The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE PHYSICS UNIT 2 PHY2H January 2012 Unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
will i get a mark if i sai the same type of polystyrene beads for 1) a)ii???
Reply 41
Original post by WM1996

Original post by WM1996
Will I get any marks for these? D:
1)a)ii - I put size of beads (instead of the suggested 'volume').
1)c)i) - Could you say spray ionised air over the beads as they come out of the pipe? I saw that somewhere in a past paper to neutralise the charge :/
3)a)ii) I put weather conditions, because its hard for the person to see when to break (lets say for example there is a rainstorm) as well as friction is reduced, thus increasing braking distance.

Thanks.

You wouldn't get a mark for the size of beads because that was an independant variable
Reply 42
Original post by WM1996
1)c)i) - Could you say spray ionised air over the beads as they come out of the pipe? I saw that somewhere in a past paper to neutralise the charge :/
3)a)ii) I put weather conditions, because its hard for the person to see when to break (lets say for example there is a rainstorm) as well as friction is reduced, thus increasing braking distance.

Thanks.

a) ii) Doubt you will get the mark as that was the independent variable !
ii) It would be too late to spray them when they are coming out of the pipe- they could spark whilst in it!
3a)ii) Doubt that would be accepted as thinking distance starts from the moment the driver sees the obstacle whether its later or not
Reply 43
Original post by nevarsan
will i get a mark if i sai the same type of polystyrene beads for 1) a)ii???

Yep
Reply 44
I reckon (due to confusion on the wording of the questions - as usual) it will go as follows:
36 - 100 UMS
33 - A*
29 - A
23 - B
19 - C
Reply 45
Original post by WM1996

Thanks.

1 you definitely got wrong, size of beads isnt a control variable
2 you got this one right, thats a valid way to do it
3 im pretty sure the only answer here will be speed unfortunately, because although weather affects both, no areas of weather affect it the same, eg, a rainstorm would affect breaking distance because of wet roads, but affect how you see by blocking vision due to rain
Reply 46
Original post by lucymcgonigle
2biii: would it be correct of you put the same atomic number?

3cii: What was the question, i out 4 too but what was the question?

4a: what was the question?

4b: what was the question?

Appreciated if anyone can remember! :smile:

2biii Maybe but it specifically says stays the same in the nucleus, so possibly not.
3ciii) Acceleration from v-t graph
4a) Find pd when current is 0.8A and resistance is 2.5ohms
b) How much energy id transferred by the lamp in the above circuit when charge was 72 coulombs.
Reply 47
Original post by WM1996
I reckon (due to confusion on the wording of the questions - as usual) it will go as follows:
36 - 100 UMS
33 - A*
29 - A
23 - B
19 - C

Well for a start that is impossible:wink: Did you know that if the difference from A to A* is 4 then the difference from A* to 100UMS will also be 4- test it out on aqa ums converter! So 100UMS would be 37/45:smile:
Original post by metaltron
b) 9.6 kgm/s (2)
ii) 9600N (1)
iii) Increases time catching the ball, decreasing the rate of change of momentum, reducing the force on the fielder’s hand. (2)

Please positive rating :smile: thanks

Why was this 9.6 kgm/s? I also got 4.8 kgm/s because if you do mass x velocity (0.16 kg x 30 m/s) = 4.8 ?
Reply 49
would i get a mark if i wrote the amount of bead instead of volume? i was lost for word
Original post by metaltron
2biii Maybe but it specifically says stays the same in the nucleus, so possibly not.
3ciii) Acceleration from v-t graph
4a) Find pd when current is 0.8A and resistance is 2.5ohms
b) How much energy id transferred by the lamp in the above circuit when charge was 72 coulombs.

i originally put number of protons, but then i got confused on whether it was protons or neutrons, so changed it to atomic number to be safe :/

and thanks!
Reply 51
Original post by Subhaan120
would i get a mark if i wrote the amount of bead instead of volume? i was lost for word

Probably, as long as bead was in the singular then that's fine. Otherwise you could be suggesting the number of beads was the same
Reply 52
I got 144j for the energy transformed? I did 2v * 72C?
Reply 53
was the size of the pipe a controlled variable?
Reply 54
Original post by USB
Oh no it doesn't...

I have a feeling this mark scheme isn't very accurate...

it does. look in you revision guide
Roughly, I think i've got between 30-36, not sure exactly

i know boundaries vary, but what grade?
Reply 56
Original post by PoorLoser

Original post by PoorLoser
what if i wrote amount of beads for the 1aii?

for 6 i got 4.8kgm/s and after that i got 4800N :/

same
Reply 57
I think 144j is wrong - it was 72C x 1.5v
Reply 58
WTH...i got 4.8 :s-smilie: would i getr the mark :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 59

WTH...i got 4.8 :s-smilie: would i getr the mark :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

I got that too :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending