Original post by neverloggedin
Course: Actuarial Science
Date of offer: Beginning of Jan
Offer: A*AA
AS-levels: AAB
Predicted A2s: A*AA

Hoping to meet people from here on the open day :smile:

Which open day are you going to?
Probably the one on April as it's so cold on Feb :/ What about you ?
Reply 83
Date of offer: November sometime
Offer: A* Maths, A Further Maths
GCSEs: 7 A*, 3A, 2B
Predicted A2s: I've spread over 3 years, so at the end of this it should be (marks in brackets are predictions): a(a)ABP(A*)(A*)(M) in Philos&Ethics, Politics, Law, Eco&Bus, OU Yass, Maths, FMaths, AEAMaths
Reply 84
Oops double post :/
Date of offer: Beginning of Jan
Offer: A*AA
AS-levels: AAB
Predicted A2s: A*AA

Hoping to meet people from here on the open day :smile:

Are you firming Cass? Where else did you apply for Actuarial - soz to be nosy but I havent found many people in the discussion threads for my other applications :biggrin:
Haha no problem! Probably by the looks of it. I had applied to LSE, UCL, CASS, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary. So far I have had a rejection from LSE, no reply yet from UCL, offers from rest. If UCL does not give me an offer, I will be firming CASS :smile: What about you?
Probably the one on April as it's so cold on Feb :/ What about you ?

Lol well I will be going to the one in March. Are you from the U.K?
Lol well I will be going to the one in March. Are you from the U.K?

Yup, I actually live in London :smile: What about you? Just booked the one on March as I may be busy on April
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 88
Haha no problem! Probably by the looks of it. I had applied to LSE, UCL, CASS, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary. So far I have had a rejection from LSE, no reply yet from UCL, offers from rest. If UCL does not give me an offer, I will be firming CASS :smile: What about you?

Oh, I was trying to stay away from London when I applied, so only applied to CASS. Little bit scared off now by the costs of the accomodation so I'm not so sure anymore. I applied to Keele, Kent, Leeds, CASS, UEA, and I'm only waiting for UEA now. Definitely firming Keele though (I think) :heart:.

What made you choose CASS?
Reply 89
Original post by SaySaam
Oh, I was trying to stay away from London when I applied, so only applied to CASS. Little bit scared off now by the costs of the accomodation so I'm not so sure anymore. I applied to Keele, Kent, Leeds, CASS, UEA, and I'm only waiting for UEA now. Definitely firming Keele though (I think) :heart:.

What made you choose CASS?

I applied to Kent and UEA :biggrin: Why Keele when its the least reputable for Acturial out of all the ones you applied for?
Reply 90
Original post by CloClo7
I applied to Kent and UEA :biggrin: Why Keele when its the least reputable for Acturial out of all the ones you applied for?

I remember you from another thread :colondollar:

I just fell in love with the place, and the modules seemed a lot more focused on the route I want to take. Also the teaching tends to be more focused on work than focused on the theory which places like LSE and Leeds seemed to be when I looked. CASS has put me off by the £8k accomodation fees - no way I can afford that with the loans and grants I'd be getting. And I want to do a Masters at some point, but I wanted to do that at Kent, so I'm not sure about doing UG and PG at the same university, just doesn't seem as good an idea lifestyle-wise, to me anyway.
Yup, I actually live in London :smile: What about you? Just booked the one on March as I may be busy on April

Oh that is great :smile: I live in Cyprus.
I may see you in March then :P
Reply 92

neverloggedin,

You would prefer UCL rather than Cass? Why, Ive read that Cass is much better?
Well CASS is pretty good and for courses like Actuarial Science (compared to Econ & Stats in UCL - closest to actuarial science), it's better in CASS than UCL...

BUT...

I would rather say I study at UCL than CASS as more people have heard of UCL and so the simple reason of prestige is my main urge to study at UCL rather than CASS.

