Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Hi everyone :smile:

I'm applying to university of Kent for the Digital Arts course. I'm quite worried about my application since I have no answer from the university except for the application acknowledgement. :confused:

Is there anyone who is applying for the same course and already got an offer?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Offer for Journalism, now its my Insurance :wink:
Reply 1002
Original post by mons7re

I'm applying to university of Kent for the Digital Arts course. I'm quite worried about my application since I have no answer from the university except for the application acknowledgement. :confused:

You are the first down for that course c:

Original post by Fruitcake_OX
Offer for Journalism, now its my Insurance :wink:

At medway? Or canterbury c:
I got an offer from kent for physics. It's not my first choice, but I might put it down as an insurance. I was just wondering when should I apply for accomodation? Also are there any price guides for accomodation, I'd prefer an en-suite, but as cheap as possible, if that is possible.
Reply 1004
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I got an offer from kent for physics. It's not my first choice, but I might put it down as an insurance. I was just wondering when should I apply for accomodation? Also are there any price guides for accomodation, I'd prefer an en-suite, but as cheap as possible, if that is possible.

http://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/canterbury/apply/prices.html C:
It's all pretty expensive. You can apply for accommodation as soon as you get an offer no need to have it firmed or insured.
Reply 1005
Original post by Onique
You are the first down for that course c:

At medway? Or canterbury c:

what a pity, i was hoping to find someone else with the same problem as me :redface: Anyway, hope to receive an answer soon as I think to put Kent down as my insurance :smile:
Original post by Onique
http://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/canterbury/apply/prices.html C:
It's all pretty expensive. You can apply for accommodation as soon as you get an offer no need to have it firmed or insured.

I know! I wanted an en-suite, looks like it's shared bathrooms for me. I'm trying to get in one of the houses.
Reply 1007
Not that it affects me, but the university accommodation does seem a fair bit higher than average and Canterbury property prices are reasonable by south east standards. Does anyone know why this is? If not, 20 or 30 years ago this would have been just the sort of thing to provoke a student sit-in :wink:
Reply 1008
Original post by grazie
Not that it affects me, but the university accommodation does seem a fair bit higher than average and Canterbury property prices are reasonable by south east standards. Does anyone know why this is? If not, 20 or 30 years ago this would have been just the sort of thing to provoke a student sit-in :wink:

Just from the open day the only thing I can think of is that it's at the top of a hill. And going by myself. Students are quite lazy (; so it's Kent's excuse to up prices? xD

I know! I wanted an en-suite, looks like it's shared bathrooms for me. I'm trying to get in one of the houses.

Doing my spreadsheet now (mum made me) and I'm beginning to think the same. But I really don't think I could cope with a shared bathroom with total strangers >< Second year would be different cause you's KNOW the people. But to start, I really don't want to ;-; Looks like I'll be living off noodles the whole year xD
Original post by Onique
Just from the open day the only thing I can think of is that it's at the top of a hill. And going by myself. Students are quite lazy (; so it's Kent's excuse to up prices? xD

Doing my spreadsheet now (mum made me) and I'm beginning to think the same. But I really don't think I could cope with a shared bathroom with total strangers >< Second year would be different cause you's KNOW the people. But to start, I really don't want to ;-; Looks like I'll be living off noodles the whole year xD

Well my brother is an alumni of kent and he has just told me the shared bathrooms aren't that bad. Apparently the cleaners do a great job of keeping everything hygenic. The only issue I would have is how many students are there to one toilet. Three or four people to one bathroom I could deal with, hence why I want a 5 room house.
Reply 1010
Well my brother is an alumni of kent and he has just told me the shared bathrooms aren't that bad. Apparently the cleaners do a great job of keeping everything hygenic. The only issue I would have is how many students are there to one toilet. Three or four people to one bathroom I could deal with, hence why I want a 5 room house.

Oh cool! What did he think of the uni life/city... Did he enjoy it?

And that makes me feel a bit better. I may consider a shared for my second ><
Holy $%&# at the average prices to rent in Canterbury. The most expensive town in the whole of the UK hands down lol
Reply 1012
Original post by ifstatement
Holy $%&amp;# at the average prices to rent in Canterbury. The most expensive town in the whole of the UK hands down lol

Darwin Flats - £7,065.24 O_O really
I'll just leave this here: https://www.facebook.com/ukcmemes

:rofl2: :rofl2:
Why spend an extra 2k for Darwin?

Edit: for a studio? nvm. If they were that expensive then Kent are being way too greedy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Onique
Oh cool! What did he think of the uni life/city... Did he enjoy it?

And that makes me feel a bit better. I may consider a shared for my second ><

Yeah he loved it. I've been to vist him in canterbury a few times and absolutely love the city and the uni was very impressive. The actual campus is massive and reminds me a lot of those american style campuses you see in movies where everything and anything is on site from a fruit market and bars/club to a huge sports complex (which is about to be expanded). And when you want to go in and out of the city there's a bus that goes right through the campus into the city. The only problem I have is that coming from glasgow there aren't as many clubs as i'd like as it's an old sleepy tourist city and the venue (kents union) wasn't the best club I've been to. But london is a mere train ride away and it only costs about £14 return or £18 if you want unlimited subway usage once you get there. Plus it's probably better to study in a place like canterbury where there are less distractions, allowing you to concentrate more on studying but still have a great uni/student experience.
Original post by mons7re

Same here!! I sent off my application in December, I intend to make Kent my insurance as I 've got an offer from my first choice Uni. Most of my friends still waiting for a reply from Kent too! :s-smilie:
Reply 1017
Yeah he loved it. I've been to vist him in canterbury a few times and absolutely love the city and the uni was very impressive. The actual campus is massive and reminds me a lot of those american style campuses you see in movies where everything and anything is on site from a fruit market and bars/club to a huge sports complex (which is about to be expanded). And when you want to go in and out of the city there's a bus that goes right through the campus into the city. The only problem I have is that coming from glasgow there aren't as many clubs as i'd like as it's an old sleepy tourist city and the venue (kents union) wasn't the best club I've been to. But london is a mere train ride away and it only costs about £14 return or £18 if you want unlimited subway usage once you get there. Plus it's probably better to study in a place like canterbury where there are less distractions, allowing you to concentrate more on studying but still have a great uni/student experience.

The city is gorgeous.. and it sell crepes O_O oh dear my heaven in one word!
I see what you mean with the american thing it deafeningly does..
Are they? I didn't see the sports thing. Have to have a good look on wednesday c:
£18 on a student budget that like a weeks shopping xD
I was lucky enough to get a Interview with Kent for Computer Science in March - I'm generally really nervous about the whole thing..Anyone else know what the Interview is going to be like.
Reply 1019
I'm going to the Computer Science open day/interview too. There was a thread about it awhile back that had a post that explained it pretty well!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1890619

Quick Reply