The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Is Leicester rough?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucieBlue
I would also perhaps avoid walking through the park (the one off Western Park Boulevard) to get from campus or halls to Narborough Road area at night. Safer to walk the long way around through Braunstone Gate. .

Humm :smile: I live through the park and its not been bad in recent years, They installed CCTV on the lamposts and added more lights! I think its so they can make the CODE accomodation more appealing :smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by blacklipchic
Humm :smile: I live through the park and its not been bad in recent years, They installed CCTV on the lamposts and added more lights! I think its so they can make the CODE accomodation more appealing :smile:

That's good to hear. I lived off Narborough Road up until about 9 years ago, and prior to that. the park was kind of a scary short cut. Nice to know it's safer now.
Reply 22
There's a canal near DMU?:frown: I'll be starting there in sep and Drunken me and rivers/canals do not end well. I fear for myself
3 minutes after getting off the train at Leicester I was told to "go f*** myself" by a beggar because I didn't give him any money.
Reply 24
Original post by greekguy
i am wondering if leicester is a dangerous city? What is leicester like? Many people loves it and many other hates it!:confused:

Yes, it is. It's a terrible place long overdue a ricin attack.

I've seen people have their neck slashed open on a night out, one guy had his hair set on fire...

I really would advise against coming here.
Original post by modini
Nah it's not rough. Just don't walk through Vicky Park alone at midnight if you like your anus intact.

I love the idea of someone from Shottingham warning caution in Leicester.

Anyway, slightly bias as it's my home-town, but I love the place. There'll be the occasional problem wandering around, no place is perfect but the areas around the uni are fairly safe.
Reply 26
Original post by Alofleicester
I love the idea of someone from Shottingham warning caution in Leicester.

Anyway, slightly bias as it's my home-town, but I love the place. There'll be the occasional problem wandering around, no place is perfect but the areas around the uni are fairly safe.

Dude I live in Leiester atm (and for the last 2.5 years). I also love it, and I'm also aware that Notts is dangerous (although I've never had any bad experiences there, touch wood).

Love both cities. But come on, the first thing you hear when you come to Leicester uni is the high rape incidence of Vicky Park :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by modini
Dude I live in Leiester atm (and for the last 2.5 years). I also love it, and I'm also aware that Notts is dangerous (although I've never had any bad experiences there, touch wood).

Love both cities. But come on, the first thing you hear when you come to Leicester uni is the high rape incidence of Vicky Park :tongue:

You are the sole reason why there is rape in Vicky Park TROLOLOLOL.
Original post by Insanity514
Well I go to the college right near there, It's the nicer area of Leicester, especially London road and new walk which are near the de montfort area. Some very posh houses if you go far up London road :wink:

London Road is Leicester Uni territory!
Reply 29
Original post by konanakon
you are the sole reason why there is rape in vicky park trolololol.

LUL!

You are the sole reason for tramp muggings in Leicester. Yiyiyiyiyi yiyiyi yiyiyi, hohohohohooooo!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by modini
LUL!

You are the sole reason for tramp muggings in Leicester. Yiyiyiyiyi yiyiyi yiyiyi, hohohohohooooo!

True that. That pound went towards a late night snack at Opal. Mmmm you could almost taste the delicious loss of profit.
Reply 31
Original post by konanakon
True that. That pound went towards a late night snack at Opal. Mmmm you could almost taste the delicious loss of profit.

That is what is known as a 'win'.
Reply 32
Original post by Genocidal

Original post by Genocidal
Cambridge apparently.

Far from it.
Reply 33
Original post by modini

Original post by modini
That is what is known as a 'win'.

I got tiger blood.
No, it isn't rough.
Reply 35
I'm a 1st year Psychology student at Leicester uni and it isn't rough at all! obviously it's a city and it would be stupid to go wandering around places like Victoria Park on your own at night but that applies to anywhere in the country. I come from Notts myself and that has an awful reputation but it really isn't that bad. Every city has its good and bad points and I honestly love Leicester to bits, so believe me it isn't rough at all :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by PwnArtist
It's alright as long as you don't travel outside the centre... Places and Baunstone, Beaumont Leys, Saff Lane and the Monsell are rough... Think shameless kind rough. But places like Oadby, Enderby and the city are nice :smile:

Are you serious? not only is enderby full of mcat addict, you get 14-20 year olds walking around like they own the place, such as Louis Murrel and Jamie shaw, it's the same wiith narborough too, Enderby is rough if you look at the people that live there, my friend had alot of people from Enderby outside his house wanting to smash his head in and i know these enderby/narborough lot personally, if you think Enderbys a nice place then i dont think you go there much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending