Reply 60
feel like I've literally forgotten it all
ah ****
I just hope the questions are favourable :frown:
Original post by Moiraclaire
ahh please explain lol !!!!

WPIDEC = WEAK POUND, IMPORTS DEARER, EXPORTS CHEAPER
SPICED = STRONG POUND, IMPORTS CHEAPER, EXPORTS DEARER
ICES/ICIS = DEMAND/SUPPLY DETERMINANTS FOR A CURRENCY = iNTEREST RATES, CENTRAL BANKS, EXPORTS/IMPORTS, SPECULATORS

YOU'RE WELCOME :smile:
Reply 63
Well guys ! ?
Less of a time constraint than the AS exams, I actually managed to finish all my answers in good time.

It went OK thanks to the choice of questions :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by roy2
Well guys ! ?

So yeah, that didn't go well for me:frown:, did the first context and essay question. Especially with the essay question I just ran out of things to say and ended up waffling for most of it. So defo a June resit for me:frown:

Hope it went well for all of you at least:smile:
Reply 66
What was the calculation answer ?
i got lik -1.2 bill dollar deficit but i'm not sure about it..i got like -20.2 bill deficit for it at one point but crossed it out..

alright exam, not an easy paper, not a hard paper
I did (Exports - Imports) + Invisibles so it was like a $1.2bn deficit or something I forgot

Edit:

That being said, you can tell I answered the first one :smile:

I also answered the 3rd out of the 3 essay questions :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Anyone do the fiscal policy question and the exports question....(first of the three)??
Sounds like the first part about India was popular ! I did that and the last essay. It was a pretty fair paper I think. How did everyone else do ?
Original post by vinchenzo25
Sounds like the first part about India was popular ! I did that and the last essay. It was a pretty fair paper I think. How did everyone else do ?

We did the same xD

What were your evaluative points for the 25 marker on the last question out of the 3? :biggrin:
got my wish for balance of payments. brap brap.
Original post by vinchenzo25
I'd say my main evaluate point was that the impact on unemployment highly depended on what had caused the exchagnge rate to fall. So for instance a fall in the exchange rate due to a fall in the interest rate would result in investemnt etc.
Also that the UK has a freely floating rate so demand and supply will correct themselves in the future so it is possible that a reduction in unemploynent may not be sustained.
Hope this is helpful and makes sense ! What about you ?

I quoted the fact that India is only 1% of Exports from the source and said the effect won't be significant but if India invests and grows it can become significant.

I also said that it won't be a sustained reduction due to the trade cycle and so in the long run it will inevitably go back to high unemployment

I said a few others things but forgot xD
Reply 74
Original post by Wrathmeister
got my wish for balance of payments. brap brap.

The 15 and 25 mark??
errrrrrrrrrrrr utter crap for part B - I did the unemployment & exchange rate one. Didn't realise how horrible its part a was until i started. 4 points ? they wanted.

Think I got 66/80 over all - HOPEFULLY. As long as it's 87+UMS and 66 is usually 90, I should be fine to get 93+ in Econ 3

ahhh all these hope....
Reply 76
Didn't anyone do the supply side question ?
Reply 77
Aiming for a B, hoping for an A.

Chose Globalisation & question 3.

For globilisation, I got 1.2, I dont think I put $bn or whatever it was though... Will that cost me marks? and if so how many?

Rest of globilisation was relatively straightforward.

For the other half, I found the first of each were very easy, but number 3's essay question was the best, though still not great, sorta waffled through it, some of your guys evaluation points were far better than mine, I sorta waffled through it.

What is the avg amount of paragraphs/points + evaluation for the main body of the essay questions? I did 2 (page long paragraphs) for Globilisation and 3 (1 was bull crap, said Hysteris theory would mean an increase in employment would result in further employment which I think is wrong...)

Had to retake both AS Macro & Micro just a week and 2 weeks ago respectively so Macro AS foundations were rock steady in my mind, got a high C in both the first time.

We study Micro and Macro simultaneously, so we've only had half of the September - January bracket, normally we would take the exam in June, but our teacher decided to have an early crack at it, and get a banker in, so June isnt as important.
(edited 12 years ago)
For an A* overall, do we need 90+ ums in both exams or just a total of 180 ?
Original post by Jorgeyy
I did (Exports - Imports) + Invisibles so it was like a $1.2bn deficit or something I forgot

Edit:

That being said, you can tell I answered the first one :smile:

I also answered the 3rd out of the 3 essay questions :smile:

That's exactly the same as what I did! :smile:
How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest