The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hydrolysis
Ooh okay I thought it may have been more expensive than catered! Do you know if it's a long walk to the chemistry department from Broadgate? (What I've applied for)
& I accidentally negged you instead of quoted so I'll give you rep when it will let me *facepalm* sorry!

Chemistry building is behind Coates/Pope building where I have some of my lectures. From Broadgate if you go through the trent building then it's about 15-20 minutes. It'd take you about the same time from FloBo, Willoughby, Cavendish and Ancaster too I think as they're not very far from Broadgate. I can see my friends room in Willoughby from my room in BGP aha. The closest catered halls to Chemistry would be HughStu and Cripps which would be like 10 minutes if that.

Also don't worry about the neg rep, i don't think it's done anything to me :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by QueenVic92
I've just firmed for Pharmacy :biggrin: there's so many of us!

Firming for Pharmacy too:biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Jin3011
Firming for Pharmacy too:biggrin:

I take it your interview went well then? Congrats!
Reply 43
Original post by Capros
I take it your interview went well then? Congrats!

Better than expected tbh:biggrin:.
Do you know when we get info on accommodation?
P.s thanks for the interview advice!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Rose354
Confirmed my unconditional offer yesterday to do Plant Science :smile: Anyone else going to be staying in halls on Sutton bonnington campus?

I will most likely be firming my Biotechnology offer so yeah I may well end up at SB.
:smile:
Reply 45
Original post by CharleyChester
Chemistry building is behind Coates/Pope building where I have some of my lectures. From Broadgate if you go through the trent building then it's about 15-20 minutes. It'd take you about the same time from FloBo, Willoughby, Cavendish and Ancaster too I think as they're not very far from Broadgate. I can see my friends room in Willoughby from my room in BGP aha. The closest catered halls to Chemistry would be HughStu and Cripps which would be like 10 minutes if that.

Also don't worry about the neg rep, i don't think it's done anything to me :smile:

Ooh okay thanks for the information, its really helped :biggrin:
& I think I evened it out aha
Reply 46
Firming for Law :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by MoonUnit2
Firming for Law :smile:

When did you get your offer?
Reply 48
I received my offer on Jan 12
Reply 49
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I agree, it is only relevant to IB, not just IB, but a few other related fields also. I'm hoping to enter finance, possibly IB, so Warwick would give me a guaranteed shot at a job at the end of my degree/masters. Yeah you're right on the Durham point, sorry my fault.

Warwick is considerably only for Maths (by miles) as is LSE, althoug Notts is not too far behind for Economics at all. Nottingham has one of the best economic departments in the country. Warwick isn't great for Law but LSE would give you an egde, one of my best friends did a two week work experience at Pincent Masons where he learnt about their firm and also increased his knowledge of the Magic Circle, the top law firms who recruit selectively, give you an advantage coming from LSE/Oxbridge. Glad to hear you won't be firming Nottingham if your plan is to go into Law.

I'm a little confused. Surely Nottingham would be a fantastic starting point for a career in Law? It is ranked 6th after all, compared to Warwick's 19th (for Law).
Original post by Sean9001
I'm a little confused. Surely Nottingham would be a fantastic starting point for a career in Law? It is ranked 6th after all, compared to Warwick's 19th (for Law).

I never mentioned Warwick being better than Nottingham for Law. It's terrible for Law, arguably its weakest department. Nottingham is a good place to go. But for the magic circle it would still be tough to get there going up against the more elite places.
Reply 51
I never mentioned Warwick being better than Nottingham for Law. It's terrible for Law, arguably its weakest department. Nottingham is a good place to go. But for the magic circle it would still be tough to get there going up against the more elite places.

Really?! :curious:

Considering Nottingham has always had a very strong Law Department, and the Law school has recently been ranked 5th in the Times 2012 League tables (behind Oxbridge, LSE and UCL) - I would disagree it falls short of being "elite".

A fair bit of LinkedIn stalking will also show a solid representation of Nottingham graduates as Trainees in a fair few Magic Circle firms.

Then again, it's one of those subjective things, but from what I've seen, it would definitely not harm your chances of a MC TC having studied at Nottingham.
Reply 52

Thank you for the response, but with respect, I think that you are now being unduely critical of Warwick. I actually agree with your belief that the law faculty is potentially its worst, but to say it's 'terrible' is a gross exaggeration. The guardian does have it at rank 8.

This reminds me, i've heard alot of bad 'stuff' about the Guardian table. What do we think; should it just be ignored? Further, do we think that general ranking should be weighted more, less, or the same as subject specific ranking?
Reply 53
Got my offer almost two weeks ago for Geography BSc and I'll be firming once my last choice make a decision.
Reply 54
Probably going to firm for Law.
Reply 55
I firmed for LLB Law with an offer of AAB :smile:
Most likely firming for Economics and International Economics (L160) - AAA
Reply 57
Firmed unconditionally for Nottingham (Classics) as a mature student.

Really looking forward to September (am jumping ship from another University and course and starting again)
Reply 58
Any other people for Law? Seems as though the Law school have a reputation for being slow with offers
Reply 59
Original post by Black_Jack
Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!

I've applied and got an offer for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, really excited. Am toying with Sussex instead though but pretty sure I'll firm Nottingham, it's just so worrying that I'll make the wrong choice! Essentially I think I might just have to go to the one who will give me the most in bursaries :wink:

Has anyone else got an offer for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience? Also for current students, how far is BGP from the school of Psychology? I'm really lazy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending