The Student Room Group

BBC3 - Junior Doctors: Your Life In Their Hands

Scroll to see replies

Must admit that it got a bit tedious focusing on cannulas/bloods for what seemed like the whole episode. I think voiceover guy, or whoever writes his script, needs a slap more than any of the junior docs.
Reply 2001
"If I couldn't help people by being a doctor, then I'd help people by fighting organised crime"

I lol'd. Delivery was spot-on as well :biggrin:
Reply 2002
Original post by Helenia
Must admit that it got a bit tedious focusing on cannulas/bloods for what seemed like the whole episode. I think voiceover guy, or whoever writes his script, needs a slap more than any of the junior docs.

'Every day, they must face life and death situations'

'It's a tough job, and has unique challenges'

...... I think they've run out of different ways of saying those lines.
Original post by cz100

Might use that for 'Why medicine?' at interviews :teehee:, if I get any that is :redface:
Reply 2004
Original post by cz100

They must have said 'junior doctors must learn to deal with patients dying' about 5 times. Seems a bit excessive especially as the one they were focussing on didn't even seem that bothered by it :tongue:
'I would describe myself as fun, fair... but not a fun fair'

hahahaha what in the world ?!

I like them all :biggrin:

ooo and Akki :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Sameer just came off as bizarre in that episode. Often a case of 'not sure if joking?!'

I swear it wasn't always this cheesy though - the voiceover is doing my head in, that guy seriously needs to cut the drama.
Reply 2007
that guy who wanted to study aliens' anatomy is very intelligent. His laidbackness could drive you mad, but he's clearly very clever.
Reply 2008
Original post by kingme
"If I couldn't help people by being a doctor, then I'd help people by fighting organised crime"

I lol'd. Delivery was spot-on as well :biggrin:

I thought this. he thought of that on the spot too.

and remember 'I'm fun, I'm fair, but I'm not funfair'? That's just such a weird thing to say, but he clearly doesn't care and that's what's interesting about him.
Reply 2009
Original post by Boom533
Anyone else think this season is shaping up much better that the last?

no...

it's not bad, I don't prefer it though lol... it's the same cannula problem again and some CPR at AandE. It's alright, but not brilliant. Some of the doctors are fun though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mushi_master

Sameer just came off as bizarre in that episode. Often a case of 'not sure if joking?!'

I swear it wasn't always this cheesy though - the voiceover is doing my head in, that guy seriously needs to cut the drama.

Oh goodness, can you remember him last year? When they were constantly running for cardiac arrest calls and he'd give this really dramatic coverage of it? :facepalm:

I agree with the cheesiness - hopefully it'll tone down a bit :rolleyes:
I loved the over exaggerated music; when someone had a CARDIAC ARREST!(running like crazy through the hospital, mad camera man :smile:) :rofl:

I think I'm the only one who finds this hilarious

that guy seriously needs to cut the drama.

X has to take some bloods....... using a needle.

Dun dun duhhhh!!!!!!!
Original post by Lily Academia
Oh goodness, can you remember him last year? When they were constantly running for cardiac arrest calls and he'd give this really dramatic coverage of it? :facepalm:

I agree with the cheesiness - hopefully it'll tone down a bit :rolleyes:

It's the anticlimax of all the drama that makes it so much worse too - tense music, dramatic voiceover, then the guy gets there and has to time two minute intervals.

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
X has to take some bloods....... using a needle.

Dun dun duhhhh!!!!!!!

Hopefully someone will shut him up by next weeks episode.
Reply 2014
I can't believe that guy was going to send that patient to CT with his head pouring blood.. :zomg:

:facepalm:
Reply 2015
Original post by Pride
I thought this. he thought of that on the spot too.

and remember 'I'm fun, I'm fair, but I'm not funfair'? That's just such a weird thing to say, but he clearly doesn't care and that's what's interesting about him.

So that's what he was saying. He obviously needs to refine some of his material.
Reply 2016
He's obvs trolling the BBC.
The episode was good and funny in parts but way too dramatic. Dramatic music for everything: cannulas, tests, even cremation forms :biggrin:
Just been watching "confessions of a nurse" and I have to say, I feel SO sorry for those nurses there. They get so much **** from some of the patients
Reply 2019
Original post by Bright.Inspiration.

Original post by Bright.Inspiration.
'I would describe myself as fun, fair... but not a fun fair'

hahahaha what in the world ?!

I like them all :biggrin:

ooo and Akki :love:

yess, akki is a babe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending