The Student Room Group

Social Work 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi,

I have applied to 5 London Uni's (Southbank, Middlesex, London Met, Goldsmiths & Bunel) and recieved the usual "Thank you for your application, get back to you soon, blah blah,blah..."

But wondering if anyone had interview dates for these uni's as I haven't gotten anything else back yet?
Reply 61
I have offers from Chichester and Gloucester so far, has anyone else heard anything?
Reply 62
I've got offers at Hull and Huddersfield! Anyone else?
Reply 63
Hi, Anyone had an interview at Keele or Staffordshire Uni? How did it go?
Reply 64
Hi,

I've applied for Bath, Gloucestershire and UWE but I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

Can I ask when people submit their applications? I'm starting to get worried that people are being offered interviews but I haven't. I wish they would like say if my application was unsuccessful...
Reply 65
had an interview at keele on friday, first was a written test, more to see how your writing skills were rather than knowledge then a interview, gutted that i didn't get offered a place as i really liked it, they said i didn't have enough understanding of social work so my advice would be to really get your answers sorted as to why you want to be a social worker, they said if i got more experience they would be more than happy for me to apply next year, they also tell you on the day if you've passed so no horrible waiting
Reply 66
Original post by 01tdavies
Hi,

I've applied for Bath, Gloucestershire and UWE but I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

Can I ask when people submit their applications? I'm starting to get worried that people are being offered interviews but I haven't. I wish they would like say if my application was unsuccessful...

hey unis received my app on the 12/13th dec and bath have offered me an interview for 1st feb and 3 other unis have replied
hi everyone i had an interview at coventry on saturday. i had to do a written test which was accessing grammer, punctuation ect. also had an interview because i passed the exam and they asked me what would you change about social policy.. this was sum thing i wasnt prepared for. so now im using this as a learning curf. they will ask u preety much anything. good luck guys..x
Reply 68
Original post by SabzReal
hey unis received my app on the 12/13th dec and bath have offered me an interview for 1st feb and 3 other unis have replied

Thank you.
Good luck for your interview next week. I'm hoping there will be another batch shortly after.. I submit my application a week after you so maybe I will hear in the next week or so. It's driving me insane not knowing!!:cry2:
Reply 69
Hi Lorrabelle Thanks for the reply

You have confirmed what I thought would be asked at Keele so thanks...
Were they picky on work experience then? As on the open day they told me it wasn't a big issue? How much have you done if you don't mind me asking

Thanks
Reply 70
Anyone got an interview at Leeds on the 13th feb?
Reply 71
hi kaaattte, the work experience was fine but more that i probably didn't say what they expected in the interview, i'm really gonna look up more things to talk about so i know what to say, i prob come across a bit quiet too, my work exp is working in a youth club with ages 11 to 14 as a youth supervisor, i have been there since august. i still have to hear back from york, which i haven't visited and UEA which i really like. good luck, this is defo harder than i thought!!
Reply 72
Hi,

I have got interviews for Leeds and Salford, spent the afternoon reading through Social Work forums and am now very scared and nervous for the impending interviews. Any tips or advice would be greatly received.

Reply 73
Original post by Lornacr
Hi,

I have got interviews for Leeds and Salford, spent the afternoon reading through Social Work forums and am now very scared and nervous for the impending interviews. Any tips or advice would be greatly received.

When is your Leeds interview because i have one there too?
Reply 74
I've got an offer from leeds met :smile:
Reply 75
Hi i have a interview at Leeds Met on the 8th, Anyone else have thiers on this day?

For those who have had a interview there, what was it like? what sorts of questions did they ask you? what else did you have to do? Any tips? Did you get an offer?

Im so nervous and scared
Reply 76
Original post by Sammi3
Hi i have a interview at Leeds Met on the 8th, Anyone else have thiers on this day?

For those who have had a interview there, what was it like? what sorts of questions did they ask you? what else did you have to do? Any tips? Did you get an offer?

Im so nervous and scared

Hey, iv got a conditional offer from leeds met i has my interview on the 18th jan. I'll be honest with you i didnt like the university or the interview because it was very intense to say its only a 20min interview. I've got 3 offers so far, im waiting to hear from york as it was only last week i had my interview and iv got an interview at leeds uni on the 13th feb.

They focused a lot on government and politics regards social work, also why i wanted to become a social worker. They didnt use any senario questions. They asked about skills, knowledge and qualities.

There was a social work tutor and an employer in the health sector interviewing me. I was suprised to get an offer, but some others did say there interviews were lovely. The people are lovely though, just the interview was a little tough, as long as your prepared you'll be fine. :smile:
Original post by Sammi3

Im so nervous and scared

Hey I'm there too on the 8th. I was wondering if any has already interviewed at Leeds Met and if they could offer any advice as to the topics discussed?
Reply 78
My Bath interview is tomorrow and not going to lie I'm pretty nervous. Will give feedback from the interview either tomorrow or Thursday.
Reply 79
Accepted my offers last night, good luck to everyone!!! =D

Quick Reply

Latest