The Student Room Group

LNAT scores

Just curious, what scores did people accepted to oxbridge for law get on the LNAT? How would 19 of looked to tutors?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Search the forum and its subforums - I know this has been discussed before and many lawyers have stated their LNAT grades.
Reply 2
You can't search for LNAT at the moment because its below the required search length, but there are threads about this buried in both the Law forum and the Oxford one. The LNAT is another factor that tutors use, its not the be all and end all though and it alone won't get you in or get you rejected, though it can help either way.
Reply 3
i got 25
Reply 4
I got only 18!!!!!! :frown:
Reply 5
I got 24.
Reply 6
I got 24 aswell. Though they check your essay which isnt marked (mine was rubbish)
Reply 7
allymcb2
I got 24 aswell. Though they check your essay which isnt marked (mine was rubbish)

Mine was awful too. Absolutely dire. Mostly because I spent about 15 minutes trying to decide which essay to do!
Reply 8
My LNAT score was pretty bad (18), but I think my essay was pretty good; I got a topic that I was pretty passionate about, and belted it out. Lol.
Reply 9
manthi
My LNAT score was pretty bad (18), but I think my essay was pretty good; I got a topic that I was pretty passionate about, and belted it out. Lol.

18 is not bad enough, at least you have succeeded to get a place at Cambridge. Nevertheless, what was the topic of essay.

Just for the record highest LNAT score was 29, strange to note that applicant was non-UK.
Reply 10
my friend was accepted with 19, post Alevel though
Reply 11
Topic was whether newspapers have become redundant! :biggrin:
Reply 12
manthi

WOW thats a tough one.
Reply 13
I got 19 and gt an offer frm oxford. My essay, i thought was good though. Twas bout censroship in modern society.
Reply 14
I got 21 which isnt so high in terms of TSR standard but I got uncon offers from UCL and Oxford so I guess something else must have made up for it...

But 19 is good, the average is usually the half mark I believe...
Reply 15
manthi

Well, for me it's a no-brainer. They obviously have, at least in their paper form. They are superceded by the internet, so all they're useful for now is delivering me a daily sudoku and crossword that I can do in lessons!
Reply 16
Nobody has managed a perfect 30 before?
Reply 17
I find this surprising, considering the quality of those taking the test.
Reply 18
Lewi
Well, for me it's a no-brainer. They obviously have, at least in their paper form. They are superceded by the internet, so all they're useful for now is delivering me a daily sudoku and crossword that I can do in lessons!

I disagreed actually in my essay. I said that they werent redundant.

Simple question: When you go for a walk in the morning, how many people will you see clutching a newspaper in hand, with maybe a coffee on the other? Many. Until theres a day when people stop carrying newspapers with them on their way to work, in the tube etc. newspapers wont be redundant.
Reply 19
I got a 26, denied from both UCL and Oxford. I am an American applicant though, so that might have something to do with it.

Quick Reply

Latest