The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Plus, is that even 200kg? Or are those funny plates?
Mother ****er you look 40!

But seriously, I'm ****ing jelly of your strength. Keep it up man!
Reply 42
Original post by SMed
Yes No.

But I thought you were like low 80s and almost 6 foot. Look a little thick to be that size.

I am low 80's, (84kg on the day) and Im 5'11, but I'm lean to go with it which is the main factor imo.
Reply 43
Original post by SMed
Plus, is that even 200kg? Or are those funny plates?

Blue and 3 reds make it 210kg, there is a black 10 to make it 230kg, a white 5kg plate to make it 240kg, black 2.5kg plate for 245 kg and collars to take it up to 250kg, which was my opener.

Original post by Michael XYZ
Mother ****er you look 40!

But seriously, I'm ****ing jelly of your strength. Keep it up man!

Im prettier in person :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
michael; real men have short/shaved heads
Original post by commandant
michael; real men have short/shaved heads

Yes 'cause of too much cell tech, amirite? :wink:

0:15 to 0:20.

Have you always powerlifted since you started training? 6 years and that strength is still crazy. There's a guy on Misc who I think is a bit stronger on the deadlift and he's trained 5-6 years but he does weigh like 220-240lbs.

Damn. I sure hope that's where I'll be in 3-4 years... :frown:
if you keep the powerlifting up for another 3-4 years you'll defo be a strong fcuker
Reply 47
Yes 'cause of too much cell tech, amirite? :wink:

0:15 to 0:20.

Have you always powerlifted since you started training? 6 years and that strength is still crazy. There's a guy on Misc who I think is a bit stronger on the deadlift and he's trained 5-6 years but he does weigh like 220-240lbs.

Damn. I sure hope that's where I'll be in 3-4 years... :frown:

Unfortunately for my brother and I all the men in my family on both sides don't have a lot of hair. A low quality picture of me straining on the deadlift isn't the best way to judge my age though lol.

3-4 years is a long time. If you're consistent with it aswell you'll get there.
(edited 12 years ago)
Out of sheer curiosity, do you remember what kind of lifts you had after 2 years?
look back through his previous posts
Reply 50
Out of sheer curiosity, do you remember what kind of lifts you had after 2 years?

I found an old journal and it read

"Total as of 18/05/2008 - 465kg

Bench - 95kg
Squat - 170kg
Deadlift - 200kg
Weight 91/92kg"

Reading that again has made me question what exactly I was doing for the first 3 years, must've spent the best part of 2.5 years bodybuilding lol
Pretty darn similar to what I'm at then, although lower bench but higher deadlift. Cool.
Reply 52
Jesus I thought I was strong, but I'm a woman compared to you, LOL.
Reply 53
Yesterday - CGBP and Floor press - 100kg x 3, both easy. Strict press - 70kg x 3, again easy.

Tonight

13" deadlift

260kg x 1
280kg x 1
310kg x 1 - Easy

Deficit SLDL - beltless

190kg x 1
230kg x 1
270kg x 1

Dips - BW x 50

Nice couple of sessions, everything nice and comfy as is it should be with those weights tbh. In the middle of setting up a Weightlifting club with the university. Training in a group isn't really my thing but I'm supporting a friend with this venture as I think there is potential for something. It's been approved by the SU so think its just insurance that needs to be sorted. If it takes off then theres always the option of affiliating with the BDFPA which will be nice, then in the long term potential for comps in Aberdeen.

Im unsure what will happen, last time we had one it died but all I can do is give my support and hopefully it'll take off. Good thing now is with all the social networking sites and forums getting the club noticed isn't really a problem.
(edited 12 years ago)
Damn, 50 consecutive reps is pretty ****ing good.
How can you set up a club if you're not a student any more?
"Dips - BW x 50"

Reply 57
Original post by Smack
How can you set up a club if you're not a student any more?

I got the ball rolling last year when I was on a sports bursary but didn't complete it because I started to late and graduated, now a mate has taken it on. I know all the guys to talk to, and while im working at the uni I can sit in on meetings. Im only giving help and support, its my friend whos taken it up a notch and its only by chance with my current work location that im able give some proper imput.
Reply 58
Push & Pull, started with the pull

SLDL

200kg x 1
230kg x 1
260kg x 1
280kg x 1

Not difficult, but not as easy as I was expecting considering I did a 270 from a deficit, probably a recovery issue

CGBP

80kg x 8
90kg x 5
100kg x 3
110kg x 2

Solid, more there. Im going to set myself a 500kg push/pull total target for this year but realistically i'll do well to hit 480
Reply 59
4" Deficit Deadlift

210kg x 3
250kg x 1
280kg x 1
300kg x 1 - Grind and a half lol

I can't for the life of me remember if I've done this before, never done more for sure. I was worried the lack of squatting would take away some power off the floor as my quads aren't being used like they would be normally. Everything seems ok though.

Goodmorning - arch back

110kg x 5
130kg x 5
150kg x 5 - Potentially a PB, probably is.

Decent session, last lower before the comp this time next week.

Edit - Got some belly pork, marinaded in BBQ rub thats been cooking for the past 5 hours. Came home to the flat and its smelling incredible.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply