The Student Room Group

SEO London IB Summer Internships 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by Carlos_Vela
Did you all have to do SHL test again after SEO had computer system issues?
I passed my SHL test in November and have been recommended after my test.
But today I received an email saying SEO had computer system issues and required from me to
fill a form for recommendation.
Once I have filled in the recommendation form, I received an email asking me to an SHL test.

What is going on?

Were you at the October Meet and Greet?

I have just checked my email and i have not received an email about computer issues. I taken my SHL test once and straight after i was recommended.

I have no clue whats going on mate it all seems rather mysterious with SEO the coming weeks will tell.

Im waiting desperately for something to happen. Perhaps most people are too. I hope someone could shed some light on my questions in the previous post. Thanks :smile:
Reply 481
By the way what was on the recommendation form out of curiosity? Because when i was recommended after October meet and greet i was not sent such a recommendation form. I guess this recommendation form is something new for you too?
Original post by yaknow61
Were you at the October Meet and Greet?

I have just checked my email and i have not received an email about computer issues. I taken my SHL test once and straight after i was recommended.

I have no clue whats going on mate it all seems rather mysterious with SEO the coming weeks will tell.

Im waiting desperately for something to happen. Perhaps most people are too. I hope someone could shed some light on my questions in the previous post. Thanks :smile:

I received a mail about grad positions available at a financial services (not IB) firm and was advised to fill in a form and send in a copy of my CV. After I have done this, I received an email saying SEO had issues with their computer system and therefore have to do everything all over again.

Other than this, nothing is happening this season at SEO.
Original post by yaknow61
By the way what was on the recommendation form out of curiosity? Because when i was recommended after October meet and greet i was not sent such a recommendation form. I guess this recommendation form is something new for you too?

I was at great and meat in November....the recommendation letter is not new to me...i received one in November.

Yaknow...your not missing anything...its a bad year basically

Good luck
Reply 483
Thanks for the information mate. I will keep you posted and I wish you all the best :smile:
Reply 484
Has anybody heard anything?? im just wondering because this time last year people were getting AC's.
SEO is done getting all the candidates. If you didn't bother applying yourself, I'm afraid you missed the boat to get an internship or grad scheme!
Reply 486
Original post by cookiedough101
SEO is done getting all the candidates. If you didn't bother applying yourself, I'm afraid you missed the boat to get an internship or grad scheme!

How do you know SEO are done, did you get an internship?

Thanks
I have a full time offer from my summer internship last year. SEO isn't helpful at all and fortunately I did not place all my bets on them.
I do speak to the SEO team regularly and they have confirmed they're done - at least for IB Programmes.
Reply 488
I have a full time offer from my summer internship last year. SEO isn't helpful at all and fortunately I did not place all my bets on them.
I do speak to the SEO team regularly and they have confirmed they're done - at least for IB Programmes.

Congrats on converting:biggrin:

Did you get the summer offer through SEO or was it through a direct application?

Thanks
Reply 489

Hi there mate,

I am a recommended candidate of SEO for investment banking risk division. Im not too sure at what you are getting at. Do you mean to say that SEO has finished recommending candidates? or do you mean to say that SEO's partner banks have already given all of their offers to seo recommendees for investment banking?

since you are in touch with seo team. what are the chances of recommended candidates receiving an internship offer? If you do not know could you please find out.

It is great to hear that you have got a job lined up :smile:

Thank you
Cheers yaknow and twinkl

I got my summer internship through my own direct applications. I was in touch with SEO to try and find me an alternative grad scheme as I didn't like the firm where I worked - they failed to do that and I managed to get another grad offer through my own applications and networking. SEO isn't helpful AT ALL! You should have applied yourself.

This year, due to a lack of grad opportunities, almost everyone has applied for internships (incl people who are in their final year, recent graduates and even people doing their masters). Most summer internship offers have been extended to successful candidates (majority) - GS(interviewing all candidates they are interested in now), JPM (they told everyone incl recent grads to apply for summer), BAML (they finished mid - Jan), UBS ( they tend to start as early as Sept and finish by December), Barcap, MS and Citi(I know people getting offers by November for various roles).
SEO has left a lot of people from my uni hanging dry as well. I have spoken to the SEO office and they said all pending recommendation chances look extremely minimal.

Sorry to break this to you. Wish you luck and success with 'individual' applications.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply