The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

dont worry about the self pity, i tend to wallow in self pity as well :tongue:

can you not tell somebody you trust at school, and see if you can get allowances made for you or have the exam boards notified of extenuating circumstances?

I haven't even been diagnosed with anything. I have a CAMHS assessment coming up though.
I'm not sure, extra time wouldn't help me.
Reply 1001
Oh gawd I know the nostalgia trip is bad now: I'm singing along to Westlife on youtube :facepalm2:

Memories of being 7 years old and singing as I played keepy-uppy with a balloon.

Saddest of all is that I still remember all the lyrics. :ashamed:
It's really tedious when you're too lazy to bother doing anything, even things you like/want to do. :sigh:
Original post by Nut.
Oh gawd I know the nostalgia trip is bad now: I'm singing along to Westlife on youtube :facepalm2:

Memories of being 7 years old and singing as I played keepy-uppy with a balloon.

Saddest of all is that I still remember all the lyrics. :ashamed:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Westlife! :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by Nut.
Yeah you shouldn't have to pay for that. One of guys in my flat (and there are 10 of us so I don't even know which one) managed to crack all the glass in the door to the kitchen. It's at least 2cm thick safety glass, about 80cm across and 5 feet tall... **** knows how he managed that. We all got an email saying we'd have to pay unless we told who did it. It got fixed over Christmas and I didn't pay anything so I guess he owned up.

I'm not really one for nights out myself. Crowds of people make me anxious and I'd have to drink a lot to get through it which wouldn't be very good.

I recommend fruit like apples, bananas, oranges etc. that you can keep in your room to stay out of the kitchen. And veg like carrots and even broccoli can be eaten raw.

I try to keep my cooking brief - 10min stir frys or 3min scrambled egg type things.

It probably doesn't help much that they know I was in hospital last week. They were really nice and supportive when I told them where I was going (so they wouldn't worry about where I was) but since I've been back it's like they don't know how to treat me and they're all walking on egg shells. I'll walk in and they'll all be laughing and then it goes quiet, someone asks if I'm ok, I'll say yeah and then it's just awkward.
It feels like they think I think I'm better than them or that I'm being snobby, when I'm really just scared. Probably because I don't drink and smoke drugs with them because of meds and fear of psychosis coming back, so I'm not a 'typical student' in their book.

Why were you in hospital, if you don't mind me asking?

Sainsburys are delivering my shopping tomorrow, can't wait. It's so cold at the moment too that leaving things on the windowsill is basically like putting them in a fridge!

I just want to go into the kitchen to microwave some soup :frown: Peeked in through the door just now and they're all in there... Can't bring myself to go in, because I KNOW someone's going to make a comment and then I'll either get really angry or cry.

Seriously considering just getting a takeaway at this point... but then I'd have to have my door open to hear the knock on the flat door when it came, and then I'm sure someone would stick their head in and say something... Or they'd see me getting my pizza or chinese or whatever and think "what a fatty, a whole takeaway to herself!". Can't win here. FFS.
Reply 1005
Why were you in hospital, if you don't mind me asking?

Sainsburys are delivering my shopping tomorrow, can't wait. It's so cold at the moment too that leaving things on the windowsill is basically like putting them in a fridge!

I just want to go into the kitchen to microwave some soup :frown: Peeked in through the door just now and they're all in there... Can't bring myself to go in, because I KNOW someone's going to make a comment and then I'll either get really angry or cry.

Seriously considering just getting a takeaway at this point... but then I'd have to have my door open to hear the knock on the flat door when it came, and then I'm sure someone would stick their head in and say something... Or they'd see me getting my pizza or chinese or whatever and think "what a fatty, a whole takeaway to herself!". Can't win here. FFS.

I was in hospital because:

Spoiler

I told them at the beginning of the year that I have bipolar disorder but they don't really know what it is.

Don't you have heating in your room? :hugs:

You could set off the fire alarm and sneak in the kitchen for 5mins whilst everyone else waits outside :lol:.
Original post by Nut.
I was in hospital because:

Spoiler

I told them at the beginning of the year that I have bipolar disorder but they don't really know what it is.

Don't you have heating in your room? :hugs:

You could set off the fire alarm and sneak in the kitchen for 5mins whilst everyone else waits outside :lol:.

Fair enough.
And yeah, not many people understand it (or any other mental illness, really) properly.

I do, it's just that the bit between the window and the curtains is always freezing :tongue:

Oh god, getting food is NOT worth the fine I'd get for setting the alarm off deliberately! But otherwise it'd be a good plan :biggrin:

Beer is surprisingly nutritious if you drink like 4 of them. You can survive for a few weeks on just beer and water. :moon:

Another lifesaver for me was ready to eat pies. Like cornish pasties, chicken and mushroom bakes etc, filling and cheap.
Original post by Sabertooth
Beer is surprisingly nutritious if you drink like 4 of them. You can survive for a few weeks on just beer and water. :moon:

Another lifesaver for me was ready to eat pies. Like cornish pasties, chicken and mushroom bakes etc, filling and cheap.

I love pies :sogood:

It's not the food that's the problem, it's the having to go into the kitchen to get it :cry:
I love pies :sogood:

It's not the food that's the problem, it's the having to go into the kitchen to get it :cry:

Ah I had the problem too. My sympathies. :console: I lived with 8 Chinese people and they used to have Chinese parties in the kitchen with about 25 of them all packed in, it was a nightmare. I used to go to the shop everyday to buy supplies with the theory that the exercise is good for me.
Ah I had the problem too. My sympathies. :console: I lived with 8 Chinese people and they used to have Chinese parties in the kitchen with about 25 of them all packed in, it was a nightmare. I used to go to the shop everyday to buy supplies with the theory that the exercise is good for me.

As soon as the little shop opens tomorrow, I'll be down there like a shot. Hopefully it'll have snowed more overnight and I can justify it to myself because it'll be a fun walk!

They're now watching a film in there and won't leave till at least 1am. Giving in. Eating the nutella.

Original post by Nut.
x

Nut you missed it - we totally just won in the count! :awesome:
I keep having crazy mood swings. Does anyone else suffer from this?

I can wake up feeling so positive and full of optimism - I plan what I need to do for uni, and think of all the things I have in my life that make me happy.

An hour later I can be full on sobbing, wanting to stay in bed for the whole week and don't even want to talk to my housemate for fear of breaking down in front of her. It's so pathetic. Then I can go to a stage where I just feel apathetic - almost angry at my ex for causing all this stuff. Then back to optimism :unsure:

Spoiler

Reply 1014
Original post by ViceVersa
Nut you missed it - we totally just won in the count! :awesome:

NOOOOO! :cry2:

#musttryharder

Original post by Nut.
NOOOOO! :cry2:

#musttryharder

We got to 239 :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

:hugs:

If you want to talk, I'm around.
Reply 1017
Apologies for not posting in ages. I just had a catch up of the thread. :hugs: to everyone.

I actually thought life was getting better because for the first time in years I felt happy even when I was alone, which is usually when my mind goes into overdrive. It was stupid to hope and think I could actually be happy :sigh:.

I have received lovely texts and notes from friends now that I am forcing myself to make more of an effort and they are so touching but I just feel sad and on the verge of tears all the time. :cry:.

I'm sorry for posting and not helping anyone. I'm just so close to giving up.
(edited 12 years ago)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Tbh I feel very...very..

Latest