The Student Room Group

RBS Six Nations 2012 Official Thread

Current Champions: Wales

So the time has come again for the Scots, French, English, Irish, Welsh and the Italians to meet once more upon the field. Whose year will it be?
Been looking forward to this since the end of the World Cup, especially after England's pretty dismal showing! Will make a nice break from watching the Premier League as well :colone:

Results

Week One
France v Italy/ Saturday 4th February 2012/ 14:30/ Stade de France, Paris/ Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)/ 30 - 12
Scotland v England/ Saturday 4th February 2012/ 17:00/ Murrayfield, Edinburgh/ Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)/ 6 - 13
Ireland v Wales/ Sunday 5th February 2012/ 15:00/ Aviva Stadium, Dublin/ Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)/ 21 - 23

Week Two
Italy v England/ Saturday 11th February 2012/ 16:00/ Stadio Olimpico, Rome/ Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)/ 15 - 19
France v Ireland/ Saturday 11th February 2012/ 20:00/ Stade de France, Paris/ Referee: Dave Pearson (England)/ Replay - Sunday 4th March 2012
Wales v Scotland/ Sunday 12th February 2012/ 15:00/ Millenium Stadium, Cardiff/ Referee: Romain Poite (France)/ 27 - 13

Week Three
Ireland v Italy/ Saturday 25th February 2012/ 13:30/ Aviva Stadium, Dublin/ Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)/ 42 - 10
England v Wales/ Saturday 25th February 2012/ 16:00/ Twickenham Stadium, London/ Referee: Steve Walsh (Australia)/ 12 - 19
Scotland v France/ Sunday 26th February 2012/ 15:00/ Murrayfield Stadium, Edingburgh/ Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)/ 17 - 23

Rescheduled Match
France v Ireland/ Sunday 4th March 2012/ 15:00/ Stade de France, Paris/ Referee: Dave Pearson (England)/ 17 - 17

Week Four
Wales v Italy/ Saturday 10th March 2012/ 14:30/ Millenium Stadium, Cardiff/ Referee: George Clancy (Ireland)/ 24 - 3
Ireland v Scotland/ Saturday 10th March 2012/ 17:00/ Aviva Stadium, Dublin/ Referee: Chris Pollock (New Zealand)/ 32 - 14
France v England/ Sunday 11th March 2012/ 15:00/ Stade de France, Paris/ Referee: Alain Rolland (Ireland)/ 22 - 24

Upcoming Fixtures

Week Five
Italy v Scotland/ Saturday 17th March 2012/ Stadio Olimpico, Rome/ Referee: Alain Rolland (bastard) (Ireland)/ 13 - 6
Wales v France/ Saturday 17th March 2012/ Millenium Stadium, Cardiff/ Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)/ 16 - 9
England v Ireland/ Saturday 17th March 2012/ Twickenham Stadium, London/ Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)/ 30 - 9
No Friday night fixtures this year

All matches will be shown live on BBC One/BBC One HD with the exceptions of France v Ireland (11 February) and Scotland v France (26 February), which will be broadcast on BBC Two and BBC HD.

So guys, predictions for the first round of matches please!

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Come on ireland!
Original post by Planar
Come on ireland!

This is the exact thing I was going to post, aside from it being much bigger, capitalised and green:

COME ON IRELAND!
i hope it's more impressive than last year... i obviously wanted england to win but it just felt like a bit of a rubbish victory for some reaon...
C'mon England!
Reply 5
All bets on Italy to come storming through with a grand slam.
Reply 6
Ireland to clean up.
mm i felt a few we won were either lucky or the other team we were playing weren't playing their best either
Scotland to beat England by OVER 9000!!!!!!!!
Want England to win again :tongue: I feel the new faces of England look a lot more hopeful than last years squad.
Reply 10
1. France
2. Ireland
3. Wales
4. England
5. Scotland
6. Italy
Original post by gozatron
1. France
2. Ireland
3. Wales
4. England
5. Scotland
6. Italy

Lol, rubbish.

1. Wales
2. France
3. England
4. Ireland
5. Scotland
6. Italy

Wales to do the Grand Slam, most likely, but if not, certainly win the entire thing.
COME ON IRELAND!! Gonna be tough to watch a 6N without O'Driscoll :emo:

Can't call it. My opinion changes every day. I'll probably go for:

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland

But it's tough to call - England may be brilliant, or they may utterly suck. Ditto France. Ireland and Wales are rocked by injuries, and could be brilliant on their day. Italy proved last year they can beat the best and Scotland are consistently red herrings for a number of teams.

Can't wait :teeth:
Reply 13
Original post by pinkpenguin
COME ON IRELAND!! Gonna be tough to watch a 6N without O'Driscoll :emo:

Can't call it. My opinion changes every day. I'll probably go for:

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland

But it's tough to call - England may be brilliant, or they may utterly suck. Ditto France. Ireland and Wales are rocked by injuries, and could be brilliant on their day. Italy proved last year they can beat the best and Scotland are consistently red herrings for a number of teams.

Can't wait :teeth:

No! Why won't BOD be there?
Reply 14
Original post by Planar

Original post by Planar
No! Why won't BOD be there?

Injured.
Reply 15
I've got a good feeling about England this year, completely different squad from the RWC and I feel positive about almost all the changes. All hinges on what Stuart Lancaster wants us to do. Hope we win.
BRING ON ENGLAND ON SATURDAY. as long as parks and morrison are kept away from the starting it should be a decent game, oh and scotland to win comfortable against an untested england side in their 1st game and at a hostile murrayfield
or the one with all the scots in it for TH BIG WAN. btw gonna be easy this weekend for scotland,
your also hoping that these players turn out somewhat decent compared to the ones of the last few years.

About the shake up in english rugby, the world cup wasnt a disaster expectations were just high after the last two and the 6 nations. In my opinion they should have stuck with johnston because he was starting to get the results and it was ridiculus the treatment he got after the wc concidering it was his first coaching jobs. Also england should take a leaf out of scotlands book on how to deal with dissapointment which is "aw well we were respectble, there were improvments lest forget about the fast and get on with it" rather that launch an enquiry into it.
SICKENING ARROGANCE :biggrin: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16807093.stm

I do want Scotland to win though.

Predictions for week 1:

France by 5
Scotland by 2
Ireland by 6

Quick Reply