The Student Room Group

KPMG Gap Year Programme 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Illmatic-
That was pretty hard...ouch.

Dw mate, I think you need around 9 to pass the numerical. It's pretty impossible to do all 24 numerical questions.

I've been putting it off for too long, I'll do it soon.... :colondollar:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Dw mate, I think you need around 9 to pass the numerical. It's pretty impossible to do all 24 numerical questions.

I've been putting it off for too long, I'll do it soon.... :colondollar:

Really?! I think I got around 12 :tongue: attempted around 17/18 with 3 of them being panicky guesses at around 00:40 seconds left lol. If we get a place, how easy is it to switch to another location? Also, do they provide accommodation? Cant seem to find the salary :colondollar: as well...any ideas people?
Really?! I think I got around 12 :tongue: attempted around 17/18 with 3 of them being panicky guesses at around 00:40 seconds left lol. If we get a place, how easy is it to switch to another location? Also, do they provide accommodation? Cant seem to find the salary :colondollar: as well...any ideas people?

Did you apply to London? Also, which business area did you apply to? I'm not sure if you can relocate tbh. As for the salary, it depends on the length of the scheme you applied to. If it's a 9 month one, I'd imagine around £15K
If it's a 6 month one, around 10K. Non- London will also have lower salaries
Did you apply to London? Also, which business area did you apply to? I'm not sure if you can relocate tbh. As for the salary, it depends on the length of the scheme you applied to. If it's a 9 month one, I'd imagine around £15K
If it's a 6 month one, around 10K. Non- London will also have lower salaries

Audit @ Gatwick. Would hate to commute everyday from West London and, though some sort of flat share would be cool, would be a waste of money i reckon.
Reply 84

I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you did just fine! I'm not sure how they consider relocation. Seeing as it's a telephone interview rather than a few interviews with people who may be your bosses next year, it might be easier. They won't provide accommodation, but might offer an upfront interest-free loan which is paid out from your salary.
Deloitte's is £20k pro-rata in London, and around £16,500 outside.
Original post by joshgoldman
I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you did just fine! I'm not sure how they consider relocation. Seeing as it's a telephone interview rather than a few interviews with people who may be your bosses next year, it might be easier. They won't provide accommodation, but might offer an upfront interest-free loan which is paid out from your salary.
Deloitte's is £20k pro-rata in London, and around £16,500 outside.

Thanks for that! Do you know any other schemes that havent closed (I got rejected from Deloittes scheme :nothing:)
Audit @ Gatwick. Would hate to commute everyday from West London and, though some sort of flat share would be cool, would be a waste of money i reckon.

Hang on, I think they (KPMG) may pay for flat share, or maybe that was just Deloitte (financially they were the best).

I think you will still have quite a lot left over tbh, even with the rent, get what you mean though.

Bank of England

There's also this scheme for ethnic minorities :lolwut:, need to look it up again
(edited 12 years ago)
Hang on, I think they (KPMG) may pay for flat share, or maybe that was just Deloitte (financially they were the best).

I think you will still have quite a lot left over tbh, even with the rent, get what you mean though.

Bank of England

There's also this scheme for ethnic minorities :lolwut:, need to look it up again

PM me if you find out about the ethnic minority scheme (might have been Future Reach?)
Bloody hell that was hard :s-smilie:- hope I got 11, but then I only steadily attempted 11. It will be borderline, but at least I shown improvement from Deloitte's I think :redface:
Reply 89

Bank of England

Deloitte pay for flat share???! That's news to me...

Thanks for that! Do you know any other schemes that havent closed (I got rejected from Deloittes scheme :nothing:)

Ummm, has Accenture's closed yet? Think Rothschild has closed, BofE will open soon (if it hasn't already), that's worth applying to!
Deloitte pay for flat share???! That's news to me...

Ummm, has Accenture's closed yet? Think Rothschild has closed, BofE will open soon (if it hasn't already), that's worth applying to!

Sorry I think I was wrong

As for Accenture, never leave things till the last minute. I partially filled in the app form, and they said I sent it when I swear I didn't and then said I had 5 days to complete it. I left it till the 5th day cos I had to revise, and the internet in my house didn't work :colonhash:
Reply 91
PM me if you find out about the ethnic minority scheme (might have been Future Reach?)

Future Reach isn't ethnic minorities.
Original post by Tateco
Future Reach isn't ethnic minorities.

Yeah I figured after I wrote it :facepalm: my bad
Reply 93
Yeah I figured after I wrote it :facepalm: my bad

Although it does say "from diverse backgrounds", hope that's not a hint that they only take ethnic minorities...
Original post by Tateco
Although it does say "from diverse backgrounds", hope that's not a hint that they only take ethnic minorities...

Nah that means that they take people from all backgrounds. They just want to show that they are willing to reject people from all races :colone:
Woah! I got 94th for numerical, and like 60th for verbal :p:

how did you find out your results for the tests? I asked for feedback after the final interview but never got the actual scores!
I'd also like to know how you can find out your scores. Managed to get a telephone interview but nothing on my scores just a 'well done, you've been successful..' email...
I'd also like to know how you can find out your scores. Managed to get a telephone interview but nothing on my scores just a 'well done, you've been successful..' email...

Same! The scores really do not matter now, getting higher score a will not put one at an advantage.

Well done :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by Stephination
how did you find out your results for the tests? I asked for feedback after the final interview but never got the actual scores!

I got mine in the email asking me to book my first interview.

"Dear Josh

Congratulations on successfully completing the verbal and numerical reasoning tests. The score you achieved in comparison to other candidates who apply to us is around the 60 percentile in the verbal test and around the 94 percentile in the numerical test..."
Same! The scores really do not matter now, getting higher score a will not put one at an advantage.

Well done :biggrin:

:woo:

I got mine in the email asking me to book my first interview.

"Dear Josh

Congratulations on successfully completing the verbal and numerical reasoning tests. The score you achieved in comparison to other candidates who apply to us is around the 60 percentile in the verbal test and around the 94 percentile in the numerical test..."

Ah...its a mystery :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest