The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We've lost Golbourne to Barnsley and bought in a Bradford reject in replacement, which could be interesting. We've also extended Jake Taylor's loan, who'd be a useful player if Tisdale'd play him in the right position as an attacking mid or second striker rather than an out and out goalscorer.
Reply 6741
Going to Saints Cardiff tonight.. I just don't know who to support!
Original post by cloop
Going to Saints Cardiff tonight.. I just don't know who to support!

Cardiff 8)
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Nikola Ziiiiiiiigic. Unbelievable!

Is there a better team to be supporting at the moment than Birmingham City? 10 games unbeaten. 6 wins on the bounce. 18 goals in the last 5 games.
Chris Hughton is a hero.
Bates out
West Ham have gone bat-**** mental today in the transfer market.

Nicky Maynard, Vaz Tae - do they not have enough forwards already?
The referee ruined tonights game between MK Dons and Sheffield Wednesday, he was giving some really strange decisions. Bad enough that both goals were own goals.
Reply 6747
We got a point away from home! Unthinkable.

Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Scott Rendell to the Yellows. Not sure really what to make of the loan signing. Rumours that we're about to sign Mark Wilson who's been released by Donny. Anyone know much about him?

Edit: Now signed him, anyone know anything about him?

Unspectacular, steady player. Nothing fancy but a good professional. I've never rated him but I think Walsall thought he was alright when he was on loan there a few months back.
Original post by Rock Fan
The referee ruined tonights game between MK Dons and Sheffield Wednesday, he was giving some really strange decisions. Bad enough that both goals were own goals.

Not there's a surprise. Our fans on Saturday will be going all the way to Colchester to see Mr Kettle put in a "performance". Oh dear! :rolleyes:

Was a good result for us last night though. :wink:
Simon Grayson has been sacked. :lolwut:
Kettle is a dire referee, the team that really benefitted last night though were Sheffield United. Very shocked that they sacked Simon Grayson, it seems Ken Bates wants to ruin Leeds all over again. Talking of ruined Portsmouth have failed to pay their players.
Birmingham claim their 3rd manager scalp of the season, Mclaren, Brugge manager and now Grayson all sacked the day after we do them over.
Kettle is a dire referee, the team that really benefitted last night though were Sheffield United. Very shocked that they sacked Simon Grayson, it seems Ken Bates wants to ruin Leeds all over again. Talking of ruined Portsmouth have failed to pay their players.

Yes, indeed.

Warnock favourite which is quite funny. He would probably get them to the play offs to be fair but then do **** all after.
I see the Nuge,
The Nuge sees me.
We signed him from bankrupt pompey...

Looking like the Barnsley game was the watershed.
What a ****ing disgrace.

The ref comes into the changing room at half time, interrupts Nige's team talk, then sends him to the stands for protesting it.
Reply 6755
Positive news!

All round good guy El-Hadji Diouf signs a contract extention until the end of the season, and another year if we stay up.

He has also swapped shirt number for some reason and takes William's old number 10.

Habib Beye is also thought to be signing a similar deal following his release from Villa.
Original post by DJB_1990
Positive news!

All round good guy El-Hadji Diouf signs a contract extention until the end of the season, and another year if we stay up.

He has also swapped shirt number for some reason and takes William's old number 10.

Habib Beye is also thought to be signing a similar deal following his release from Villa.

Hahaha! Fair enough though, good for Doncaster i guess.

Also, about Wilson, is he pretty slow? Cause i was kind of hoping for a speedier midfielder as it's quite slow at the moment.
Reply 6757
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Hahaha! Fair enough though, good for Doncaster i guess.

Also, about Wilson, is he pretty slow? Cause i was kind of hoping for a speedier midfielder as it's quite slow at the moment.

He is quite slow, his main qualities are his intelligence and experience in breaking up play. A good character to have around training/the dressing room apparently.
Has Habib Beye joined Doncaster for good now that Aston Villa have terminated his contracted.
Reply 6759
Has Habib Beye joined Doncaster for good now that Aston Villa have terminated his contracted.

Apparently he has been offered a similar length deal to Diouf at DRFC. Expected to sign at some point in the near future.

Latest