The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
well I have held back all this time in not chasing the casting team up on my recall audtition results (25th Nov at 17.30)....but I am at the point of cracking & just had to do it.

Sent a polite, "sorry I know you are probably buzy, but maybe I have missed it blah blah type of thing....but!!!!!.... where is my results email....pretty please :wink: "

I got this automated email:
Thank you for your enquiry we will be in touch shortly.

Don’t forget London 2012 Ceremonies are still looking for enthusiastic and engaged volunteers to audition for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Paralympic Games Please forward to friends to be part of this amazing experience - registrations open on www.london2012.com/ceremoniescasting

So for those I saw on this forum earlier asking is it too late, you may have a chance still with the Paralympic ceremonies.

I'll update you all when I get a response
Cornishscot, perhaps your difficult journey didn't help your goal as a casting volunteer. I'm guessing it would make you a little flustered (unsurprisingly) and given the amount of work and potential issues they are facing, I suspect one of their major requirements was staying calm under pressure and not flapping. While you could give examples of it in the past, most interviewers are going to be swayed partially by the evidence in front of them.
Original post by Flakeydom
Cornishscot, perhaps your difficult journey didn't help your goal as a casting volunteer. I'm guessing it would make you a little flustered (unsurprisingly) and given the amount of work and potential issues they are facing, I suspect one of their major requirements was staying calm under pressure and not flapping. While you could give examples of it in the past, most interviewers are going to be swayed partially by the evidence in front of them.

possibly punctuality too, even though it was unavoidable and not cornishscots fault :frown:
Original post by Mum of Students
WOW!! I've been out all day and away from my computer. Just read all the posts and i just want to say what an amazing bunch you ALL are. You brought Tyler back from the depths of despair, gave her all the support (and 'phone nos) to do something - she did and she's back in! FANTASTIC!

I'm still in the land of "not heards" ............. thinking about 'phoning but it sounds completely chaotic and I really don't want to upset them ............. how much longer????

BigNic - I'm with you - well over 30 - definitely above average weight - 5' 4" but absolutely gorgeous!!! Bet they're planning a special segment just for us - we'll look great in Union Jack leotards doing synchronised star jumps in front of the Queen!

........ sorry Tyler about the gender change! :shock::shock:
Original post by Caroline27
I am in section 49 and five foot three and a half inches (having to audition in flat trainers didn't help) and quite a bit over 40 (though on a good day can pass for 30). Obviously the 5'10" blond twenty one year old auditioning next to me with catwalk model looks must have been gutted when she got a 'no'.

Wow does this forum move fast if you're not online 24/7! :tongue:
This is too funny about the height thing. I'm 5'1 1/2 myself, though not yet near 30! So that was the criteria, after all... I'm going to love it when we all meet up. Petites in Pink, anonymous! :biggrin:
Original post by Fizzymartini
Wow does this forum move fast if you're not online 24/7! :tongue:
This is too funny about the height thing. I'm 5'1 1/2 myself, though not yet near 30! So that was the criteria, after all... I'm going to love it when we all meet up. Petites in Pink, anonymous! :biggrin:

The PIPAs!

How lovely that everyone helped out tyler. I so want Essex Girl and everyone else waiting to hear to get roles in Opening so we can all meet them!!!! Still thinking of you all lots! Can't wait to see how many posts there will be when you hear good news!!!
Reply 2046
Original post by *Showgirl*
I am in section 49D. I am about 5ft 2. I think they probably did look for people around the same height for each of the roles, sections. groups etc.

As long as I'm not thrown around like the young ones on diversity I don't mind!!! Lol I'm 5ft 2 aswell :biggrin:
Reply 2047
I'm so glad there was a happy ending TG. As it was unfair! X

Good luck to those still waiting!!

I wonder how the reserves work as on my rehearsals it says if you miss 2 you could be as a reserve so will that mean all the reserves will have to do the rehearsals as well??? Xx
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2048
Wow! Just read all the posts from today and I was quite moved by it all! My heart actually dropped when I read TG's post about missing her application then I got really excited when she was reinstated again!

Also you can add another to the 5'2 club. I was worried that the reason I had been put on reserve had something to do with my height. But I thought they were looking for interesting looking people! I'm about as interesting looking as they come!
Reply 2049
Original post by adsandsmith
That sounds amazing!! Congrats! When did you find out?

Thank you! I got the offer email on the 17th of Jan :smile:
Have you got any offers for anything?
Reply 2050
Original post by 42RAFIKI
I applied for Gamesmaker, Ceremony Performer and Torch Bearer twice (public process, work nomination) and haven't got anywhere yet. Can you still apply to be a Ceremony Volunteer or is that closed?

I applied to be a ceremonies volunteer, but was told the day after I sent in my application (about a week ago) that all the posts had been filled. Like you I also applied to be a gamesmaker and have heard little. At the end of 2010 I was asked to give more details for a potential role as a first responder and thought I had a good chance of an interview as I have nearly 25 years experience as a first aider, am defibrillator trained and co-ordinator of a community first responder group. But since then - nothing !
Original post by Pizazz
Wow! Just read all the posts from today and I was quite moved by it all! My heart actually dropped when I read TG's post about missing her application then I got really excited when she was reinstated again!

Also you can add another to the 5'2 club. I was worried that the reason I had been put on reserve had something to do with my height. But I thought they were looking for interesting looking people! I'm about as interesting looking as they come!

Thanks everybody. Tylergardener is a "him" called John. I seemed to have changed sex along the way ! :smile:
Original post by adelie27
I applied to be a ceremonies volunteer, but was told the day after I sent in my application (about a week ago) that all the posts had been filled.

I sent mine in just after commonliner posted it - about 3 weeks ago. I got a mail a few days later to say they'd be in touch with next steps within the next 2 weeks but I've heard nothing more (and the two weeks is up tomorrow). I'm hoping that reflects well on the 'hold' status with the Performer role but who knows
Reply 2053
Original post by Zassy003
well I have held back all this time in not chasing the casting team up on my recall audtition results (25th Nov at 17.30)....but I am at the point of cracking & just had to do it.

@Zassy003
Hiya, I was in the same recall audition as you ("Butterfly", right?) and I also still haven't heard. So frustrating.

Here's my little conspiracy theory: I fear that we were being cast for a non-performing role and that they wait with our decision until they have decided on all the performers. Maybe they consider those who get a "no" for performing for our roles as well???

Anyone else here from the recall on the 25th of Nov?
Reply 2054
Original post by tylergardener

Original post by tylergardener
Thanks everybody. Tylergardener is a "him" called John. I seemed to have changed sex along the way ! :smile:

hehehee easily done! anything and everything happens on here!
Reply 2055
Original post by LauraN1

yes, me! and still waiting to hear....was told last week I am currently on hold!!!
Out of the 9 people on here who were at 25 Nov audition, we've only got 1 reserve result and nothing else. There's definitely a good chance that they have something in particular in mind for you all.
Reply 2057

Out of the 9 people on here who were at 25 Nov audition, we've only got 1 reserve result and nothing else. There's definitely a good chance that they have something in particular in mind for you all.

bring it on I would do anything!!! that is why my family are a bit worried!....I turn 50 in september and want to mark it by doing something special!!!
Reply 2058
@flakey
I've only found this discussion now and I'm reading the thread backwards, so in the meantime I've read the other posts about us poor souls from Nov 25th.

Maybe we're part of an experiment about how long you can test someone's patience?
Reply 2059
Bignic12,
How did you hear that you're on 'hold'?
(Sorry if you have to repeat, but this is a massively long thread to read)

Latest