What about you? What course did you apply for? CASS your firm?
Original post by Loren.mamedova
I applied to CASS for IFRM. Im predicted 3 As in Physics Maths and Economics. I'm going there in April, hopefully (if the offer is amended)I will see some of you there =) (im from cyprus)
However, Im so worried they sent me an offer stating that they want 3 As including Further Mathematics but the thing is I've never done it and I dont think i'll manage to achieve an A if I start the FP maths modules at such late notice..
Did they ask anyone else that they want Further Pure for this course even though you weren't doing in?
I just hope it's a mistake and they meant mathematics rather than further maths, I've emailed them already asking weather they really do want an A in Further maths, if so I doubt i'll make it =/
I really want to firm it.. Fingers crossed :smile:

Woop, a person from Cyprus :biggrin:
They may have made a mistake because the first time they sent me my offer, they thought I already had my AA for Applied Business, which I did not, so they had to change it.
So I am hoping for the best for you! :smile:
Yep, Limassol to be precise, and you?:smile:
Oh ok, that's great!:biggrin: and I doubt they need further maths for this course(since I know people that had maths and got accepted) so hopefully you're right! How long did it take them to reply to your email? cheered me up, thank you:smile:

Oh that is great :smile: I live in Larnaca, but I always wanted to live in Limassol.
They replied to me the following day if i can remember precisely. However, it may have been two days, but I sent it in the beginning of the week. When did you send yours?
Well yeah in summer Limassol is great :smile:
I've sent mine on Friday, so hopefully I'll get a reply this week.

I know :P now your just making me jealous :smile:
Anyways you should get one soon. I hope for all the best :smile:
Keep us updated on what happens.
Reply 97
Got two offers from Cass the other day, one for Banking and international finance and the other for Management, weird thing is, I'm already at Warwick University studying engineering but have had a change of heart for looking into for a course that could get me into finance (I know engineering can). Due to family situations I've applied back to london this year. Offer is to get 60 % this year which is a 2:1, its do-able. Wanted to ask you guys if its worth giving up engineering at a university like Warwick to study management or banking and international finance at Cass. I really want to go into a finance analyst type job after and honestly believe that if I did graduate with an engineering degree, I'll still go into finance. Any advice anyone on here wants to share ? Thanks for your time.
Reply 98
Original post by veeeeveee
Got two offers from Cass the other day, one for Banking and international finance and the other for Management, weird thing is, I'm already at Warwick University studying engineering but have had a change of heart for looking into for a course that could get me into finance (I know engineering can). Due to family situations I've applied back to london this year. Offer is to get 60 % this year which is a 2:1, its do-able. Wanted to ask you guys if its worth giving up engineering at a university like Warwick to study management or banking and international finance at Cass. I really want to go into a finance analyst type job after and honestly believe that if I did graduate with an engineering degree, I'll still go into finance. Any advice anyone on here wants to share ? Thanks for your time.

I don't know if you're being serious or not. If you are, DON'T transfer. You are at a target university completing a highly quantitative degree, why would you want to switch to a non-target to study a considerably easier degree? B&F/Management will get you into finance but so will engineering. As a matter of fact, engineering offers you a broader spectrum of jobs you can apply to, from IB SA to algo trading roles in hedge funds; whilst Management will not - the degree isn't quantitative enough. Why waste a year then?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by SonnyZH
I don't know if you're being serious or not. If you are, DON'T transfer. You are at a target university completing a highly quantitative degree, why would you want to switch to a non-target to study a considerably easier degree? B&F/Management will get you into finance but so will engineering. As a matter of fact, engineering offers you a broader spectrum of jobs you can apply to, from IB SA to algo trading roles in hedge funds; whilst Management will not - the degree isn't quantitative enough. Why waste a year then?

I understand , I do want to stay on my course but am I really losing out on so much if I transfer. It's only because of personal issues going on but is it really that much of a difference between Warwick and Cass ? I've got 4 years because I'm on the masters course. I thought that Cass business school was one of the top in the country ? I thought I would have better chances of gaining links within the City of London where I plan on working in the future. Do I not have a broad range of job role choices with the Banking and International finance degree at Cass ? I haven't made a definite choice yet on whether I'll go to Cass or not. It's mainly because I know I definitely want to go into finance after I finish my degree. Would I be better off just doing three years and try doing a masters at Cass or LSE provided I get a first class/upper class honours ? I always hear employers say things like it doesn't matter much about the University you go to, only if you apply to investment banking but other factors will affect your application. Does Cass not have a good reputation ? I thought I would be better suited to the course they have on offer and I know I'm not definite on going into investment banking, I would look into other job types like financial analyst or risk analyst, Actuary. I should have done more research into this. I'm sorry for writing such a long response, I appreciate your advise and help. Thanks so much.

Quick Reply

Latest