine. If I get my predicted grades (A*A*Aa and an A* in my Extended Project), then that will definately put me in a good position for next year. Also, if I get my predicted grades, having discussed it with my personal tutor, and while my GCSEs weren't spectacular, I was severely ill for most of them, so with a supporting letter from my GP, I will probably have a shot at Cambridge. Which I would really like, but we shall see!

As I said, don't get me wrong, if I get an offer from UEA and don't have to take a gap year, then all the better, but there is a silver lining there somewhere.

Also, I've got about 3 months of my summer planned either way now. I've had a little project that I've wanted to do for years, but I've never really had the resources or the technical/mechanical capability to do it. Now I have myself, two friends, possibly my cousin and uncle and anybody else I know that can help in, all of us being quite capable.

Hopefully all of you are old enough to remember Robot Wars? If not, go on youtube, all the episodes are there. Started watching when I was six years old and always wanted to build one. Well, now I can! Robot wars is, sadly, no longer on the air, and there will be severe budget limitations, however, between us, we know where to get the stuff we need on the cheap. Also, there are some tournaments in my region, so I can still dream a bit.

If it works, it'll be great fun. If it doesn't, well, it'll still be great fun. I'd rather it worked because a) It'll be so much fun!, b) It will look good on my UCAS application if I have to reapply next year, c) Hopefully we can enter a tournament and destroy some stuff, and d) It will really help my mechanical and engineering knowledge. While not a major priority, it will most definately be interesting!

Hope that everyone's ok.

I did the same thing with the old thread :tongue:

I think your spot on with the stuff about Unis. You are a smart person, so even if the Unis don't realise this this year, you will be in a much better place next year. No reason why you couldn't go for Cambridge, so definitely do for it!

I have so much love for Robot Wars. Do you remember Techno Games? It was like Robot Wars but instead of fighting they did more boring stuff (like drag races and that...). Anyway, my friend was on it and one 2 gold medals, it was so cool! Building a robot would be awesome! Destroying stuff is always good :colone:
Original post by Zee Zee

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hope that everyone's ok.

Yay, optimism. :yy: Sounds like a good attitude to take.

ROBOT WARS! Words cannot express how much I love robot wars. I demand that you make and post many many videos of your robot destroying things. Have you decided what weapons it's gonna have yet? :teeth:
Reply 248

Spoiler

Original post by kka25

Spoiler

:hugs: What's up?
Feeling strange today, probably as worried a little about letters getting stolen again.

Mostly as on Thursday I was woken at lunchtime by a loud noise from my letterbox(bedroom is right next to front door) and as I went out I heard some people talking to my neighbour.

What worries me is I was waiting for a small amazon packet to arrive, a new bank card and pin and a hard drive(which would of been a red card through door) and these were all sent monday and none have arrived yet everything else has.

Also got a letter today stating they are taking £7 off my week for a benefit overpayment(which I dispute) which I cannot afford to pay but I know from past experience I can lower it to £3 a week.

Finally Paypal still have £80 of mine in my account they refuse to give me which when on benefits is 2 weeks money!

Spoiler

Original post by Rainfaery

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 254
:hugs: What's up?

Spoiler

Original post by Rainfaery

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by kka25

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 256
[QUOTE="superwolf;36107496"]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by bullettheory
I did the same thing with the old thread :tongue:

I think your spot on with the stuff about Unis. You are a smart person, so even if the Unis don't realise this this year, you will be in a much better place next year. No reason why you couldn't go for Cambridge, so definitely do for it!

I have so much love for Robot Wars. Do you remember Techno Games? It was like Robot Wars but instead of fighting they did more boring stuff (like drag races and that...). Anyway, my friend was on it and one 2 gold medals, it was so cool! Building a robot would be awesome! Destroying stuff is always good :colone:

Spoiler

Yay, optimism. :yy: Sounds like a good attitude to take.

ROBOT WARS! Words cannot express how much I love robot wars. I demand that you make and post many many videos of your robot destroying things. Have you decided what weapons it's gonna have yet? :teeth:

I have an inkling that I might get an offer from UEA, but I'm not 100% sure. Not going to start making any plans just yet. Just a waiting game now. But I'm not used to optimism, I'm a cynical pessimist at heart. I have no idea where this has come from, but I'm going to make the most of it.

Odd that I'm optimistic about this, yet my mood is ridiculously low. That being said, I'm really not going to complain. If I was going to be optimistic about anything, I'd rather it was this!

With regard to my robot, no definate plans yet. I think the weapon issue is going to be largely determined by financial constraints, so it depends what I can get hold of.

If I can manage it, an angle grinder would be nice. Pickaxe is definately out, as is flamethrower (so, so sad :frown:). Still plenty of options, no matter what I choose I'll make it wedge-shaped/with a ramp. A flipper is probably out too, but if I can find a low-tech way of doing it, then I'll do it. There's also always the inspiration of bodyhammer - a hammer could work effectively, and is far cheaper than a pickaxe.

Any suggestions, I'm happy to hear them. :smile:
had too much to drink again last night, cause I really aint that smart.

just feel like I need to keep drinking, not sure why, just helps to be drunk.

till I find something else, I guess this will have to do.
Reply 259

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you for your help :hugs:. And your Robot Wars plan sounds fun!
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest