The Student Room Group

McGill Offers

Hey,

Anyone doing A-levels heard anything yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alexlol28
Hey,

Anyone doing A-levels heard anything yet?

Sent it quite a while back and its been on ready for review for quite sometime now. What were your grades and which faculty did you apply to?
Reply 2
I applied for Material engineering and computer engineering, i am predicted ABB, in Physics, Chemistry and Maths with an A in French...

How about you?
Reply 3
Applied for Management and Arts, achieved A*A*C in Business Studies, Economics and Math with an A in English Language. Just bad luck with the math..never had a teacher for most of the year and had to make do the best i could lol. Anyway wish you luck, who knows might meet you there in Sept.
Reply 4
Possibly.. :smile:
Do you know when they usually send out offers?
Reply 5
From what I've heard they start giving out offers by the second week of Feb. Not sure how the system works though as some friends of mine have got offers as late as march end last year. Dont bother mailing minerva though as they never reply.
(edited 12 years ago)
Offers for internationals started in January, it can be anytime between then and May I think it is.
Reply 7
Anyone? Any offers out yet?
Mine came through a few weeks ago, but it was just the renewed offer for 2012 (I deferred last year)... So they have started.
Reply 9
Anyone? Any offers out yet?

Yep, my unconditional offer came this morning.

But i'm just wondering, how would i know if i'm able to enter sophomore year based on my A level ?
Reply 10
Original post by fellowjoe

But i'm just wondering, how would i know if i'm able to enter sophomore year based on my A level ?

I dont think you skip a whole year. What exactly are your subjects btw as they have some kind of list which tells you how many credits you get for each subject. However if you did IB then you do skip pretty much a year. Although as your from singapore and you did the singapore-cambridge A levels, they may have a different credit system for that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Azland
I dont think you skip a whole year. What exactly are your subjects btw as they have some kind of list which tells you how many credits you get for each subject. However if you did IB then you do skip pretty much a year. Although as your from singapore and you did the singapore-cambridge A levels, they may have a different credit system for that.

Seriously?

The main reason why i'm considering McGill too is its advanced standing as it would save me a year worth of tuition fees and living expenses. If i don't get to enter in the second year, i guess i'd probably go for UBC (assuming that i get their offer too).
Reply 12
Seriously?

The main reason why i'm considering McGill too is its advanced standing as it would save me a year worth of tuition fees and living expenses. If i don't get to enter in the second year, i guess i'd probably go for UBC (assuming that i get their offer too).

Yeah, I'm guessing best case scenario is you skip half a year worth of credits if you have the right A Level subject combinations for your course. The management faculty If I remember takes into account Business Studies, Math and Accounts.

Also, which course did you get an offer for? If you get an offer for one is your second choice automatically removed or do you have a chance of getting offers from both and choosing between the two?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Azland
Yeah, I'm guessing best case scenario is you skip half a year worth of credits if you have the right A Level subject combinations for your course. The management faculty If I remember takes into account Business Studies, Math and Accounts.

Also, which course did you get an offer for? If you get an offer for one is your second choice automatically removed or do you have a chance of getting offers from both and choosing between the two?

You stand a chance of getting both offers and choosing between them.
Reply 14

Wooo~! Moi aussi! Me too!
Well, it's not unconditional but pending final results.. still an offer from McGill! :biggrin:
Original post by Remy-Rae
Wooo~! Moi aussi! Me too!
Well, it's not unconditional but pending final results.. still an offer from McGill! :biggrin:

You did A-levels?
Reply 16
Do they check based on how early you applyed? I ask because I did my application only a few days before the jan 15 deadline.
Reply 17
You did A-levels?

Still doing them :smile:
Original post by Remy-Rae
Still doing them :smile:

I also applied, hope i will get an answer soon..
What did you apply for?
Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Merci. :smile:
Reply 19
I also applied, hope i will get an answer soon..
What did you apply for?
Do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are?

Merci. :smile:

No problem ^^
I applied for Arts - undeclared but probably majoring in PolSci or Anthropology
Uhm, I'm predicted A*AA in Biology,Spanish and Geography respectively.
Hope that helps :smile: Are you studying in England too? Make sure you check Minerva, the email they send isn't like UCAS track.. it's pretty delayed. :smile:

Quick Reply