Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Warwick rejection. 2 down 2 to go...
Reply 81
Original post by Cattree
Warwick rejection. 2 down 2 to go...

I just got rejected too. It stings even though I knew it was coming!:rolleyes:
Reply 82
Is Warwick the first uni to have given all applicants a response? Looks like the stalking thread is nearly all filled in. Some unis haven't even started yet!
Reply 83
Original post by Cattree
Is Warwick the first uni to have given all applicants a response? Looks like the stalking thread is nearly all filled in. Some unis haven't even started yet!

Not sure.

I'm guessing it's maybe because it's the only uni to offer the GEM course exclusively (I *think* I'm right in saying that...)

For them, selection is pretty straightforward:

- check applicants have got a relevant degree qualification, reject those that haven't
- rank the resulting people by UKCAT
- offer the top x% an invite to the selection centre
- reject the bottom y%
- offer the rest a waiting list invitation

Anything below degree level is disregarded, remember.
Original post by Cattree

Oxbridge have responded to everyone too
Hey guys just wondering if there is a current warwick medical school student on this forum? Or anyone else that doesnt mind helping me out? Does anyone know what the group activities and the written exercise for the interview is like?
Reply 86
Who else is on the waiting list and what was your UKCAT? Mine 670
Reply 87
Good luck, Freshers.
Original post by Tripo
Who else is on the waiting list and what was your UKCAT? Mine 670

I am, my UKCAT was 677.5 I think, it was soo long ago its hard to remember. I missed out on an interview by 2.5. But fingers crossed, no rejection yet!
Reply 89
Original post by do do

Original post by do do
I am, my UKCAT was 677.5 I think, it was soo long ago its hard to remember. I missed out on an interview by 2.5. But fingers crossed, no rejection yet!

Your UKCAT can't have been 677.5 as i know people with UKCAT 675 who are interviewed. If they've put people with 665 in the waiting list i think its more likely to be 675 or 672.5. Either way fingers crossed for all of us.
Reply 90
Does anyone know exactly what we will have to do at the interview? All I know is that there is a group task, a written exercise and an interview. Can anyone give further details please?
Warwick rejection for law today.

Future is looking gloomy.
Original post by Kevin Wu
Warwick rejection for law today.

Future is looking gloomy.

Have you noticed which forum you're posting in?

Sorry about your rejection though.
Original post by Democracy
Have you noticed which forum you're posting in?

Sorry about your rejection though.

Whoops!

Maybe that's why I got rejected. HAHA
Reply 94
Dang. A lot of sad in this thread. But in the spirit of hope springing eternal, anyone know any juicy details about the selection centre?
Also 14th February if anyone else is gonna be there :3c
Reply 95
There in the PM of the 14th - drink after? S.
Reply 96
Hey guys, is anyone else still on the waiting list or know not a lot about it? I've been watching the newmediamedicine waiting list forum and it's given me a lot of false hope which is slowly fading away as we're getting closer to the selection centre dates :frown: Dont suppose anyone has an offer elsewhere and want to withdraw from their interview do they? :tongue: I'd give anything for an interview :frown:
Original post by jodderz
Hey guys, is anyone else still on the waiting list or know not a lot about it? I've been watching the newmediamedicine waiting list forum and it's given me a lot of false hope which is slowly fading away as we're getting closer to the selection centre dates :frown: Dont suppose anyone has an offer elsewhere and want to withdraw from their interview do they? :tongue: I'd give anything for an interview :frown:

If Newcastle get their finger out and give me an offer, I'll be withdrawing. Sadly I doubt that'll happen before interview week. Fingers crossed for you.
Reply 98
Does anyone know if there's going to be a chance to look around the medical school at the assessment days?

I'm going to have a wander on my own on the Monday morning, but was hoping for a guided tour too :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by adsyrah
Does anyone know if there's going to be a chance to look around the medical school at the assessment days?

I'm going to have a wander on my own on the Monday morning, but was hoping for a guided tour too :smile:

I'm going to have a wander afterwards too I think, although I already know how nice the uni is! By the time you read this you'll probably be all done, so how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest