The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eco1234
was yours for ibd or securities?

Neither it was for Investment Managment
Reply 4061
Hi Guys! I'm actually new to this thread but would really appreciate some advice! Accepted DB Spring into Markets already, got offers from MS and BAML and JP Morgan Winning Women's Programme. Out of the last 3 which one should I chose? Thank you :smile:
Original post by India13
Hi Guys! I'm actually new to this thread but would really appreciate some advice! Accepted DB Spring into Markets already, got offers from MS and BAML and JP Morgan Winning Women's Programme. Out of the last 3 which one should I chose? Thank you :smile:

I would choose MS, purely my choice its up to you though!:smile:
Original post by i_hate_teeth
For the people that have formally accepted a JPM spring week: Have you received a confirmation email from them after sending your acceptance email?

Nope I haven't got anything back either.
Reply 4064
Original post by woods.vanessa

I would pick MS as well. Only if the dates don't clash though?
Neither it was for Investment Managment

Just out of curiosity, did you get to choose PWM or AM or is it a general IM internship? GS structure their IM division with those two sub-divisions right?
Reply 4066
Original post by India13

Congrats on all your offers! When was you interview for DB?

Thanks
Reply 4067

I was thinking the same thing, thank you! :smile:
Reply 4068
Original post by twinkl
Congrats on all your offers! When was you interview for DB?

Thanks

Thanks! My interview was on the 9th of January.
Reply 4069
Original post by peffy17
I would pick MS as well. Only if the dates don't clash though?

Thank you! They don't clash, I'm just a bit apprehensive because I really do need to revise for my exams which are 3 weeks after easter!
Reply 4070
Original post by India13
Thank you! They don't clash, I'm just a bit apprehensive because I really do need to revise for my exams which are 3 weeks after easter!

That will be the same as me if I end up getting any of the SW I applied for (just waiting to hear post interview) but I guess you sort of have to weigh up improving future chances for employment etc with getting revision done? Plus, there are always evenings and weekends to revise (however depressing the thought is!)
Original post by peffy17
That will be the same as me if I end up getting any of the SW I applied for (just waiting to hear post interview) but I guess you sort of have to weigh up improving future chances for employment etc with getting revision done? Plus, there are always evenings and weekends to revise (however depressing the thought is!)

This would kill me (srs)
Reply 4072
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
This would kill me (srs)

As it would me, but sometimes there's little choice... Unless of course you just don't revise much (my likely method). I'm assuming you're all 1st years anyway and 2nd years of 4 year courses so exams don't really matter anyway
Original post by peffy17
As it would me, but sometimes there's little choice... Unless of course you just don't revise much (my likely method). I'm assuming you're all 1st years anyway and 2nd years of 4 year courses so exams don't really matter anyway

Actually quite a few of my modules count towards my final degree classification :s-smilie:
Reply 4074
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
Actually quite a few of my modules count towards my final degree classification :s-smilie:

Already?! Aren't you just a first year though? I'm a second year in a four year degree and this year doesn't even count... What a way to add pressure to you! I'm sure you'll find a way to get it all done though.
Reply 4075
Original post by peffy17
Already?! Aren't you just a first year though? I'm a second year in a four year degree and this year doesn't even count... What a way to add pressure to you! I'm sure you'll find a way to get it all done though.

My first year counted 10% and this year counts 20%. But I do a real degree
Reply 4076
Original post by miml

Are you saying that I don't do a real degree?
Reply 4077
Original post by peffy17
Are you saying that I don't do a real degree?

Just trolling you. I have no idea what degree you do.

That said your final two years are going to be a bitch if they are the only ones that count.
Reply 4078
Original post by miml
Just trolling you. I have no idea what degree you do.

That said your final two years are going to be a bitch if they are the only ones that count.

Fair dos. Not really, I'm at uni in Scotland so courses are automatically 4 years and only the last 2 count. In England MOST (emphasis on that - clearly not yours) only have the last 2 years of the 3 year courses count so it's exactly the same except I get an extra year to do nothing
Original post by miml

At Warwick.......LOL

Spoiler

Latest